• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fieldcraft Bipod loading

Re: spinning feet

I finally took the plunge ... some of the stuff is review ... and that is good ...cause you forget a lot if you are not constantly at the range or dry firing. A bunch of stuff is not new just taught differnt so its making me rethink a bunch of stuff. So I decided rather then merging what I thought I knew with what Frank is teaching ... I am just going to follow Frank until I reach or at least catch up on the lessons and see where it takes me.. its been a week and no live fire ... just position and basics. Back to school for me ...
smile.gif
wondering if I will start the shakes soon from not shooting anything ... lol

Re: Bipod loading

Frank,

I have a question.

In a bolt, I always load with a uniform pull rearward, not forward. The reason, probably a crazy one, is that when one loads by pushing forward, upon recoil there would be an upward barrel roll as the legs go from slightly angled forward to perpendicular, lifting the barrel up and over the legs as the they go ..less than...to 90 degrees..to less than... to the rear.

By loading rearward, the legs angle set (and the barrel) remain uniform.

I get the leaning into Huge recoil or FA. But with a bolt and a can, why wouldn't one want to avoid the bipod/barrel immediate back rolling lift?

What am I missing here? Thanks..