• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s best bull shizzle someone told you and was serious

Just walked out of a gun store down here in Georgia. I walked in looking for a bore guide and the guy asked what I was shooting and I told him it was a 6.5 Creedmoor. He proceeded to tell me that the round was really making a comeback and how he first shot it out of a GAP rifle in the mid '80's. I told him that the round wasn't developed until 2007 and he said that it was custom so they already had them. I thanked him for his help and went home and bought a bore guide online.

Maybe the guy used the Doritos time machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local fellow told me his son can shoot 5 shots into a quarter sized group at 100 yards with iron sights on his .45 ACP standing unsupported.

Never did come show me when I invited him to the range, which was disappointing because that would've been a sight to see.

Want to hear something scary. We had a warrant officer in our unit, that while it wasn't a quarter sized group, he did manage to hit 8 out of 10 shots on a 2 inch steel target at 100 yards with his handgun.

So i went to Gander Mountain in Maryland the other day and the sales guy asks if I would be interested in a hand gun with a threaded barrel

ME- No I'm not looking to buy a gun today I'm just looking.
HIM- Well there great for silencers
ME- Delaware does not allow suppressors..
Him- I'm sure they do

At this point he yells over to the other guy behind the counter Does Delaware allow silencers ? (He responds back) NO!

Him- Well no one needs to know you have one.
Me- Well you cant buy one, Make one, or have one in the state its illegal! and not worth it..
Him- You would be surprised what you can do with an Oil filter.
Me- No shit but you still have to have a tax stamp and the #'s on the adapter and the oil filter have to match and in order to get that it has to be legal in your state..

At that point I was starting to get angry and I think he could tell so he switched subjects I just walked away with my 15yo son. My son asked me is that guy stupid or something?

I don't know what the law is on a store clerk advising you to break the law. but for any one interested its the Gander Mountain on eastern shore Maryland

So i went to Gander Mountain in Maryland the other day and the sales guy asks if I would be interested in a hand gun with a threaded barrel

ME- No I'm not looking to buy a gun today I'm just looking.
HIM- Well there great for silencers
ME- Delaware does not allow suppressors..
Him- I'm sure they do

At this point he yells over to the other guy behind the counter Does Delaware allow silencers ? (He responds back) NO!

Him- Well no one needs to know you have one.
Me- Well you cant buy one, Make one, or have one in the state its illegal! and not worth it..
Him- You would be surprised what you can do with an Oil filter.
Me- No shit but you still have to have a tax stamp and the #'s on the adapter and the oil filter have to match and in order to get that it has to be legal in your state..

At that point I was starting to get angry and I think he could tell so he switched subjects I just walked away with my 15yo son. My son asked me is that guy stupid or something?

I don't know what the law is on a store clerk advising you to break the law. but for any one interested its the Gander Mountain on eastern shore Maryland

Not surprised. I was in the Gander Mtn in York PA and overheard the sales clerk tell an old man that 41 Magnums are scarce because the .44 Spcl. and .44 Magnum came out and killed the interest in the 41. And yes, he really did think that the 41 came out first.

I called back East last year to Gander Mountain to buy a Remington pump .22 and they told me they are not allowed to ship to CA. Not sure anyone at GM knows what they are doing.

Today My Wife and I were at the Mall with our one year old and our three year old. This was in Niagara Falls so their is a Air Force Reserve base near by. The Kids get hungry so we are eating at the food court. The guy that cleans up the trash comes up to me and asked "where did you get that hat?" After a seconds confusion, I remember I am wearing my Barrett hat. I tell him Barret rifles. He says, do you have a Barret? I tell him yes. He asked which one and I tell him a MRAD. He tells me he has a M-82 fifty. Cause he needed something to do after he got out of the core. He got the full auto M-82. He keeps it in a safe on the base, cause it is too dangerous to keep at home. He had some rank in the corp, so he is exempt from NYS prohibition on full auto weapons. He has the full "computerized optic" and the rifle cost him $45,000 dollars. He shoots it mostly on base and takes it off base only twice a year once for Camp Perry ....(and another similar comp, I forget what his second comp was.) So then he walks off a bit and fumbles out his phone then comes back and shows me a picture of a girl holding his gun. It was the right size to be a Barrett 50 and the stock was defiantly a Barrett M-82 stock, and the barrel and muzzle brake looked right. It was just a cell phone pic, but while it seemed to be some kind of a .50 had a Barrett stock it just did not look like a M-82 to me.

I am not a Barret expert (feel free to correct me if I am wrong) but so far as I know Ronnie has kept away from full Auto rifles.

Last edited:
Yeah, sure....a shoulder fired, full auto 50 cal rifle. Can I interest you in a bridge? Some times the BS people tell other folks is so ridiculous that it is insulting to our intelligence.

North Dakota has a ban on using 50 caliber ammunition using smokeless. I called to ask why and to check if there was a permit available to allow use.

North Dakota game and fish director stated this.
A 50 enables a person to shoot too far.

I do not remember the exact conversation any more but the jist of it is this. A 50 enables you to shoot too far and they would put a distance limit on how far you could shoot.

When I had a 50 there was no bullet fairy that miracles the bullet way out there.

