• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Buddy K-9 Passed This Week

So sorry for your loss. Its amazing how tightly we bond together with our furry friends. My most sincere condolences. My 11 yr old English Bulldog is on his way out right now. Poor guy just hit the brakes in early July and has never rebounded. I've been hoping he would go peacefully without intervention but seems like he's going to be stubborn to the end. If you have any advice to give when the right time to step in and let em go, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm extremely torn right now. Thanks.

Stunning looking dog and without knowing anything about you i can tell Dakota couldn't of had a better time on this earth , Long may he live in your memory .

Deiselgeek ; There are not many things that bring me to tears but your picture did !

So sorry for your loss. Its amazing how tightly we bond together with our furry friends. My most sincere condolences. My 11 yr old English Bulldog is on his way out right now. Poor guy just hit the brakes in early July and has never rebounded. I've been hoping he would go peacefully without intervention but seems like he's going to be stubborn to the end. If you have any advice to give when the right time to step in and let em go, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm extremely torn right now. Thanks.
They will let you know one way or another. You know their character and have seen them for a long time and when they start doing odd things out of character or an illness causes a rapid decline you know it's time. I say all that but Dakota had been going downhill for a year but towards the last couple of weeks it was rapid...to the point where to pro-long his life would have be cruel. But, it was my wife that actually said we need to take him in as I couldn't do it - he was my dog from the beginning. I feel for ya - it is a tough day when you have to go to the vet. It is now been a little over a week and I am still questioning my decision. Could I have done something different? Could I have gotten more intervention and I know the Vet told me there is nothing I could have done differently but I still wonder. That is just the grieving process talking.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your wisdom. That helps a bit. I guess time will tell. Once again, so sorry for your loss. I'm dreading the day I go through it.
They will let you know one way or another. You know their character and have seen them for a long time and when they start doing odd things out of character or an illness causes a rapid decline you know it's time. I say all that but Dakota had been going downhill for a year but towards the last couple of weeks it was rapid...to the point where to pro-long his life would have be cruel. But, it was my wife that actually said we need to take him in as I couldn't do it - he was my dog from the beginning. I feel for ya - it is a tough day when you have to go to the vet. It is now been a little over a week and I am still questioning my decision. Could I have done something different? Could I have gotten more intervention and I know the Vet told me there is nothing I could have done differently but I still wonder. That is just the grieving process talking.

Dang man.....never easy losing a your best friend. That's a tough one, I remember when we put our first dog down, I was fresh from Iraq and that guy got me through some tough times. Miss him like crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

i'm so sorry for ya man, i have had a couple shepherds and have a dutch at the moment, he watches my house when i'm gone and is there to go for a run when i'm home. I would be hard pressed to own anything other then shepherds the rest of my life. Such amazing creatures. I feel your loss and may your friend rest in peace.

I remember my life based on my dogs. I can tell you the name of every dog from when I was a kid until this day, and they all contributed to my life as a whole. I've had some really sad goodbyes and others that were unexpected. I have never not had a dog in my life except when I was in college (mid 70's) and will always have a dog(s) with me until I too am gone. So sorry for your loss,