• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Media for Wet Tumbling

fmetz

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2013
I remember hearing about different types of stainless steel media that jewelers use that clean the bass better than the pins and do not get stuck in the necks or cases? Now that I have an amp annealer I’m very nervous about pins getting stuck in the neck and would like to try something different. Can anyone provide the type of shape that works best? Is it a ball or a triangle or what? Ty.

fmetz

Where can I purchase this? What does the steel look like? What shape?

Where can I purchase this? What does the steel look like? What shape?
Southern Shine Media on Facebook is where I bought mine. They have pictures on there. It can be flakes up to about 1/16" of an inch shaving.

I am not a Facebook user. Does anyone have an email or phone number. Ty.

fmetz

Southern Shine works great indeed, but it's PITA to clean off the cases depending on your preferred method I much prefer frankfort arsenal pins even though there's a tad bit more carbon/dirt left in the primer pockets.

I've been using and recommending Southern Shine for almost ten years now and I won't use anything else. I doubt there's a difference in the level of cleaning achieved by the Southern Shine chips versus regular pins, but in all the time I've used it, I've never had a single chip ever get stuck in a flash hole.

Here's what the Southern Shine media looks like
IMG_6088.jpg

Reactions: 260284
I've tossed the whole "media" nightmare. I wet-tumble with a good brass cleaner (Frankford's is great) after decapping, and then again after sizing. Easy-Peazy ... and no media mess. The brass isn't quite as "shiny-polished" ... but I honestly don't care about that. It's clean and ready to shoot, and that's all I care about. Anybody wanna buy 10 lbs of tiny metal spikey shit that gets into everything and is impossible to keep out of my drain? I have lots available ...

Im with Rustyinbend. Just wet tumble with cases, hot water, dawn and lemishine. Gets the outside real clean and good enough on the indside.
It saves a lot of hassle with seperating the pins.