• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BlackOps Technologies is Up and Running

Re: BlackOps Technologies is Up and Running

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike#9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ugsw whats that stand for </div></div>

Underground Skunkworks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would like to see a lever gun in 460 s&w </div></div>

We'll likely do this, but it won't happen on a Marlin action.... </div></div>

I really really need to win the lottery, or stop reading these updates!!!
cool.gif

I've been lusting on the .460 for awhile, and am pretty much ruined now that I hear you will likely build a lever gun for it.

Any chance you guys might branch into the custom revolver market? I think it would be a nice fit, especially, if you did a matching revolver/lever gun package.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

You still alive - hope all is well???

Sent ya a couple emails & some parts - parts will be arriving next Tuesday 9-27-11.

Thanks,

Jeff
</div></div>

Hey Jeff,
Still here. Generally, I'm in the shop early in the mornings and out to the range by late morning/early afternoon. Lot of rifles to shoot lately....

I picked up your VM this morning....Good news on the parts and I'll let you know when they get here....

Headed to the range now to do more testing on the carbon wrapped barrels....

Great news Mike.

I have one of Mike's full build Remington 870s and to say the least its the best fighting shotgun I have ever handled. Fit, finish, detail are best. Handles like sports car. Action is butter smooth and patterns better than any 18" should

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great news Mike.

I have one of Mike's full build Remington 870s and to say the least its the best fighting shotgun I have ever handled. Fit, finish, detail are best. Handles like sports car. Action is butter smooth and patterns better than any 18" should </div></div>

Thanks Mike. That was one of the last shotguns we did. I'm no longer doing them and sold my shotgun component product line to another company in the industry (with the exception of the sight and rail systems).

Our core has always been precision bolt actions and now we're getting deeper into our 1911's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My parts have arrived at BlackOps - now the wait for Mike & crew to do their magic!! </div></div>

Thanks Jeff and I'll be in touch as your build moves along....

Mike, I have started to work up loads on the left handed Perseus that you built for me...I have been waiting on the Thunderbeast to clear ATF but got bored of waiting. This target is a 200 yard target with eight rounds: It measures just
under 1/2 MOA
200YardSkunk-1.jpg

that is a testament to your rifles - I have NEVER shot a 200 yard target like that before.

Skunk1.jpg

AWESOME rifle and I couldn't be happier with your company's work.

Mike,

Can you give me an estimated build time for a customer supplied .308 build?

Thanks,
Kelly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: unincsmr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Can you give me an estimated build time for a customer supplied .308 build?

Thanks,
Kelly </div></div>

If you're supplying all of the components and we're just squaring away the build, just a few weeks....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

You have an email - please check it out. </div></div>

Thanks Jeff. I saw it late last night.

Mike,

When is a good time to get ahold of you to go over a build? I have all the components, just need you to put it all together. Thanks for your time.

-Kelly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: unincsmr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

When is a good time to get ahold of you to go over a build? I have all the components, just need you to put it all together. Thanks for your time.

-Kelly </div></div>

Kelly,
Give me a call at the shop today: 406-892-1850.

Thanks.

You ever think of doing a Savage 1899? I have a first year production rifle that I was told is "junk" to a collector because some dumb-ass 'smith drilled and tapped it for a Pachmeyr scope mount back in the '30's/'40's. It's a tip off (rotates outward) in case you want to use the original Marbles peep sight.

My 308 you built is a tack driver with M118LR.
My hunting rig you build in 300WM on a mod 70 action is a work of art and shoots great for how light it is. The brake is unbelievable in reducing felt recoil.
Attention to detail is what sets Mike's builds apart from the rest.
Several custom gun builders build great shooting rifles, but most don't spend the time hand fitting and working the stocks. Great builder and I recommend him if you have the time to wait. Hopefully the turnaround time will be reduced when all everything is up and running at full speed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You ever think of doing a Savage 1899? I have a first year production rifle that I was told is "junk" to a collector because some dumb-ass 'smith drilled and tapped it for a Pachmeyr scope mount back in the '30's/'40's. It's a tip off (rotates outward) in case you want to use the original Marbles peep sight. </div></div>

