• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Maduro Cigar

B_Town75

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2006
Wichita Falls, Texas
Fellow Hiders,

Please share your favorite Maduro Cigar, best place to get it, drink combination, size, and smoking time.

Mine is a NUB Maduru 4 X 60 from Thompson Cigars for about $4.50 each, enjoyed in my hottub, whith a crown and coke for about 30 minutes. Cigar finishes with a super tasty choclate note.

Brandon

Re: Best Maduro Cigar

OK Switch....you have more on your list than these three.

Switch, when are you going to open shop? Oh ya, Drew Estates Dirt Torpedo, Jim and Coke, and it lasts about 3 drinks.

OK, I'll do some more RJW
grin.gif

Gurkha G3
LFD DL Chisel Maduro
601 Oscuro
601 Maduro
Camacho SLR Maduro(nice and rich, goes great with a smoky Scotch)
Essencia Maduro
Alec Bradley Tempus
Man O War
Ashton Aged Maduro
Gurkha Black Dragon
Kristoff Ligero Maduro(oh man this one is SUPERB!)
Padron 1926 40th Anni Maduro
Padron 1926 45th Anni Maduro
LFD Gran Maduro #7(watch this little powerhouse)
LFD Maduro El Jocko
Gurkha Ghengis Khan
Gurkha Warlord
Gurkha Doble Maduro
Gurkha Black Puro
Sinclair Bohemian Maduro(less expensive, but nice flavor)
Sancho Panza Double Maduro

uh, I think there may be more. Did I miss any RJ? Hunger for some smoky pork is kickin my ass. Beans are almost ready for their secret sacue and the oven, meat only has a little more time and it's CHOW TIME!

T6, working on an appointment with the local SBC at Austin Pea. I spoke at length with the SCORE gent from Nashville on all the ins and outs of TN business. Once I get sorted out with the local guy here I will move forward with Distorted Luxo, LLC as it is the best way to go so all liability that the business generates goes to the business. Also we will check on what is avaialable for a Pacific Islander/Hawaiin Wahine ownership and myself as CEO of Advertising, Marketing, Product Research, and Sales

You did the Kristoff which is one of my favorites. I think you are g2g with the list.

What about the Fuego 777

Damn, how could I forget those two.

I like these maduros:
Padron 5000
Rocky Patel Edge
and I will be able report on the Padron Aniverery 1964(non-Maduro) I'm about to light while having a few New Castles later.

I'm still cutting and pasting all these cigar "must try" lists. Of the one above, the Gurka 1887 Rothchilds and the Camacho Triples are my favs. Still haven't found any Kristoffs or Man o Wars around me. Alas...

Speaking of which, I'm going to burn down a Gurkha 87 Rothchild with some Glenlivet after dinner. Still, I wish I was eating some of that Switchblade BBQ tonight. Cheers, my friend!

No doubt, I wish I had some of that BBQ too! I got a double maduro Victor Sinclair Legacy from a friend that I'm gonna try tonight, will let you all know how it turns out.

Switch, you need to get up and going soon! I should would rather spend my money with you rather than the on-line folks I have been.

I swear, there was some wacky tobaccy in that sucker... The first couple of inches were a little bit bitter, but it finished out pretty good. Had touches of leather and all spice.

Good evening gents. Thanks to switch, I'm gonna dream of bbq pork and some some bad ass smokes...

Kristoffs are great.

I'm an Oliva fan myself as well (the whole line).

The CAO MX2 is overrated; don't waste your $$.

hmm....what's my screen name ?????

One thing I have been attracted too lately has been a principe size cigar and using a punch. The hotter temps along with the surface area really has been adding to the intensity of the taste. I love spice.

Really though depending on what taste you are going for and what your plan is to pair with a drink and food dictates to me what you want to smoke.

But if you like the maduro leaf taste, you cold try a lingero filler and wrapper to really give you that umph in spice.

The new San Cristolbals are actually quite tasty (blue end band).

la aurora preferidos #1 . best i have ever enjoyed. goes great with a good x.o. congac,or tequila(padron,don julio,cabo wabo). so good i splurged and bought a box.

Oh man that ruby tubo is darn good. Forgot about that one! If you like the tequila, you must try the Sauza Tres Generacions. It is GOOOOOOOOD!

Ligero leaf has a lot of the same notes as a good maduro to include a bit of the sweetness. It is also the 'power' leaf that makes that cigar what it is. You know the feeling, head gets warm, stomach feels like it has a pit in it, you think maybe you had something bad to eat, then you get a little flash of warmth, and wonder what's hitting you. HELLO! Miss Ligero just whooped your butt. Seen it way too many times on young Soldiers who thought they could smoke a cigar like a cigarette.
Maduro and Ligero exhibit notes of espresso, coffee, cocoa, toast, and pepper.

Some will intentionally(or un...) confuse 'pepper', and 'spice'. Spice denotes hints of allspice, nutmeg, even cinnamon on the palate. Pepper is quite obvious and for that a Don Lino Afrika will give you all the pepper note you crave, like a good seasoned steak(which it goes with very well)

Wow!

Thanks all. What a treasure trove!

Copied, pasted, saved and printed!

Hell, I live in the Cigar City and was ignorant of many of these lines.

Gracias

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: birddog762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">la aurora preferidos #1 . best i have ever enjoyed. goes great with a good x.o. congac,or tequila(padron,don julio,cabo wabo). so good i splurged and bought a box. </div></div>

+1 although I like mine with a glass of 18 year macallan

Rocky Patel Old World Reserve Toro Maduro and Booker's Boubon.

It's Shank-a-licious!

Fuente Hemingway Maduro, any size.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The new guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuente Hemingway Maduro, any size. </div></div>

That's a great cigar.

In Order
-Texas Star Maduro Box Press (Bucanero)
-Padron 26 or 64 Maduro Box Press
-el Capitan Maduro Box Press (Bucanero)
-Oliva G or O series Maduro Box Press

As for the drinkin part an Ice Cold Shiner Bock is my first choice, but being in Commiefornia I do not always have access to Shiner. If that is the case I revert to New Castle or PBR that is write Pabst is damn good beer bitchies. As for the harder stuff I will kill a bottle of Sailors maybe mix with a bit a diet coke.