• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Best caliber for protection

ssgp2

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2004
montreal,Canada
Caliber defeats character.

What is the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself? The best answer:

My personal favorite defense gun has always been a Beretta Jetfire in 22 short. Over all the years

I've been hiking I never leave without it in my pocket. Of course we all know too the first rule when hiking in the wilderness is to use the "Buddy System".

For those of you who may be unfamiliar with this it means you NEVER hike alone, you bring a friend or companion, even an in-law, that way if something happens there is someone to go get help.

I remember one time hiking with my brother-in-law in northern Alberta . Out of nowhere came this huge brown bear and man was she mad. We must have been near one of her cubs. Anyway, if I had not had my little Jetfire I'd sure not be here today. Just one shot to my brother-in-law's knee cap and I was able to escape by just walking at a brisk pace.

That's one of the best pistols in my safe...

Re: Best caliber for protection

Great.

"The Walking Dead" all over again
grin.gif

I thought you were really serious about the .22 short for a minute. That was funny. To bad you didn't spray the bear with some of that bear pepper spray then shoot him in the knee
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDStroup</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I thought you were really serious about the .22 short for a minute. That was funny. To bad you didn't spray the bear with some of that bear pepper spray then shoot him in the knee
grin.gif
</div></div>

No, spray your brother-in-law with the pepper spray, that way the bear can have Cajun Honkey.

Trojan Magnum XL Lubricated

I'm partial to the 30mm. Still looking for an IWB holster for my GAU-8.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm partial to the 30mm. Still looking for an IWB holster for my GAU-8. </div></div>

Your the guy I want with me. I could definately outrun you.

Seriously 10mm and be done with it.

HaHa! Just knee cap him. Love it. You don't have to outrun the bear just don't be the slowest:) +1 also for the 10mm. Silly little cannon of around.

You don't have to swim faster than the shark, just faster than your dive buddy...

12 Ga. #4 buckshot. It's a bit hard to carry concealed and finding a holster is a bitch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mustafa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't have to swim faster than the shark, just faster than your dive buddy...</div></div>

Same theory, dive knife......

rofl. nice story.

but the best caliber is the one you actually carry. does no good in the safe at home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hollowpoint</div><div class="ubbcode-body">rofl. nice story.

but the best caliber is the one you actually carry. does no good in the safe at home. </div></div>

That's right hollowpoint. 10mm everyday all day. Glock 29 with Glock 20 15 rounders.

269c8a66.jpg