• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beyond keto

How are you guys dealing with the inflammation from all of that dairy?

I have done keto diet and lost a ton but i tell you hitting the gym everyday without carbs was miserable. It has mental side effects too. Towards the end when i reached my goal, i told myself "never again". Now I am on a good balanced diet, and life feels better. Looking back, it still has a foot print of my keto days, but a lot more tasty.
Same - I did the low carb thing, it was fine, but honestly just cutting out sugar and im still lean, stronger, and have much more energy. I think too many people who are overweight have success w/ "keto" when in actuality just cutting out a few bad things and being cognizant of what they put in their bodies is the true reason for the success. Good carbs really arent the enemy.

Reactions: E. Bryant
Uh, no. That’s not even close to true. If you want to know what keto is truly about, read about it directly from some of the trusted names that practice it. What you absolutely should not do is trust someone’s opinion about keto that has an axe to grind
You obviously have a vested interest in this so I won't waste my time.

I have been in the fitness industry for a long time and have seen the nightmares associated with long term keto and intermittent fasting...good luck

Bench

Reactions: The D

I have been in the fitness industry for a long time and have seen the nightmares associated with long term keto and intermittent fasting...good luck

Bench
Bench I expect they were doing something wrong as I have been in the nutrition business for a long time and hsve not seen that.

Just had a dude we work with lose 40 pounds on the carnivore diet. He started the first day of quarantine around March 17th and ate ~3 pounds of meat a day through July 17 which was about 4 months. Dude stuck to it - no cheats, no alcohol...basically no fun. And while he lost 40 pounds he lost about 12 pounds of muscle because he didnt do any strength training - just long walks, hikes and calories on the Assault.

I would recommend you do some form of resistance training so help mitigate muscle loss and not look like a skinny/fat dude.

Bench I expect they were doing something wrong as I have been in the nutrition business for a long time and have not seen that.

I am calling bullshit. I have met people that have been in ketosis for 40+ years and are in excellent health.

You can't make blanket or absolute statements without some research to support.

And if you say check out Layne Norton - that doesnt count.

Bench
Well yes, I’m biased but that doesn’t mean anything. If you have an argument against this I’m all ears. Just know, I will have refutations of your arguments and I’m not afraid to voice my opinion( see my nuclear thread about statelessness in the pit). But, lively debate is welcome. I try to refrain from name calling but a few may slip through. Pay it no mind though, I’m a mechanic and we are a prickly bunch

I am calling bullshit. I have met people that have been in ketosis for 40+ years and are in excellent health.

You can't make blanket or absolute statements without some research to support.

And if you say check out Layne Norton - that doesnt count.

I think you quoted the wrong post, but I get your point. Especially about Layne Norton....

btw, your signature is awesome

Reactions: JRaven
I think you quoted the wrong post, but I get your point. Especially about Layne Norton....

btw, your signature is awesome

Ah my mistake.

At the end of ketogenic or carnivore are elimination diets. If the foods you are eating are causing issues, then remove them. If you cant control yourself then something like a carnivore diet works.

But there is nothing magic about it.

Here’s a good video showing a good way to carnivore. This is the doctor who has the Fundamental Health podcast I’ve posted before, and he has also come out with his own line of organ supplement capsules recently. They don’t have their full line available yet though. I have the bone marrow/liver pills and am waiting for the firestarter to become available

I’m doing a medium low carb diet for the next 10+ months. Keeping 50 grams or less a minimum of 5 days/week. Set a goal back on my 55th birthday to lose 55 pounds by my 56th... I’m a month and a half in and have lost 12 lbs so doing well.

my biggest weakness is IPA’s. I fucking love Stone beer....

Drink rye whiskey.

Sip and enjoy.

It has a naturally sweet flavor that soothes the sweet tooth.

So with keto I understand you can have meat, dairy and green vegetables. What about fruit, nuts, protein shakes?

I’m 36 and that skinny dude with a gut. 6’1 and 230ish. I’ve been eating whatever was put in front of me and drinking way too much beer long enough. I’ve recently cut out the beer and I’m trying to eat healthier but not completely sure what is off limits and what is ok. For example this is what I had today
The meals were fresh and prepackaged from the grocery store. All I did was throw it in the oven to cook

Breakfast - black coffee and then a protein shake post workout
Lunch - chipotle chicken breast with broccoli and a little fruit
Snack - handful of almonds and peanuts
Dinner - garlic pesto salmon and asparagus.
Drank water all day and had a sip of Tito’s before dinner.

