• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best LPVO for hunting under $800?

Magmaviper

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Hello,

I'm trying to get ideas on a good hunting LPVO for my 300BLK pistol. I just sold an eotech EXPS because of my astigmatism and I wanted to be able to clearly see at 100yd. I just don't know what is good in my price range, I've had a strike eagle 1-6 on my ar15, but sold it because I couldn't see clearly enough through it.

Most of my hunting will likely be under 75 yards, but I'd like the ability to easily go to 150 yards if needed.

In my research so far I like the Steiner p4xi, but really would like to go to 1-6x or 1-8x.
  • What is the platform for the scope?
Semi auto AR pistol
  • What cartridge are you shooting?
300 BLK
  • What is your intended use for the scope?
Hunting primary, target secondary.
  • What type of conditions will you typically shoot in?
Lowlight, daytime
  • What are the typical distances you intend to shoot?
Under 150 yards, Max of 200 yards when target shooting.
  • Are there any specific specifications you would like?
FFP would be nice, but not required, capped turrets for hunting, or low turrets, illuminated reticle, good 1x performance.
  • What is the price range you can afford?
Would like to spend about $600 but might stretch to $800.

For lpvo the Steiner p4xi or vortex viper pst gen 2 1-6. Tried this before and honestly if you stepped up to a 2-8/10 power with 32-42mm objective it would serve you better in low light.

Might be able to find a used Gen2 Razor 1x6.The glass is very clear on this scope and the reticle is daylight bright.

I would think if the non E version is alright with you it could be found for under $900.00.Put a post in the optics for sale section looking for used gen2 razor,

My Gen 2 PST has really nice glass, a wide FOV and the illumination is daylight bright.
That or a used Razor Gen 2 would be the way to go if you can find one in your budget.

My Gen 2 PST has really nice glass, a wide FOV and the illumination is daylight bright.
That or a used Razor Gen 2 would be the way to go if you can find one in your budget.
I think this is the way I'm going to go after all of the suggestions, I'll try to find a razor around $8-900 used

Can never go wrong with a Razor. I was surprised at how much I liked the Bushnell Elite Tactical-i actually bought another.

if you can find a used Vortex HD LH 1.5-8x32

This. Not "tactical" but a much better hunting scope than some of the others mentioned if low light cpability is important. More of a set and forget scope but at the distances you desribe turning turrets isnt neccessary. Also should come in well under your budget.