Sorry, but not really. Basically, what you have is what you have. There's not much that I'd be willing to do to it because I'd essentially be creating fixtures, tooling and technology for one rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oubeta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 308 you built is a tack driver with M118LR.
My hunting rig you build in 300WM on a mod 70 action is a work of art and shoots great for how light it is. The brake is unbelievable in reducing felt recoil.
Attention to detail is what sets Mike's builds apart from the rest.
Several custom gun builders build great shooting rifles, but most don't spend the time hand fitting and working the stocks. Great builder and I recommend him if you have the time to wait. Hopefully the turnaround time will be reduced when all everything is up and running at full speed.

</div></div>

Thanks Zach and glad your rifles worked as designed/advertised. Let me know if I can do anything for you and I'll be in touch soon on your 6.5CM.

BlackOps, when can we expect a website for your Wildcall line of weapons?
Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BlackOps, when can we expect a website for your Wildcall line of weapons?
Thanks. </div></div>

It's in the works....along with the BlackOps Technologies (BOT) site.

Mike,

Glad to see the new site up and rolling. Maybe at some point add a page for owners to post pictures of their Black Ops / UGSW builds?

Keep up the great work boss!

Cheers - Todd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You ever think of doing a Savage 1899? I have a first year production rifle that I was told is "junk" to a collector because some dumb-ass 'smith drilled and tapped it for a Pachmeyr scope mount back in the '30's/'40's. It's a tip off (rotates outward) in case you want to use the original Marbles peep sight. </div></div>

Sorry, but not really. Basically, what you have is what you have. There's not much that I'd be willing to do to it because I'd essentially be creating fixtures, tooling and technology for one rifle.</div></div>

I didn't think so. It still kills me how a collector bitches about someone modifying a gun long before they ever became collectible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr15match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Glad to see the new site up and rolling. Maybe at some point add a page for owners to post pictures of their Black Ops / UGSW builds?

Keep up the great work boss!

Cheers - Todd </div></div>

Thanks Todd....Lot's going on lately.

Did you get the updated Build Sheet I sent? I've had a few email issues lately....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You ever think of doing a Savage 1899? I have a first year production rifle that I was told is "junk" to a collector because some dumb-ass 'smith drilled and tapped it for a Pachmeyr scope mount back in the '30's/'40's. It's a tip off (rotates outward) in case you want to use the original Marbles peep sight. </div></div>

Sorry, but not really. Basically, what you have is what you have. There's not much that I'd be willing to do to it because I'd essentially be creating fixtures, tooling and technology for one rifle.</div></div>

I didn't think so. It still kills me how a collector bitches about someone modifying a gun long before they ever became collectible. </div></div>

I'm with you. The 1899 is one of the best designs I've seen. I'll be glad to fix it up for you, but it wouldn't be practical for us to do any serious custom work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new site looks good Mike. </div></div>

Thanks Chris. I have some editing to do later today, but at least the foundation is completed. It'll grow from where it is now. I'll add the e-Commerce portion of it soon, so all of our components will be available with a shopping cart.

Mike,

Congratulations on getting the new website up and running. I look forward to seeing the site evolve and mature once you get the rest of your product images up and e-commerce setup. I notice the logo changed and was simplified from what was used in the old placeholder landing page you had posted. Any reason for this?

By the way, looking forward to my 338LM infidel build you have in the queue. Do you think I might get it by Christmas?

- Steve L.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You ever think of doing a Savage 1899? I have a first year production rifle that I was told is "junk" to a collector because some dumb-ass 'smith drilled and tapped it for a Pachmeyr scope mount back in the '30's/'40's. It's a tip off (rotates outward) in case you want to use the original Marbles peep sight. </div></div>

I didn't think so. It still kills me how a collector bitches about someone modifying a gun long before they ever became collectible. </div></div>

I'm with you. The 1899 is one of the best designs I've seen. I'll be glad to fix it up for you, but it wouldn't be practical for us to do any serious custom work.

