• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BlackOps Technologies is Up and Running

Re: BlackOps Technologies is Up and Running

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wdebo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Mike
The recon that you built me what barrel is a recon contour. What is the size of this barrel? is it smaller or larger than a number 7 contour? I need to know to order new rings.

Thanks WES </div></div>

Hey Wes,
The RECON contour is dimensionally similar to a #7.

Mike, any updates on the approval from the ATF to get the new actions going?

Thanks, Jarrod

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, any updates on the approval from the ATF to get the new actions going?

Thanks, Jarrod </div></div>

Jarrod,
As a matter of fact, the approval letter arrived via mail today. It was date stamped on December 6. We have 30 actions running now with 16 or so being ready to go within the next few days. Your parts are on my bench.

In an effort to get caught up, we'll being doing a big push of RECON, PERSEUS, INFIDEL and Barreled Actions builds for as long as we can stand it.

That's great news Mike. It seems like I am always waiting on the ATF. I know you guy's are busy. Let me know when you get your hunting rifle website up.

Thanks, Jarrod

Can you stick mine in that group to
grin.gif

-Zach

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's great news Mike. It seems like I am always waiting on the ATF. I know you guy's are busy. Let me know when you get your hunting rifle website up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you stick mine in that group to
grin.gif

-Zach

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's great news Mike. It seems like I am always waiting on the ATF. I know you guy's are busy. Let me know when you get your hunting rifle website up.

Thanks, Jarrod </div></div> </div></div>

Yep. Yours and Jarrod's are going through together....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, any updates on the approval from the ATF to get the new actions going?

In an effort to get caught up, we'll being doing a big push of RECON, PERSEUS, INFIDEL and Barreled Actions builds for as long as we can stand it.</div></div> that sounds like music to my ears as I wait for my Recon. I guess you were not kidding when you said February - better get my credit card warmed up.

I can't believe how the ATF dropped off the face of the earth for marking variances.....my buddy's finally came through too.

Its gonna be great to see BlackOps setups rolling out now!!

I can't wait to get my Kukri. I have friend that got one a couple of months ago and it shoots lights out. Mike builds fantastic rifles.

Hey Mike,

Good to hear you have 30 new actions coming through the shop soon and another 16 right after that. Does that mean my Infidel 338LM is in one of those groups?

Thanks,
Steve L.

MIKE!!!

Looks like parts will be headed your way very soon! I'll be stateside on 12/20 and I'll give you a call as soon as I can with a couple changes to the build spec. I should have the Brux tube from Bugholes next week with a little luck too.

Todd

Thanks for the support guys. Thanks to the name change (ultimately), we've been without the new actions for 106 days as of today. We'll have the first of the new BlackOps actions by early next week.

We've still had plenty to do with other builds and I've made a lot of headway on the Rimfire and other development projects. The BlackOps DBM (short action) is in production and the long action will go into production in January.

I'll be taking 40XB Repeater Conversions starting in January and the Model 605 Rimfire Repeater will start production after SHOT. I'll be publishing availability of components and Rimfire Rifle packages after SHOT.

The first of the SPECTER NV Mounts is shipping out to Triad Tactical early next week and my new EFR will go into production by the end of December. We also have a few other things up our sleeves for new "disruptive" products.

The WildCall Custom Rifles website is nearly finished and I expect to start taking orders for our 1911's as we staff up going into 2012. In addition to all this, I'm bringing our "Custom Shop" online in early 2012.

Tim and I will be working seven days a week (nothing new there) to get caught up on the current BlackOps Precision backlog and Colton is hauling up another trailer load from AZ. He'll be jumping in with us in January as we work to get caught up.

Generally, I've always been immediately available via telephone and e-mail, but I'll be a little harder to get in touch with as we work to get caught up. The phones will be answered by Tomi Anne on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and she'll take messages for anyone wishing to speak with me. I'll return phone calls and emails later in the day.

The phones will go to the answering machine on Tuesday and Thursday and I'll return phone calls later in the day.

As always, feel free to shoot me an email and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

Thanks again guys and I sincerely appreciate the level of patience that you've exhibited as we've dealt with our administrative changes and our growth.

Finally, deposit made today, parts going tomorrow, and now time for the count down. Hopefully by the time I'm on vacation again we'll be close to a complete rifle for beating up woodchucks in the spring.

Happy New Years Mike and the rest of the Black Ops Prec shop!

I'm waiting on my 6.5 Creedmoor Recon build. It is supposed to be the 2nd BlackOps action to be made. I would just like to say that so far Mike has been great to deal with and very professional.

Mike,

are you guys selling accessories like the picatinny rail and trigger or are they only compatible with the blackop actions?

thanks,
aron

I sent a PM to you Mike hope to hear back from you soon
smile.gif

Waiting to hear back too Mike!!

Please gimme a shout with shipping info.

Thanks,
Jeff

Keep me informed on the rimfire action Mike. I may have to do a 22 build.

