• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bix n Andy 2 stage on 737r?

Dusticles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Hey guys, new build and I'm having issues reaching stated weight on the trigger. It's a Bix n Andy TacSport two stage on an Impact 737r. I cant seem to get the second stage below a pound.

Has anyone with this setup tried different trigger hangers or upper sears?

i use a medium sear and the -15 trigger hanger, hard for me to say about the weight because my second stage is set right at 1lb, but ive tested it lighter without issue.

I forget what hanger is on my wife’s Impact, but her TacSport 2 stage is set to about 9oz on the second stage. Did you follow the instructions on setting the sear? If you did the right then you should be able to get below a pound.

Did you follow the instructions on setting the sear? If you did the right then you should be able to get below a pound.

Yessir, been front to back with this thing. The 2nd stage is backed out completely, 3 ounces on the 1st stage and sear engaged 1/16 of a turn. Breaks at 1.2 lbs overall.

Seems wierd considering the manual states 7oz to 3.3lbs on the first and 2.5 to 16 oz on the 2nd.. I thought the springs may be reversed but that's not possible by design

Have you tried activating the trigger removed from the gun? You can do this by pushing down on topsear with a finger while and pulling the trigger. With the light weights you are setting it to you should be able to do this and be able to feel if it is still too heavy. Doing this should answer the question about weather the weight issue you have with it has anything to do with what rifle it is in.

My suspicion is that you are correct and that the interface between your actions cocking piece and the topsear is not fully engaging and that is multiplying the down-force on the topsear and making the trigger release heavy. The topsear compatibility chart should give you some idea about where your acting is landing dimensionally relative to the triggers design and if you should expect to need a different topsear or an adjustment to the hanger to get into spec.

Lastly, calling the Bullet Central folks can be a great help when it comes to trouble shooting things. They have good people on hand who are knowledgable about the product. They have a good deal of knowledge about issues and work arounds with this or that custom action.

I use medium seer . I tried the low but I could make it fire by closing the bolt hard. The medium deer was recommended to me by the guys at otm. It has been running great

Yessir, been front to back with this thing. The 2nd stage is backed out completely, 3 ounces on the 1st stage and sear engaged 1/16 of a turn. Breaks at 1.2 lbs overall.

Seems wierd considering the manual states 7oz to 3.3lbs on the first and 2.5 to 16 oz on the 2nd.. I thought the springs may be reversed but that's not possible by design

16oz = 1lbs