Reduce your carbs to your desired percentage of daily caloric intake and spend them on complex, not simple. Part of the goal is to keep the insulin spiking minimized.

No more simple carbs. Some may disagree but after doing the multi day finger stick to get the data I can tell you it’s a real deal.

Reduce your carbs to your desired percentage of daily caloric intake and spend them on complex, not simple. Part of the goal is to keep the insulin spiking minimized.

No more simple carbs. Some may disagree but after doing the multi day finger stick to get the data I can tell you it’s a real deal.
I’m not sure where my caloric intake should be per day but I’m quite positive it’s much less than it was. Like I said I have been eating anything and everything my entire life and haven’t stepped foot in a gym since high school. I should probably get with a nutritionist to set up a plan but I’ll see how this goes on my own first.

I’m not sure where my caloric intake should be per day but I’m quite positive it’s much less than it was. Like I said I have been eating anything and everything my entire life and haven’t stepped foot in a gym since high school. I should probably get with a nutritionist to set up a plan but I’ll see how this goes on my own first.

I am obviously biased towards an animal based diet so keep that in mind. Figure out your goal weight in kg’s and eat approximately 1 gram of animal protein/organ meats and eat animal fat to your energy requirements. There are plenty of ways to configure this and plenty of basic guidelines online

Low carb fruits(berries, mostly), full fat dairy, honey(it’s technically an animal product) should be used sparingly

Reactions: JLP83
Found my solution to the IPA’s!!!

83CB7513-A6B2-40B4-8940-A750F073FB6A.jpeg
9F9AC582-33BA-4F3C-AFB6-265152C1352D.jpeg

Awesome that you found an acceptable substitute

I don’t drink frequently enough to worry about finding substitutes. If I’m going to give in to a beer craving I’m just going to drink the good shit

I still need to be vigilant with sweets though, that’s my kryptonite. I’ve been eating some spoonfuls of different raw honey and that’s working really well to curb my cravings

You bastard. I did NOT need to see that Dogfish had a low carb IPA.

I remember when I discovered Dogfish. I was in love for a looong time. Dogfish, Lefthand Brewery, among others. Good times I wish I could turn the clock back on.

Reactions: XTREM HTR16
So with keto I understand you can have meat, dairy and green vegetables. What about fruit, nuts, protein shakes?

I’m 36 and that skinny dude with a gut. 6’1 and 230ish. I’ve been eating whatever was put in front of me and drinking way too much beer long enough. I’ve recently cut out the beer and I’m trying to eat healthier but not completely sure what is off limits and what is ok. For example this is what I had today
The meals were fresh and prepackaged from the grocery store. All I did was throw it in the oven to cook

Breakfast - black coffee and then a protein shake post workout
Lunch - chipotle chicken breast with broccoli and a little fruit
Snack - handful of almonds and peanuts
Dinner - garlic pesto salmon and asparagus.
Drank water all day and had a sip of Tito’s before dinner.

One of my favorite moments of the day is snack at about 1000.

It consists of a cup of blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and razberries mixed with So Delicious brand coconut vanilla flavored yogurt. Its a no sugar added snack. It has carbs but they are more along the lines of the fiber type variety.

My wife and I will dessert on whipping up a pint of heavy cream into whipped cream over fresh strawberries, blueberry and etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLP83 and The D
You bastard. I did NOT need to see that Dogfish had a low carb IPA.

I remember when I discovered Dogfish. I was in love for a looong time. Dogfish, Lefthand Brewery, among others. Good times I wish I could turn the clock back on.

Lagunitas has Daytimer which is low cal/carb. The other one I like is Oskar Blues One-y IPA:

CD7E14A8-CB5C-4582-A807-C9538E857EA2.png

Wife and I have been KETO for 8 years and will never go back. I don't want to be a diabetic again.
I was skinny when I started but put on 15lbs muscle pretty easily in a year.
Now am carnivore 80% of the time and feel even better.
Its just a matter of saying no to foods with carbs and yes to meat.
How bad was you Diabetes ? If you don't mind me asking

Last edited:
Back in March, my wife and I both decided to try the Carnivore diet for a 6 week trial because I hate vegies and love meats. We went full bore on it and stayed on with no problems for the six weeks. Not a single digestive issue between us.
By the third day, I felt 10 years younger. By the third week, I felt 20 years younger and my skin was even purty! I droped 18lbs and my muscles were much fuller. My endurance was at least three times better and my aches and pains all but disappeared.
We decided it was awesome and we wanted to continue. We couldn’t believe the difference in the way we looked and felt. Especially how we felt.
Then...... the grand coronavirus really started screwing everything up and we could barely get our hands on junkfood, much less good meat.
However, I just bought a new grill and now live about 35 minutes from a grass fed beef ranch with really good prices.
We are about to buy a deepfreezer and stock up.
I can’t wait to experience the differnces longterm carnivore may bring.

