• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best folder on a Remington 700 chassis?

Amanda4461

Loves Dobermans!
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2009
Asheboro, North Carolina
Howdy folks,
I have the itch to purchase a folding chassis to replace the issued Hogue rubberized plastic stock on my 700 SPS in 5.56mm.
Comparing the Cadex to the KRG, MDT Carbon Fiber and MPA folders.
I am after most solid rigidity when locked open, AICS Mag capability and adjustable cheekpiece and LOP. Ability to lock open and closed is a plus.
Main concern is the folding parts. My AIAX .300 Winmag is the benchmark. Locked open or closed, the AI is solid.
Of the companies listed above, which has the best folding chassis per your experience?
Thanks for your feedback!
Amanda

Reactions: hseII
I have MDT, AIAX G2, and Vision. They all function fine, but for most rugged and stable I'd pick the AI.

MPA user here. Locks closed and open. Just keep the hinge screw tight and it feels perfect.

The vision is the best folder imo. It works perfectly and it's the slickest . It doesn't lock folded though, that would be cool

I went with the JP APAC. I'm still waiting for it to arrive, so I don't have any hands-on experience with it yet. Lowlight has a 224 Valkyrie in one, and I got to look at it at the PRE. Everyone says they lock up solid, and the hinge is reversible L or R. Just another option to help muddle your decision process.

Reactions: Amanda4461
I have a KRB bravo LA...don't care for it or the B.S. excuses as to it's poor performance and offer I received when I wanted to return it. I really like the look of their C4 but cant bring myself to spend money with them after my experience.

I have an MPA Hybrid hunter folder that came on my MPA 300 PRC. It isn't the most solid, but then again it probably just needs adjusted. It honestly isn't that sloppy. I like MPA's service and products enough that it has me looking at a Matrix Pro.

I've only shot a Cadex lite strike once before and it was nice. I'm hem hawing between it and the MPA Matrix Pro. I'm not set on a folder .vs. non-folder though.

I have Zero experience behind MDT Chassis but if I were buying one of their products it would be the JAE G4.

Honestly though, If your AX is the standard and money is what is holding you back from another one, Cadex is out of the lineup for a lot of their offerings. Vision is on par with an AX and KRG whiskey 3 folder is only like $300 less. Sure that's $300 toward a scope but if you're unhappy with its performance and you try to return it and they pull the same B.S. on you then you'll quickly regret it. They'll give a full refund it it's new in the box but will take 15% for a used product with any marks. Mine was all marked up because the action kept sliding around. It beat the "backbone" my magazines and my action up. I couldn't adjust the mag well enough to keep magazines in on recoil and I couldn't set the action back far enough to seat it against the recoil lug recess. I could have epoxy bedded it, but wanted a properly functioning chassis for the money I had paid. I'm sure this isn't a typical experience and the company was still pretty new when I got my Bravo so take my experience with a grain of salt.

I have a KRB bravo LA...don't care for it or the B.S. excuses as to it's poor performance and offer I received when I wanted to return it. I really like the look of their C4 but cant bring myself to spend money with them after my experience.

I have an MPA Hybrid hunter folder that came on my MPA 300 PRC. It isn't the most solid, but then again it probably just needs adjusted. It honestly isn't that sloppy. I like MPA's service and products enough that it has me looking at a Matrix Pro.

I've only shot a Cadex lite strike once before and it was nice. I'm hem hawing between it and the MPA Matrix Pro. I'm not set on a folder .vs. non-folder though.

I have Zero experience behind MDT Chassis but if I were buying one of their products it would be the JAE G4.

Honestly though, If your AX is the standard and money is what is holding you back from another one, Cadex is out of the lineup for a lot of their offerings. Vision is on par with an AX and KRG whiskey 3 folder is only like $300 less. Sure that's $300 toward a scope but if you're unhappy with its performance and you try to return it and they pull the same B.S. on you then you'll quickly regret it. They'll give a full refund it it's new in the box but will take 15% for a used product with any marks. Mine was all marked up because the action kept sliding around. It beat the "backbone" my magazines and my action up. I couldn't adjust the mag well enough to keep magazines in on recoil and I couldn't set the action back far enough to seat it against the recoil lug recess. I could have epoxy bedded it, but wanted a properly functioning chassis for the money I had paid. I'm sure this isn't a typical experience and the company was still pretty new when I got my Bravo so take my experience with a grain of salt.

Well, I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. I would encourage you to give krg another chance at some point. They made me a lefty with their folder hinge (even though they don't make one that folds the correct way for a lefty). It didn't end up working for me as I couldn't fit my hand in there with the hinge, it being a lefty it just didn't work. They took it back and refunded my money. I wouldn't expect any outfit to take a return at full price though if I had used it, I think that's kind of standard for anything, since they can't resell it as new at that point. I've found krg to be absolutely great and dealt with them many times and have a few of their chassis as well as a few Vision chassis (I love both, the Vision just works better for me specifically for the comp guns but the krg W3 is the most comfy chassis I've ever been on.

Last edited:
I have my rem700 6cm in a XLR element 3.0 and I added the folder adapter. It clicks solidly into position. Went out to 1,240 yds at Frank and Marc’s class at JM Precision in Imperial, NE and consistently had 1st or 2nd rd impacts.

Only had two folders. KRG W3 and Magpul 700 Pro. Both folders are superb. I highly recommend the KRG to anyone interested in that level of chassis.

Thanks to all who responded, and Merry Christmas!
I have decided to obtain a KRG W3 Folder.
Any Hide supporters selling them?
Thanks!
Amanda

@cattleman99 deals KRG (Snider ), and is an awesome guy to deal with. That's what I would do. You can order directly from KRG also but I'd talk with @cattleman99

AI at-x aics chassis with folder for the win! Def the firmet lockup and mechanics of any xlr, krg, ar15 style folder I've played with.

Attachments

• 20221222_171459.jpg
    20221222_171459.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 98
AI at-x aics chassis with folder for the win! Def the firmet lockup and mechanics of any xlr, krg, ar15 style folder I've played with.

That one and the Vision are the top of the food chain as far as the design, function, and anesthetics as well. The krg is very solid but more bulky. If the cost wasn't am issue, it would definitely be the AI or the Vision imo