</div></div>

I appreciate the offer. She shoots pretty awesome right now. But for the mods you offer there isn't much. I'll just have to go with what I've got with it. Not that I mind. It's kind of nice to know there is a tactical alternative to what I've got.

My thought was, 'once it's not collectible' one might as well see what can be added.

Thanks again, and awesome work.

A li'l update for ya on the Savage 1899. When I put the Unertl 4X on there I just bought, she shot (3) 4" or better groups at 300. That's about 3"-4" better than with the Weaver that was on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flashfire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Congratulations on getting the new website up and running. I look forward to seeing the site evolve and mature once you get the rest of your product images up and e-commerce setup. I notice the logo changed and was simplified from what was used in the old placeholder landing page you had posted. Any reason for this?

By the way, looking forward to my 338LM infidel build you have in the queue. Do you think I might get it by Christmas?

- Steve L. </div></div>

Thanks Steve. The first logo was basically a quick and simple place-holder so we could start moving away from the UGSW stuff. It really offered no "ownership," as there are a few in this industry that use the same style spade and even more that use a reticle in their logo. The new logo identifies BlackOps Precision to a greater level than the "placeholder."

The first 50 of my new SA DBM will be finished by 16Dec. I'll be running larger numbers in January and the LA version will be in production by the end of December.

Our new EFR will be in production by the end of November and many know that the SPECTER Night Vision mount is available now through Triad Tactical.

I'll finish a few more projects by the end of the year and will be offering the rimfire action very soon. I'll have enough components on hand to build the first 50 Rimfire Rifles and will let everyone know when I'm ready to start taking orders.

Our backlog is rather large, and the name-change has slowed us down a bit, but the new BlackOps actions will be in production in early December. We'll have a lot of catching up to do and I'm looking for more people to bring on as rifle builders (preferably former 2112's).

Thanks again Steve and I'll have an update for you after Thanksgiving.

Got response & sent one back.

We're good Mike - Thanks!!

2 more emails at ya - Check'em out.

We now should be good to go, Thanks again!!

Hey, you guys need to quit sending so many emails to Mike - Mike is supposed to be working on my rifle and not answering emails - LOL...I am glad to see that Mike's business is doing so well as he is a classy guy to work with and makes one heck of a rifle - I have a Recon in the works and hope to get it by my Birthday this year; well close may be, like I got my Perseus last year after my Iraq deployment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 more emails at ya - Check'em out.

We now should be good to go, Thanks again!! </div></div>

Got it Jeff. We're squared away. The fluting fixture is being set up shortly and we'll get your barrel fluted with nine others. It's off to the finish room after that....Standby....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, you guys need to quit sending so many emails to Mike - Mike is supposed to be working on my rifle and not answering emails - LOL...I am glad to see that Mike's business is doing so well as he is a classy guy to work with and makes one heck of a rifle - I have a Recon in the works and hope to get it by my Birthday this year; well close may be, like I got my Perseus last year after my Iraq deployment. </div></div>

Thanks for looking out for me Tim. Emails and PM's early a.m. and then go to the back and get to work....

Mike,

Did all my parts show up? Are we good to go? I tried to send you an e-mail but I don't think it was the right address.

Thanks,
Kelly

Did all my parts show up? Are we good to go? I tried to send you an e-mail but I don't think it was the right address.

Thanks,
Kelly </div></div>

Kelly,
Your components showed up late last week and the action is barreled. I suspect the stock work will be done shortly after I return from Alabama.

Mike I know your busy but do you have by chance any pics of the 1911s you will be building?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luvtoclimb1976</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike I know your busy but do you have by chance any pics of the 1911s you will be building? </div></div>

There's a post here: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2816749

I'll be doing photos and specs this week for the new website.

Thanks and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Hey Mike
The recon that you built me what barrel is a recon contour. What is the size of this barrel? is it smaller or larger than a number 7 contour? I need to know to order new rings.

Thanks WES