• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Best TI muzzle brake

dirtytough

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2013
ND
I would like opinions on the best titanium muzzle brake for a 6mm. If weight wasn't in the picture I would probably buy a TMB and try it out.

A few I have looked at.
5 port MBM
Muscle Brake from Piercision
SRS TI Pro 5

Any other Ti brakes I'm missing?

It's going to spark and wear faster if that's a concern.

You’re saving like 5 grams it’s hardly worth it to go ti on muzzle brake when the area419 and apa designs seem to be better

You’re saving like 5 grams it’s hardly worth it to go ti on muzzle brake when the area419 and apa designs seem to be better
I didn’t ask if it was worth it.

And they are better or “seem to be”? Such a stupid post. Here’s how it reads. “I am going to recommend you get what won’t work for your application, but I don’t actually know if it’s better.”

I didn’t ask if it was worth it.

And they are better or “seem to be”? Such a stupid post. Here’s how it reads. “I am going to recommend you get what won’t work for your application, but I don’t actually know if it’s better.”
yikes. I recommended two of the most popular options out that have had testing done. there's also no reason a non-TI brake wouldn't work but you're just being a dick so I'm done trying to help you (I hope you save that 5 grams of weight tho)

there's also no reason a non-TI brake wouldn't work but you're just being a dick so I'm done trying to help you (I hope you save that 5 grams of weight tho)
Again here we go. You have zero clue if a non-Ti brake will work. There are weight limits for stuff. If I use a Ti brake @3 ounces/85 grams instead of a steel brake that is 6 ounces. I can use a better scope that is 3 ounces heavier.

But according to you, you are helping me by telling me a steel brake is fine and I’m only saving 5 grams. Thanks but no thanks for that kinda “help”.

Again here we go. You have zero clue if a non-Ti brake will work. There are weight limits for stuff. If I use a Ti brake @3 ounces/85 grams instead of a steel brake that is 6 ounces. I can use a better scope that is 3 ounces heavier.

But according to you, you are helping me by telling me a steel brake is fine and I’m only saving 5 grams. Thanks but no thanks for that kinda “help”.

Doubled down on being an asshat. Nice.

Aluminum Gen 2 heathen brake by insite arms would get my vote if you’re chasing weight.

Gonna get yelled at by op for not respecting the arbitrary constraints he has. If my suggestion of an apa at 3.9oz vs his the srs ti brake at 2.5 was enough for him to freak out you better run.

If you're that pissy about weight, skip the brake all together...thats your lightest option...

And what is this "weight limit" that is apparently going to get you killed if you exceed it?
Heck I could just skip the rifle and use a pistol. That would save even more weight.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Also, I can't think of an optic that is 3oz better than another, 8oz - 16oz yes.

Before you reply with some confrontational BS, I could care less, we are trying to help.

What are you trying to accomplish?

I would like opinions on the best titanium muzzle brake for a 6mm. If weight wasn't in the picture I would probably buy a TMB and try it out.
That is what I was trying to figure out. The best brake machined out of Ti for a 6mm. I even gave a hint that the reason I’m looking for a Ti brake is because of the weight.

Maybe I worded my original post wrong? Is it not written properly?
If I’m too dumb to ask the question that I need answered it’s not on the posters responding, to read my mind. If a poster can’t answer a question no biggie. They can click the back button and go browse another thread. No reason to waste my time or theirs.

Then a tard says you are only saving 5 grams you are fine to use blank, when he/she has zero clue about the application shows how stupid she/he is.

I was an Ahole on purpose. Hoping she/he would go away and waste someone else’s time with stuff not relevant to the actual original post she/he responds to.

I already ordered some. When it was apparent there wasn’t going to be much info on which Ti brakes are the best I decided to test it myself. A poster above mentioned an aluminum brake which I might test also.

9 responses in this thread from posters besides myself. Only one response kinda addressed the original post.

Is there a condescending asshole award? Because we have a new winner!! All that over a half a bag of skittles worth of weight!

That is what I was trying to figure out. The best brake machined out of Ti for a 6mm. I even gave a hint that the reason I’m looking for a Ti brake is because of the weight.

Maybe I worded my original post wrong? Is it not written properly?
If I’m too dumb to ask the question that I need answered it’s not on the posters responding, to read my mind. If a poster can’t answer a question no biggie. They can click the back button and go browse another thread. No reason to waste my time or theirs.

Then a tard says you are only saving 5 grams you are fine to use blank, when he/she has zero clue about the application shows how stupid she/he is.

I was an Ahole on purpose. Hoping she/he would go away and waste someone else’s time with stuff not relevant to the actual original post she/he responds to.

I already ordered some. When it was apparent there wasn’t going to be much info on which Ti brakes are the best I decided to test it myself. A poster above mentioned an aluminum brake which I might test also.

9 responses in this thread from posters besides myself. Only one response kinda addressed the original post.

The aluminum is heavier than my suggestion which caused you to go into a cardiac episode.

Is there a condescending asshole award? Because we have a new winner!! All that over a half a bag of skittles worth of weight!
Someone’s living in your head rent free. It’s not a big deal that you aren’t any help. You obviously missed reading comp in school. Probably too busy eating crayons I would guess.

You should watch this. You might learn something.

There’s imperial data showing the two suggestions I made as being the most efficient devices out. I’m starting to think you haven’t done enough Kegels and your weight concern is keeping this in as a buttplug.

• Haha
Reactions: camocorvette
I had the Piercision muscle titanium 5 port on my 9# 300 Norma and it made it feel like a creedmoor. Without the brake that rifle would rock my world everytime i fired it.

Reactions: dirtytough
There’s imperial data showing the two suggestions I made as being the most efficient devices out. I’m starting to think you haven’t done enough Kegels and your weight concern is keeping this in as a buttplug.

I own a couple APA brakes. I also saw it not do as well on the vid by MBM as a couple brakes. I saw a vid with the APA brake along with the TMB. And the TMB did better also. I was at a match with a top shooter. First time I saw the TMB. He tested a lot of brakes and said it was the absolute best he had used. Obviously that was real life and not “imperial” data. So it’s probably wrong.

I better run out and buy something you suggested that won’t work for the application because you say there is “imperial” data on it that you have seen. What does “imperial” data even mean??

I think you meant empirical? You are hard to follow. You obviously haven’t tested any of this on your own and are trying to be relevant on the internet. Keep reading/watching and passing on that “imperial” data.

• Haha
Reactions: Maurygold
I have an aluminum side port brake I will give you if I can find it. PM if you want it.

Thread it 1/2-28 and use a Terminator T1, less than 2oz

IMG_2537.jpeg

Crown Ridge has an aluminum brake, appears self timing.