Back in March, my wife and I both decided to try the Carnivore diet for a 6 week trial because I hate vegies and love meats. We went full bore on it and stayed on with no problems for the six weeks. Not a single digestive issue between us.
By the third day, I felt 10 years younger. By the third week, I felt 20 years younger and my skin was even purty! I droped 18lbs and my muscles were much fuller. My endurance was at least three times better and my aches and pains all but disappeared.
We decided it was awesome and we wanted to continue. We couldn’t believe the difference in the way we looked and felt. Especially how we felt.
Then...... the grand coronavirus really started screwing everything up and we could barely get our hands on junkfood, much less good meat.
However, I just bought a new grill and now live about 35 minutes from a grass fed beef ranch with really good prices.
We are about to buy a deepfreezer and stock up.
I can’t wait to experience the differnces longterm carnivore may bring.

Awesome. That’s all...
That's all I needed to hear, Thank You
My wife is a nurse practitioner and in the year and a half-ish that she’s been really pushing keto hard she’s had about 15 people really commit to it too. All of them were able to significantly reduce their medications in a few months and a lot of them are completely off their meds. She’s seen people with A1C’s well into the double digits that have halved them in a few months also. Look above for my story about the guy with the triglycerides that we’re 9000, that’s bat shit crazy

Reactions: ButterBean556
I’m curious where anyone first heard about the carnivore diet?

I first heard about it on Joe Rogan’s podcast. He had Jordan Peterson on and he was talking about how it helped he and his daughter overcome a ton of autoimmune problems. And from there I searched the interwebs and read everything I could find

Can't stop the leg cramps, zinc and iron supplements and average 8L of water a day.

Himalayan or sea salt in your water. 8l also sounds like a lot of water, you could be washing all the supplements out

Lack of sodium, potassium, magnesium, or B vitamins will kick your ass, fast. A lot of endurance athletes swear by Nuun tablets, but there are countless other ways to get these electrolytes and vitamins.

8L of water per day is a lot. I do a fair amount of bicycling and the only time I might drink that much in a day is if I'm out for 6-8 hours on a hot summer day. I'm not saying this is at fault, but I'm also a bit unclear on what purpose it is serving.

I thought I read "as many ounces of water, as half your weight".

For me that's three 32 ounce Nalgenes a day and unless I consciously think to do it I seldom do.

I was a camel prior to Keto but have improved since but still could do better.

The three Nalgenes usually leaves my piss nice and clear rather than the yellow I usually pass.

I think with this diet clearing your kidneys and dissolving fat requires more water but 8 L sound so like a lot.

Here’s a good video showing a good way to carnivore. This is the doctor who has the Fundamental Health podcast I’ve posted before, and he has also come out with his own line of organ supplement capsules recently. They don’t have their full line available yet though. I have the bone marrow/liver pills and am waiting for the firestarter to become available

Did you watch the whole video?

This guy eats raw liver, kidneys, testicles, all organs. He's way out in left field.

Reactions: JLP83
Did you watch the whole video?

This guy eats raw liver, kidneys, testicles, all organs. He's way out in left field.
I did. He obviously is the extreme but that doesn’t mean the premise of a nose-to-tail carnivore diet isn’t viable. Eating a mostly animal based diet, even if everything is cooked well-done, is without a doubt the most nutrient dense way to eat.

Just a psa.

I’m sure everyone, at least in this thread, has had a fried egg on a burger before. And while that is absolutely delicious, it pales in comparison to what I’m going to recommend. I recently plopped a few raw egg yolks on top of a large, rare ribeye. And I’m still not finished drooling and licking the plate

I started the Carnivore Wednesday, sugar levels are still the same but everything I have read says it will spike before it levels out I have lost 1 pound per day so far

I started the Carnivore Wednesday, sugar levels are still the same but everything I have read says it will spike before it levels out I have lost 1 pound per day so far
Fuck yeah, awesome

depending how much you have to lose, your sugar levels will stay a little elevated for a while. And your weight loss right now and for a few weeks will be mostly water. Don’t get discouraged when the weight loss slows down then, it’s totally normal

Fuck yeah, awesome

depending how much you have to lose, your sugar levels will stay a little elevated for a while. And your weight loss right now and for a few weeks will be mostly water. Don’t get discouraged when the weight loss slows down then, it’s totally normal
The weight loss is great but I'm really hoping beat the Diabetes down a bit

The weight loss is great but I'm really hoping beat the Diabetes down a bit
**Obviously, consult with your dr while you’re doing this**

You will definitely beat diabetes eating this way. I’ve mentioned this a few times in this thread already but my wife is a nurse practitioner and is having success getting severely diabetic patients off most of their medications pretty quickly and way before they start seeing a ton of weight loss

Just a psa.

