• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best kydex AICS mag holster

Jmkjr87

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 13, 2019
    What kydex mag holster is best for PRS? I'm looking for a open top, adjustable tension aics mag holster that will work for both 10 and 12 rounds Mags that will clip or hook on my belt. I don't want loops or flop top covers. Any suggestions on what brand to buy that you have personally use and like

I really like my Short Action Precision. I also have 2 Walsh holders that work good for my Rimfire but do not like them for my CF mags.

I really like my Short Action Precision. I also have 2 Walsh holders that work good for my Rimfire but do not like them for my CF mags.

Do you have the regular belt loop or the combat belt loop on the SAC holster

The standard belt clip. I wear an SOE EDC Belt or a KORE EDC Belt. fit is great.

My local gunstore has these LAG mag carriers that will fit AR-10/AICS mags, which attach with a standard belt clip.

They work with my B14R mags, but I had to pad the bottom of the holder with foam to lift the mag up enough.

My local gunstore has these LAG mag carriers that will fit AR-10/AICS mags, which attach with a standard belt clip.

They work with my B14R mags, but I had to pad the bottom of the holder with foam to lift the mag up enough.
    How do you like that holster? I have heart burn spending 120 bucks for 2 holsters, christ

Reactions: TriAxiS666
    Check out Long Shadow Holsters. They make super quality kydex holsters for AICS, Sako/Tikka, Desert Tech, and AW/AX magazines and Kestrel WX meters. They are available in different colors and attachment (Clip, Loops etc) choices. You will not de disappointed.

Check out Long Shadow Holsters. They make super quality kydex holsters for AICS, Sako/Tikka, Desert Tech, and AW/AX magazines and Kestrel WX meters. They are available in different colors and attachment (Clip, Loops etc) choices. You will not de disappointed.
    I'll look em up, thanks for telling me

It's been working out well, the tension is adjustable so you can make the mag as loose or as tight as you want. It was definitely a worthwhile buy for me.
    Those ones for 40 bucks look like they will do the trick but the SAP holsters do look nicer

hands down the best. their original was great. these are phenomenal

Reactions: Jmkjr87
    It's not kydex, but a Rifle TACO pouch works well, putting it in is slower, but it's plenty secure retention wise.

98D9A2B7-CE23-4CAC-BB44-CC6299A300F6.jpeg

Reactions: akmike47
    Well how do u like em? I tell ya I like the price of those
    I am liking them. Snug, so I don’t have to worry about losing a mag. Smaller clip fits perfectly on smaller sections of bdus and paddle fits in next slot in back perfectly. Got both to try different style. Some recommended the paddle. The clip is locking and adjustable for different width belts.

There kinda of short, do they hold the mag real well

I have not worn them in competition yet(next week). Not seen an issue when others have used them. There is o-rings between shells which set tension I believe. Even mounted upside down and running short distance, I don’t see them falling out.

There kinda of short, do they hold the mag real well
    I’m really not trying to push you one way or the other, just something to ponder.

That’s why I like my tacos, the mag sits in them pretty deep, and if you really wanted you could run one of those elastic keepers with a tab over the top.

You would have to run 12 round mags though, that's what this is. I'm getting A419 extensions though they pull out easy enough as is.

IMG_4862.JPG

Last edited:
    Reactions: kthomas
    How do you like that holster? I have heart burn spending 120 bucks for 2 holsters, christ
    I have two of these that I use for PRS matches. They have worked flawlessly with AI mags and MDT mags. 10 and 12 rounders easy to adjust the amount of tension with the screws. They do tend to wear on the finish of your mag if they are adjusted tight. But who wants to lose a mag so I run mine pretty tight.

Another vote for Gundo.
    He made a few for me. Excellent work. Use them with AI, MDT, and a few other AICS mags without issues.
    I like them a tic taller, as others have mentioned, but they function smooth, and ride well on the belt in their standard config.
    I've never asked if he can make them any taller.
    But he does excellent work, and quite popular in MI. for good reason.

They performed very well for me this weekend. Did not have any issue with them at all. Backup mag stayed in place while moving around. Worked flawlessly while pulling mag during the stages(at least three times had to do mag swap while on clock).

They performed very well for me this weekend. Did not have any issue with them at all. Backup mag stayed in place while moving around. Worked flawlessly while pulling mag during the stages(at least three times had to do mag swap while on clock).
    Do you like there tek lok belt loop thing?

Tek Lok is the shit! Imo, the best solution for belt carry retention.
    It doesn't look like the original tek lok, they call it the combat loop and it looks different

It doesn't look like the original tek lok, they call it the combat loop and it looks different
    Hmmm…I didn’t check or see. You have a link to show?

I do know that I have been using Kydex mags by Big Dog with Tek Lok for eight years through all kinds of shit and really like the product.

Hmmm…I didn’t check or see. You have a link to show?

I do know that I have been using Kydex mags by Big Dog with Tek Lok for eight years through all kinds of shit and really like the product.
    Scroll up, Henry red posted the web site, Gundo holsters

Scroll up, Henry red posted the web site, Gundo holsters
    Okay, I went to their site and never could find where they show the Tek Lok, of any kind. Maybe I missed it.

Just look for the big dog steel mag holsters. Currently out of stock at Altus, but we’ll worth the $ when you find them.

1646876088933.jpeg

1646876145172.jpeg

Retention is great and can be adjusted.

Reactions: BurtG
    4AB48B1C-53B0-4987-96CA-69FE3E165A77.jpeg
    I do like this clip. Universal belt clamp. Serrated locking clip(on right)is nice(just noticed it locks) did not open at match. The paddle is more difficult to get on and off. Which can be a good thing.

Okay, I went to their site and never could find where they show the Tek Lok, of any kind. Maybe I missed it.

Just look for the big dog steel mag holsters. Currently out of stock at Altus, but we’ll worth the $ when you find them.

View attachment 7824430
    View attachment 7824433

Retention is great and can be adjusted.
    Right that don't have tek lok, it's called combat loop and when you click on that it's similar to tek lok in looks but I don't think it's tek lok. Now if it functions just the same then I think I'm gonna buy some of them

Reactions: lash
    I received my Gundo holsters. I played around with them in the house and like them. They are very nice and seem to be a very good deal. They are a shorter holster height wise, but even with a tall single stack like a Magpul AC they have good retention. Like CC gun holsters you can adjust a couple screws and have the grip you prefer.

Reactions: HenryRed
    The gundo holster seem like there hard to beat for the money
    Agreed. For AW cut mags they're perfect.
    For 10rd AICS mags with Area419 extenders on them they work, but I prefer the mag to sit a little deeper.
    They're a great price, solid product, and he's (Mr. Gundo) is a good dude.

Any of you got any holders your willing to part with? I definitely need a couple as I'm getting my feet wet in PRS.

I’m really not trying to push you one way or the other, just something to ponder.

That’s why I like my tacos, the mag sits in them pretty deep, and if you really wanted you could run one of those elastic keepers with a tab over the top.

You would have to run 12 round mags though, that's what this is. I'm getting A419 extensions though they pull out easy enough as is.

View attachment 7816382
    I also really like my HSGI Taco's.

Reactions: akmike47
    Ended up getting 2 holsters from cayenne precision. They sell them on eBay for 40 bucks a piece. Really like them and I went with those because they had them in ghost grey which is the same color as ACC chassis. First thing is your equipment has to look cool and everything else is 2nd to this. But they work great and I really like em

Should have went all the way with the gray LV