• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best PRS tripod user opinion wanted

alongshot50

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2009
salem in
I am going to order one. I will be using it for allaround types of shooting Ill be using an a4 stocked
LA 700 in. .338lm. Would like pros and cons of off the bench top and prone. The large or medium is what i am thinking....thanks......had to reedit. Hit send before i was done and my phone has a auto spelling function ....lol

Re: gbest goinited PRS tripod

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alongshot50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to order one. I will be using it for allarounf.ill be using an a4 stockex LA 700 in. .338lm. Would like pro.eand bench top both....pros and cons? </div></div>

Was that English??? Let me guess...damned smart-phone keyboard?!?!
wink.gif

If I am not getting lost in translation...you want to know which PRS tripod will work best for both prone and benchtop use.

If those are the ONLY situations you'll be using the tripod in, then the small tripod is all you'll need. If you think you might want a little more flexibility, then the medium can be "grounded" to get it as low as the small tripod (both for prone and bench top use if you have the surface area for the longer legs to spread out), and you get the ability to run the medium tripod for sitting/kneeling as well.

For the A4 stock...I think you will want the SSP-2 cradle (the wider of the two options Danel offers).

Re: gbest goinited PRS tripod

Thanks....lol...fricken smart phone for dummies.....glad i am not the only one this happens too