• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best ELR cartridge for an AR10 build

7 PRC was leaked in what, August and the entire shooting world has blown it up.

Sig Fury was announced in 2019 and there is zero support beyond Sig. Why? For the reasons I already stated.
7 PRC was leaked in what, August and the entire shooting world has blown it up.

Sig Fury was announced in 2019 and there is zero support beyond Sig. Why? For the reasons I already stated.
Omg dude, that's not an AR-10! Not only that, the MCX is a multi-caliber platform. Nobody, except for the few who bought the limited editions, even know how it's assembled. It won't even come out, maybe until the end of this year.

Omg dude, that's not an AR-10! Not only that, the MCX is a multi-caliber platform. Nobody, except for the few who bought the limited editions, even know how it's assembled. It won't even come out, maybe until the end of this year.

What difference does the platform make? Support is support, unless the requirements to achieve the desired results are too far outside the box that no one wants to get in the game until it proves it isn't going to fall on it's face.

There's a reason why brass cases have remained relatively unchanged for the last 175 years or so.

Go for it man. We can re-visit this topic in 5 years and see where things are at.

Ok, I'll take my chances on the side of what the military adopts.

You're right, I can't think of anything they made the wrong choice on:ROFLMAO:

You're right, I can't think of anything they made the wrong choice on:ROFLMAO:
Ok, well I'm out of this conversation, because you would have to be insane to be rooting for it to not catch on. I mean it's like the medical industry inventing a cure for cancer, and you're like, "No, I want to stick to chemo." So, god bless, and good luck in getting your wishes.

Uhh, ok first of all, there was nothing in my post that suggested anger, it's just called debate, and second of all, nothing I said is based on a belief. The Sig MCX is a AR-10 size frame with a 13" barrel, let me say that again, a 13" barrel, sending a 150g .277 caliber projectile at 2900 fps.

There is no debate on the ballistics - the velocity you quote means it's worse than SST (the smallest of the mag-faced cases mentioned) by 2 or 3+ FEET of windage @ 1K, depending on projectile, and without even getting into solids, which would add another foot of windage differential. The debate is leftist in nature, i.e. predicated upon changing definitions/assumptions/criteria in order to avoid facts.

Ok, well I'm out of this conversation, because you would have to be insane to be rooting for it to not catch on. I mean it's like the medical industry inventing a cure for cancer, and you're like, "No, I want to stick to chemo." So, god bless, and good luck in getting your wishes.

My point to this really has nothing to do with the concept itself and I'm fully on board with advancements within the industry, however if the advancements nullify the current available equipment or rely on watering down the advancement to safely use it in current equipment, then it really isn't a huge leap forward.

i don’t know about the elr part but my armalite krieger barreled 260 does decent at 1000 and i’ve ran it to 1400yds on a couple calm days.