• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best compact scopes for AR's

NRF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2010
CORNHUSKER
Let me know what you guys like.

I have only looked through a few Trijicons and they didn't seem too bad, how are they in low light?

What else is out there, I was not wanting to spend too much over $1,000 though since the AR project is new to me.

Re: Best compact scopes for AR's

200 to 300 yrds max probably for now I just bought a MP15 with the sale through CDNN and truthfully don't know much about them I'm a bolt shooter but couldn't pass it up, I realize it isn't top of the line AR so I'm not looking for miracles or expecting to much but to me optics can make it or break it.

Not only am I looking for optics any other info would be great, should I swap the trigger or anything else or just shoot.

take a serious look at the vortex 1-4x razor i've had my hands on one for a couple days now and am greatly impressed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">take a serious look at the vortex 1-4x razor i've had my hands on one for a couple days now and am greatly impressed. </div></div>
Are these shipping now? Is the illumination day light visable?
I'm looking forward to these and the new Super Sniper 1-4X which would also make a good choice.

yes they are shipping, i just got mine the other day this is the 1-4 razor. and the illumination is bright as hell, definately day light visable.

Really depends on how your rifle is set up, and what your planning on doing with it. I just built a SPR-ish rifle, and topped it with a Luep. mid range tactical 2.5-8X, TMR reticle. Its a nice little scope.

I just use the ACOG NSN model with amber crosshairs,fast acquisition even with 4x.very durable and great LL performance.The 25moa buis on top are a joke though.Had it 5 years and no thoughts of replacing it.

50bucks and you can get a nc star,millet,barska scope they hold there zero well. 4x

400-600 gets you a bad ass aimpoint. i have two on each of my ar's zero power but they still get out to 300 yards

I have a Leupold 3-9x on my 20". It's a good combination.

Not all that compact now that I think about it though...........

The vortex looks promising, but sub 1k on the money scale you in a 1-4x the burrix XTR is hard to beat at about 600.00 Glass is good. Built in BDR. Illuminated reticle works great indoors and outside the Gen2 is much better at not washing out in sunlight, but I do not use illumination during bright sun anyway.

Over 1k you might want to look at the NF's 1-4x's but for me they did not offer a feature gain for $$$ over the burris. The ELCan DR 1-4x seems like close to damn perfect except for the 1800.00 price tag. Hope this helps a little. Also you may want to go over to read this thread at AR15 it is a good reviews of a bunch of 1-4-6x optics in all dollar ranges with pictures.

RS

YMMV.

on my ar10 i use a NF 2.5x10 with their ballistic recticle and I also use a eotech for pig hunting. My ar15 I really like the acog as I find it fast and accurate. I use the eotech on it as well hunting pigs. The NF is extremely good out to 600yds.

I use an ACOG TA31RCOM4 on 1 of my AR's and a TA01NSN on another.

have a Lupy Mark AR that I really like and it was $299, some round these parts hate on the leupolds but I'm a fan and they work for me. it's a 3-9X40 and is BDC'd for 223, 55 grain I believe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BaileyMoto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trijicon TR24 1-4x w/ triangle reticle.

Yep.
</div></div>

This.

One day I want a USO SN-3 1.8-10x44. That's after new tires, tuition, ect.