• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Blackhawk D.O.A.V. Assault Vest System

wefite4u

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2010
Bahrain/Norfolk VA
http://www.blackhawk.com/product/DOAV-Assault-Vest-System,13,86.htm
Does anyone have one? If so, what can you tell me about it?

I am looking for a vest that i can keep in the truck in case of emergencies or use for tactical shooting. My wife and i are going to be doing a lot of traveling into remote areas when i get back from deployment and i want something that will be able to handle emergencies, and be highly mobile. Looking for something in place of a day back for better stability and ease of movement. Thanks for any advice.

Re: Blackhawk D.O.A.V. Assault Vest System

Haven't used one of these since '02-03, but back then it was a really good piece of kit. Blackhawk has changed a few things on them and of course they're made overseas, but you can carry more than enough gear to get into or out of any trouble you can find. I would recommend it for your back country travel. One drawback is that it doesn't allow for super fast mag changes, but with a little practice and tinkering you can make it work.

Here is my take on the LBV, with a built in pack, wich I have a patent pending on. LBV WITH a pack built in. Made in Michigan.

Pouches are 3 ammo card pouches, 180 rounds, 1 brass dump pouch, larger butt pouch, 2 double AICS 10 mag pouches.

Here is the LBV Gen 3 with built in pack/hydration holder, this was a expiriment to make one with a pack, the true Gen 3 will have a slightly larger pack, with the pouch built in inside the pack for the hydration bladder.

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01422.jpg

Here is the GEN 1, what I run until I update myself
grin.gif
, with no hydration carrier, just pouches for water bottles, wich is more along the lines of a LBV.

DSC00937-1.jpg

this is loaded out with the pouches for redtac gear ammo cards, brass dump pouches, large but pack for food/water/LRF what ever, and just ignore my rain gear and that tactical tailor pouch high on the back that I have my bladder in, that was what inspired the decision to have a pack/pouch built in.

Extremely comfortable to shoot prone, as nothing in on your chest at all, wich was the most important feature. IMO, this is the match shooters/hike to where you shoot shooters dream of a unit.

"HasgunWilltravel",
I took a look at you website and can't find this itme. Can you give me any more information about it? I am really interested in the gen 3. What size will the pack be? What will the deminsions of the pack be? What colors/patterns is it available in? How much weight will it be able to carry? If you are looking for a gear tester i would be more then happy to help out.