• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best price on a vortex razor HD vs a NXS 5.5 -22

happyfast79

Private
Minuteman
  • Mar 27, 2013
    WYOMING
    Looking for a good deal ( better than $1999) on a Vortex razor hd 5-20 x56 . Who do i need to talk to? i found Nightforce nxs 5.5-22 scopes on sale for $1599 but really want to ffp option. any ideas or recomendations?

BTW this is going on a 50 bmg bolt gun

Thanks in advance

Talk to Scott at liberty optics. He is here on the hide or just give him a call. Web site is libertyoptics.com

Honestly, the BEST way to get the best price is to go to your big box store that sells Vortex and find someone behind the optics counter who is on their sales program. He'll get you one for just above cost off the books. He gets points toward his "free scope" or whatever, and everyone is happy except the big box store, who was never the wiser. It happens, trust me.

OR, exercise dignity and integrity and pay the lowest retail price you can find. But it won't be $1,599 on that scope.

I paid whole-hog for mine and would never look back.

Or Chris at Sportoptics.com. Got my Razor from him. Basically got the scope, rings and overnight shipping from the warehouse in Wisconsin for what you see as the retail price. I have owned a NF 5.5-22x56 and I think at the time, mid 09, I paid $1650 or so plus $140 for rings and 8% sales tax. I am much happier with the Razor and I've only put 12 rounds under it. Reticle, illume adjustment( even though I really don't need it) and general beefiness of it makes me not regret paying more for a Razor one bit. It's a big scope though. Makes my SR 25 EM look like a 5.56 gun.

If your not in a hurry, they show up for sale used every now and then. I just bought one off Gunbroker the other day with rings, and saved a few hundred bucks.