• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blemish on new LaRue 7.62 lower receiver.

Did they offer an explanation as to why they are blemishes on so many of them?

No, I asked if it were perhaps a machining code mid-hap, and they explicitly said no, it isn’t. So it seems they know about it, but acknowledge it won’t affect function & are just letting it ride.

I think it bothers me so much because it is a beautifully machined piece (barring the logo errors) so it sticks out to me like a sore thumb.

As I said before is likely intentional as an anti-counterfeiting measure.

Were plenty of people on gunbroker and other forums trying to pass off self builds as factory rifles. Some transparency on the matter from LaRue would be nice though.

Were plenty of people on gunbroker and other forums trying to pass off self builds as factory rifles. Some transparency on the matter from LaRue would be nice though.

Ive talked to people who’ve purchased stripped 5.56 & 7.62 lowers without the markings. So I doubt it. I can see where you’re coming from, though.

So Larue is separating their products from counterfeit ones by making their own products look shittier?

That's a pretty novel anti-counterfeit strategy.

I can see it now on a FAQ page:

How can you tell our lowers from counterfeit ones? Our lowers have the shitty tooling marks. If the engraving look professional, it's not a Larue.

Last edited:

This actually makes sense:

IMG_0849.JPG

Because this is a factory Noveske rifle. But this:
IMG_1392.JPG

Is one that I made. All Noveske parts only I assembled it. Noveske will sell you non-blem shit though, they intentionally cut a "chainsaw" on the blems they sell for a discount. Some of the blems, I can't tell to be honest. Dimensionally they're all supposed to be identical though.

FWIW, Noveske has always been, IMO, the highest quality "standard" AR manufacturer. No gimmicks, nothing special, just high quality shit.

They make the N6 now in 7.62. If you're after pristine looks well, Noveske would be hard to beat. I'd actually like to have an N6 but already have an SR25 and Mk20 so no real use (not that stopped me with the other ten AR's).

Reactions: 6.5SH and DJL2
I'm shocked they offered to swap it with no question asked. Might as well run with that and see what you get.

They sold my a defective optic mount and then they sold me a defective lower...and they fucked around for two solid months after I sent that lower back to them, which required weeks (literally) of e-mail tomfuckery. Did I mention that they insisted I send it back with all the components of the rifle included so they could do jack and shit except keep most of the components I paid for when they sent it back to me?

I don't do business with them anymore.

So Larue is separating their products from counterfeit ones by making their own products look shittier?

That's a pretty novel anti-counterfeit strategy.

I can see it now on a FAQ page:

How can you tell our lowers from counterfeit ones? Our lowers have the shitty tooling marks. If the engraving look professional, it's not a Larue.
Noveske Chainsaw anyone?

EDIT:
HA! Missed that someone posted theirs.