• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Best place to send a FN bolt for a new knob.....?

DBrace

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2008
Union, Iowa
Hey guys, I was wondering where the best place to send a FN(Win) bolt to get a new knob put on. I know that not everyone does them b/c they are harder to cut than a 700's bolt. Thanks for your help. -Dan

Re: Best place to send a FN bolt for a new knob.....?

R & D

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">R & D</div></div> +1 Contact Randy "HateCA" Cain @ R&D Precision www.rdprecision.net

10-4 guys. Thanks for your help. I will give Randy a call. I also pm'ed the guy from the link you gave me 665.Ocoupe, thanks for that! Looks like either way you guys have helped me that I will be able to get my bolt shipped off and get a new knob on. Thanks again! -Dan

how hard is it to get a entirely new handle with a enlarged knob?
savage easy or remington hard

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how hard is it to get a entirely new handle with a enlarged knob?
savage easy or remington hard </div></div>

Here is one option:

http://www.accu-tig.com/

i just got my bolt back from us handgunner, and it looks awsome. he did everything he said he would AND in the fantastic time frame he told me he would do it in. +1 for us handgunner