• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Bolt-Action Tactical Sniper Rifle for the money?

The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows where
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry it
He ain't heavy, he's my AI

The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows where
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry it
He ain't heavy, he's my AI
Long as you like the load! - AI AT308:

"WEIGHT

5.8kg (12.8lb) with empty magazine, no scope, 24” barrel, no muzzle brake"

add a Pic rail to those 12.8 lbs., rings, scope, another Pic rail or two for bipod, or monopod, or both, maybe an ACI, put some rounds in that empty mag, add a muzzle brake, or a can, an anti-cant device, maybe a barricade stop, a sling - now you don't need a gym membership anymore. See it actually saves you money.

Tikka CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor is still the right answer to your question I believe. Buy whatever chassis you want and you're set. Way under budget, with top-notch performance out to 1,300-1,400 yards with low recoil for less than $1.50 a round. There's just not much downside to it.

I've run mine in a couple of informal matches last year and smoked guys with much more expensive guns. The rifle won't hold you back for sure.

A lot of solid content and great info in this thread. As an owner of an AXMC, numerous frankenguns, as well as clones, custom hunting and custom comp rifles... my final niche is wanting to build a less expensive platform around 308 Win since I already have tons of reloading components and equipment for it. As an addendum to the original post... what are folks thoughts on practical accuracy in regards to ordering a Trued Rem 700 Action from NSS, purchasing a Rem/Age barrel, recoil lug, go/no go gauges, action wrench, etc and piecing together?

I feel for the money involved that may be a solid way to go, especially if you plan to shoot more than a few thousand rounds a year with the rifle and do not want to pay for a gunsmith to countour, chamber, thread and true a barrel to your action. Would allow you to swap barrels easily.

I’m certain someone here has built something similar and my question is: is it worth the money spent, vs purchasing a complete rifle off the PX? I notice insane price drops for custom rifles that are well over $5000. But, finding something exactly that you want may be tough.

I’m planning to build a shorty 308 Win based off Rem 700 Action, 18” or 16.5” as I will run this suppressed and using subsonics. Krg Bravo stock which I got for a steal, can run factory trigger for a bit until I decide to upgrade to a TT. Throw a scope base and scope on, grab a bipod and you’re off.