Just heard Black Ops mentioned on . . . wait for it . . . NPR, KNPR here in Las Vegas. It was a piece on job creation via the burgeoning firearms industry. They also talked about the shortage of qualified machinists, and a local Montana community college that's adapting their curriculum to address it.

All in all, a very positive piece. No anti-gun slant whatsoever.

Thumbs ups boys, if you're there, I'll see y'all tomorrow at SHOT.

I can't wait to get my Kukri. Hopefully I will get the call soon.

Hey Mike,
I'm interested in some more info on the 605...looking forward to it!

Thx,
-Tyler

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wdebo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keep me informed on the rimfire action Mike. I may have to do a 22 build. </div></div>

Thanks Debo and you're on the list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't wait to get my Kukri. Hopefully I will get the call soon. </div></div>

Jerrod,
The barreled action and metal parts are finished and the stock is getting camp....not much longer....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TYB422</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Mike,
I'm interested in some more info on the 605...looking forward to it!

Thx,
-Tyler </div></div>

Thanks Tyler and you're on the list. Rimfire update coming soon.

Mike,

My new BlkOps Prec Infidel is a shooter! Took it out today for the first time and put about 40 rounds through it... One box of FGMM and then some handloads that I had left over from my old 308. The FGMM shot 0.36" average for 4 groups. My handloads from my old rifle averaged 0.55". The worst group for the day was 5 shots in 0.63". Another fine rifle!

IMG_20120127_212448.jpg

I'll get some better pics soon...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm certainly looking forward to my BlackOps rifle this year.</div></div> you and me both. I am waiting on a Recon and if it shoots as good as the Perseus that I have from Mike I will be ecstatic.

Any update on my lightweight commander, Mike?

Also, any news on the rimfires? Definitely looking to have one built. Thanks!

Vey interesting... Someone has put a lot of thought into these rifle systems. I really like the magazine release.

A few questions:

1.What are the major difference between the Tacops rifles and the Blackops rifles?

2.Why the 3/8 5 shot MOA vs. 3 shot .25 MOA or less guarentee?

The only turnoff I had against the Tacops rifle is that it seems more of a LE rifle than MIL even know it's amazing I am sure. With that said here is my final question:

3.Have the Blackops rifles been field tested at all against the elements? Durability is a huge factor in purchasing a rifle.

These Blackops rifles look amazing and I am strongly considering purchaing the Recon.

-Steelvenom

Thanks for the remarks SV

The differences are mainly in components. The BlackOps rifles are manufactured using BlackOps actions, that are designed in-house. In addition, the Trigger, DBM, Mounts, Pillars, Recoil Lug and all other small parts are BlackOps as well. We have a proprietary bedding process and every rifle is finished to a level of fit and finish that's all our own.

The accuracy guarantee is based on the average of five, five shot groups and there are BlackOps rifles in the hands of numerous PDs around the U.S.

Having said all this, we're not currently accepting orders. We're working through a backlog and will be taking orders again soon. I'm also working to get new products/technology completed.

As far as TacOps rifles go, they're certainly premier platforms and they're shooters by every definition. They've proven themselves over many years and continue to do so in numerous operational circles and are purpose designed to do so. The fit and finish is unique to TacOps and certainly strays from what's known as the defacto standard.

Thanks again SV and I'll post info pertaining to when we'll be accepting orders again.

Thanks for the hasty reply,

I hate to do this but serious inquire here.

Do you sell your (EHD) DBM and (BOP) model 1911 seperately and how much do they cost each?

When will the major stock builders eg. McMillan have stocks readily available for this build?

Thanks Mike,

-Sv

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: &#8207;Steelvenom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the hasty reply,

I hate to do this but serious inquire here.

Do you sell your (EHD) DBM and (BOP) model 1911 seperately and how much do they cost each?

When will the major stock builders eg. McMillan have stocks readily available for this build?

Thanks Mike,

-Sv </div></div>

SV,
The DBM is available through Defiance Machine and Manners is currently I letting for it. I'll get the insetting info to McMillan this week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Will you be selling your custom triggers for Surgeon 591 actions to the public? </div></div>

PapaG,
The trigger I designed will not work on the Surgeon action. It's designed specifically for any action manufactured by Defiance (BlackOps, APA, GAP, etc.).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Will you be selling your custom triggers for Surgeon 591 actions to the public? </div></div>

PapaG,
The trigger I designed will not work on the Surgeon action. It's designed specifically for any action manufactured by Defiance (BlackOps, APA, GAP, etc.). </div></div>

Excuse my ignorance.
grin.gif

Thank you for the response.

Mike, did you receive my email from last week regarding the color of the rifle? We must be very close to completion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stephen Allen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, did you receive my email from last week regarding the color of the rifle? We must be very close to completion. </div></div>

Lucas,
I was in TX for a week without reliable connectivity. I saw your email today and there are no issues with the colors. I'm still held up with getting the correct rail.

Mike,

Sent you an email - looking for a barrel or at least your barrel contour specs you used on my rifle.

Thanks!!!

Hi Mike,
I sent you a email last week. Just looking for a update on my build

Thanks
Dustin