• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Best upper+barrel combo for turning an M4 into a..

300snipe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2009
Northern Nevada, NV
So I have this Bushmaster M4 with a 16.5" barrel and A1 receiver. I want to get a new barrel and flat-top A3 style upper with a flat/picatinny gasblock that I can use for long range varmint / paper hunting. I'll be using it for hunting and at the range with my buds. 1MOA @ 100yd is fine, no more than that is necessary for this project. I have my sub 1/2MOA target rifles for that other stuff.
smile.gif

Ideally a fluted bull barrel would be nice but I'm not sure what length is best for these needs - 20,22,24?. Also, do I want a forged receiver or a machined one?

Tons of options in the AR stuff I know, but the expert advice would be great to hear.

Re: Best upper+barrel combo for turning an M4 into a..

Go to the Rock River Arms site and check out their predator uppers.

You might want to do something with that trigger, if you haven't yet.

just buy a different upper assembly and sell yours, it's cheaper and easier than taking it apart. Keep your bcg to cut down on expense unless the upper you want comes with one.

RRA makes some nice varminter uppers.

What do you think of the "Stag Arms Model 6H" full upper+barrel?

edit: I'll keep my existing upper, I'll probably end up with two full ARs down the line as a result of this project.
laugh.gif