• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Movie Theater Best Sci Fi Movie or Series

Re: Best Sci Fi Movie or Series

Reading these posts brought back memories of better times.

I remember watching RODAN and The Mole People on a fuzzy 12" B/W TV late at night when I should have been in bed... both scared the crap out of me!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CopperMach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe there are no Star Wars fans... </div></div>

I am a HUGE Star Wars fan. But Lucas has screwed it up so bad. I am not a fan of the newer 3 movies. I do watch the Clone Wars on tv. But, the original trilogy is where it's at. And, I don't like all the re-tooling he has done...

what was the name of the SyFY series that was about soldiers fighting aliens on different planets. It lasted one season.. It was like Combat but they were fighting alien soldiers vs germans.

I remember the aliens had a mine that was a laser and if you stepped off of it with slice you in 10 different pieces.

Look up "Space above and Beyond" on Wikipedia, the plot line could be what your looking for. It only ran for one season.

New BSG, Caprica, Bab5, Crusader (Bab5 Spinoff), Buck Rodgers (Campy, but Yeah, Girl...), Enterprise, Firefly/Serenity.

When Worlds Collide, Forbidden Planet, ...Earth Stood Still (original), Them! (1954), Alien (eeew!) and all the sequels, Predator and all the sequels.

Defying Gravity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdsii64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about the new series Tera Nova </div></div>

Has that come on yet? I tried to find it on the DVR tv guide...

Premiers this coming Monday night.

The basic premise holds water, IMHO. Whether the writing, production; and portrayal are up to a respectable standard is the question, but it looks good so far.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Premiers this coming Monday night.

The basic premise holds water, IMHO. Whether the writing, production; and portrayal are up to a respectable standard is the question, but it looks good so far.

Greg </div></div>

Cool.. Thanks for the info. Is it on Fox?

There is a Flyers hockey game on next mon, but I guess I'll DVR Terra Nova

FireFly has been mentioned (great series) but not Serenity.

FireFly was the series that lead to the movie Serenity.

Very good stuff.

K-pax, Defying Gravity, Roswell (13 year old liked it), Taken, all of the Star Trek and Stargate spin offs, BSG and caprica, babylon 5...

Not everyone’s cup of tea but I really liked “The Forth Kind” more alien abduction than syfy... But then I also listen to coast to coast (late night AM radio for you younger guys)for humor
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr Pink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Battlestar Galactica (new version).... greatest sci-fi series of all time PERIOD! =) </div></div>

Ya I agree, it smokes almost all!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bolloxinaspanner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Invaders
Alias
Space:Above and Beyond
Terminator
Aliens
X-Files
Dark Skies (Anyone remember that one?)
Invaders from Mars (First one) scared the crap out of me as a wee puke.
B.G. (Second one)

New Stuff:
Alphas
District 9
The Event
</div></div>
Have to add...

Signs
Andromeda Strain
Predator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garrett4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what was the name of the SyFY series that was about soldiers fighting aliens on different planets. It lasted one season.. It was like Combat but they were fighting alien soldiers vs germans.

I remember the aliens had a mine that was a laser and if you stepped off of it with slice you in 10 different pieces. </div></div>
Space- Above and Beyond was a great series. It was very gritty and written by the same guys that did X-Files. T.C. (Tyrus Cassius) McQueen was the hard core (in vitroe) Marine Lt. Col. that led the 'Wildcards' against the 'Chigs' in their SA-43 Endo/Exo-Atmospheric Attack Jet ("Hammerhead") fighters. Good production values and some nifty acting by a young cast with some veteran actors tossed in as hierarchical figures and villains. Sucks that it only had one season though it was a really good one.

Definitely Firefly and Serenity, Star Wars, etc. One I haven't seen mentioned is The Abyss. Not too sci-fi, but the underwater stuff was like space and the alien idea was pretty cool. I read a novelization of the movie that really expanded on the story.
I never saw the first season of Walking Dead, but I'll be watching the new season and renting the old.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Cal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 to masters of the universe everybody who was a kid in the 80's has to love he-man </div></div>

Ok, I've seen that one and watched it a few times growing up... And, I like Dolph Lundgren... But that movie wasn't that great....

I just recently got into BSG, and thanks to Netflix took about 5 weeks to work through all 5 seasons. IMO, it is very near if not at the top of the genre and one step behind shows like 'The Wire' in terms of cinema on television.

Grew up watching TNG and still love reruns on Spike, BBC, etc.

Never jumped onto the Firefly bandwagon...

Big fan of Firefly, but then again I drink the Joss Whedon coolaid.

Anyone remember Earthstar Voyager? It was a 2 part(?) Disney sunday night movie that never made it to DVD.

Other sci-fy from back in that genre from my childhood were the Cat from outer space, The Dark Crystal, Explorers, The Last Starfighter, Enemy Mine...

These days to enjoy sci-fy that really feeds my imagination I have to read...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: barnes12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"There can be only one"
Highlander, the first one
</div></div>

Yes, the 2nd one was horrible, as was Highlander The Source....

maggot <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xs7i-v1t-6w"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xs7i-v1t-6w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> [/quote said:
Another vote for Starship Troopers as best movie ever.

That one gives me that nostalgic feeling and makes me wonder about things...

I just never could get into starship troopers. I tried...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nortac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope you all realize that SciFi changing the name to SyFy was more related to NBC buying the station, hence the name change and the shitty programing. I mean WTF with wrestling>!>!></div></div>

Werstling is not real. I keep telling my friend that.

Captain america I like this take on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y366x_cANQo