North Dakota has a ban on using 50 caliber ammunition using smokeless. I called to ask why and to check if there was a permit available to allow use.

North Dakota game and fish director stated this.
A 50 enables a person to shoot too far.

I do not remember the exact conversation any more but the jist of it is this. A 50 enables you to shoot too far and they would put a distance limit on how far you could shoot.

When I had a 50 there was no bullet fairy that miracles the bullet way out there.
I'm sure this is regards to muzzle loaders .. I may be wrong ..

Not gun related, but the biggest line of BS I ever had anyone lay on me. I had a employee tell me "I am allergic to saw dust", so he couldn't clean up the mess he had just made in the wood shop. He had been using the table saw and he was just fine, but when I told him to clean up and he said he couldn't, he followed by saying that the sawdust that "falls" from the saw wasn't the issue, it was the sawdust that "rises" from the broom that he was allergic to....I couldn't stop laughing

Not gun related, but the biggest line of BS I ever had anyone lay on me. I had a employee tell me "I am allergic to saw dust", so he couldn't clean up the mess he had just made in the wood shop. He had been using the table saw and he was just fine, but when I told him to clean up and he said he couldn't, he followed by saying that the sawdust that "falls" from the saw wasn't the issue, it was the sawdust that "rises" from the broom that he was allergic to....I couldn't stop laughing
That shit's funny right there

I'm sure this is regards to muzzle loaders .. I may be wrong ..

The rule was originally put in affect when rifles chambered in 50bmg were becoming popular. The rule bans the use of any 50 caliber or larger using smokeless powder. This includes the 50ae if it is in a rifle. One of the times I asked about one of the 50 Beowulf rounds that fit into a ar15 and was told no. It would be years before they would bring it to the rules meeting but the BMG would not ever be talked about. Their logic is this. It is better to have a semiautomatic rifle with a 100rd mag than a rifle so heavy you will only take it out one time just so you can say you have. Yes we have no mag limit for semiautomatic rifles.

I have called a few times and the jist of it is this…. The North Dakota Game and Fish operates on the good-old-boy network. I am not in their click. Good research is looking into who gets tags for the big three and buck tags in the bad lands. I have a friend who got a buck tag 19 years in a row. Reading on fishingbuddy has tones of similar stories. Same thing can be said for the weapons they “lost”.

Using black powder you can do what you want as long as it is not full auto, or using FMJ bullets. If you want to use a muzzle loader you can for rifle season. You could also use a crossbow if you wanted. Even though you can not use a crossbow during bow season.

It was to stop people from using them for long range hunting. The director stated they could not dictate how far a person could shoot, but a 50bmg enables a person to shoot too far. It is clear he knows nothing of shooting at distance. Or like this. He operates his rifles like his computers. Point and click.

The rule was originally put in affect when rifles chambered in 50bmg were becoming popular. The rule bans the use of any 50 caliber or larger using smokeless powder. This includes the 50ae if it is in a rifle. One of the times I asked about one of the 50 Beowulf rounds that fit into a ar15 and was told no. It would be years before they would bring it to the rules meeting but the BMG would not ever be talked about. Their logic is this. It is better to have a semiautomatic rifle with a 100rd mag than a rifle so heavy you will only take it out one time just so you can say you have. Yes we have no mag limit for semiautomatic rifles.

I have called a few times and the jist of it is this…. The North Dakota Game and Fish operates on the good-old-boy network. I am not in their click. Good research is looking into who gets tags for the big three and buck tags in the bad lands. I have a friend who got a buck tag 19 years in a row. Reading on fishingbuddy has tones of similar stories. Same thing can be said for the weapons they “lost”.

Using black powder you can do what you want as long as it is not full auto, or using FMJ bullets. If you want to use a muzzle loader you can for rifle season. You could also use a crossbow if you wanted. Even though you can not use a crossbow during bow season.

It was to stop people from using them for long range hunting. The director stated they could not dictate how far a person could shoot, but a 50bmg enables a person to shoot too far. It is clear he knows nothing of shooting at distance. Or like this. He operates his rifles like his computers. Point and click.
Wow... 19yrs in a row.. He should be buying lottery tickets instead.. This is very interesting thank you for sharing..

Wow... 19yrs in a row.. He should be buying lottery tickets instead.. This is very interesting thank you for sharing..

you guys should come down to GA for some hunting. in state licenses are 12 deer per year, 10 can be antlerless.
doe days run almost all season.
no lotto for tags, go online and buy a big game license and deer tags (cheep too)
includes state land except for the WMA lands which just need an extra stamp (also cheep as hell).
the only lotto is for the WMA quota hunts and gators.

screw that democrat state over regulated hunting land shit.
southern zone of GA you can even hunt directly over bait.

Way back when, there was a blog of a guy shooting a deer with a 12 lb Howitzer and canister shot. Skinned deer showed about 6-8 hits. Fellow that posted it said that if you try this, have a good camo cover for the cannon, and spread empty 12 ga slug shells around. If somebody investigates, just say "That sucker just would not stay down!"

^^^ I've christened my boss: 10/90

10% of everything you say is VERY hard to believe,,
the other 90% is pure bullshit!