I’m sure everyone, at least in this thread, has had a fried egg on a burger before. And while that is absolutely delicious, it pales in comparison to what I’m going to recommend. I recently plopped a few raw egg yolks on top of a large, rare ribeye. And I’m still not finished drooling and licking the plate

This is actually common in Japan. Can't recall the name off the top of my head, but by far one of the best meals I've had. Whisk up raw eggs and use as a dipping sauce. Quickly sear thin sliced beef on a hot skillet, dunk in egg, then eat. I believe the egg was seasoned, but I don't recall with what.

Just got back from vacation with the in-laws. My wife’s parents have talked about losing weight and getting in shape but completely ignore what my wife is doing with her patients. My fil has even talked about doing keto but apparently doesn’t have any idea what it really is. In the space of the same hour he talked about putting their overweight dog on keto then told my wife’s mom to make sure she got low fat snacks on a grocery run. I just don’t even understand...

Boom! Finally had the real deal carnivore conversation on Rogan. I’ve only watched a little bit so far. I’m waiting for it to be dropped on the Podcast app so I can listen a few times

There is labwork available that determines which foods are most appropriate for an individual’s body type/digestive makeup. Many wealthy people/celebrities/athletes use it to create an eating plan that allows weight loss and long term heath.
There is no one size fits all diet.
That said, I have great success with Keto, my body is much happier with organic protein and vegetables. (The quality of the meats are important, commercial raised animals are poison)

There is an evolutionarily and species appropriate diet for humans, and that is animal meat, organs, & fat based. This is what allowed us to evolve past other primates into what we are today. The use of tubers, fruits, honey were strictly limited by seasons and/or survival food when animals were scarce.

And fast forward to the genetic testing for specific diets; All plant material and some cafo(feed lot) animal products(high in polyunsaturated fats) exist on a spectrum of toxicity to humans. This toxicity triggers genes in humans to express differently in everyone. Some people are genetic freaks and for their entire lives can eat nothing but garbage and still be healthy. And the most unfortunate people have horrifying reactions to almost all plants and even some high pufa, high histamine animal products. These people have found their cure in a nose-to-tail carnivore diet.

Obviously I’m only one person and not privy to everyone’s stories but I’ve never heard of someone’s health failing when switching to this style of diet. I have heard of a few people having severe reactions to high pufa chicken and pork so they actually gained weight even they were strict and in ketosis. These people cut out chicken and pork, switched to ruminant muscle, organs, and fat and got better almost overnight

Reactions: 1911addict42
There is an evolutionarily and species appropriate diet for humans, and that is animal meat, organs, & fat based. This is what allowed us to evolve past other primates into what we are today. The use of tubers, fruits, honey were strictly limited by seasons and/or survival food when animals were scarce.

And fast forward to the genetic testing for specific diets; All plant material and some cafo(feed lot) animal products(high in polyunsaturated fats) exist on a spectrum of toxicity to humans. This toxicity triggers genes in humans to express differently in everyone. Some people are genetic freaks and for their entire lives can eat nothing but garbage and still be healthy. And the most unfortunate people have horrifying reactions to almost all plants and even some high pufa, high histamine animal products. These people have found their cure in a nose-to-tail carnivore diet.

Obviously I’m only one person and not privy to everyone’s stories but I’ve never heard of someone’s health failing when switching to this style of diet. I have heard of a few people having severe reactions to high pufa chicken and pork so they actually gained weight even they were strict and in ketosis. These people cut out chicken and pork, switched to ruminant muscle, organs, and fat and got better almost overnight
Have you seen Gamechangers on Netflix? Clearly was biased and somewhat whitewashed, but very interesting nonetheless.

Have you seen Gamechangers on Netflix? Clearly was biased and somewhat whitewashed, but very interesting nonetheless.
I watched a little of it but couldn’t finish it. I’m not going to say all, but most of the scientific references in that show were meaningless nonsense

Reactions: 1911addict42