• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blemish on new LaRue 7.62 lower receiver.

Hi,

So they DID or did NOT offer to replace it?

IF they DID then why would you "think of selling it"? Especially to just buy a new Larue a month or so from now?

IF they DID offer to replace it then why make this thread to begin with? Just send it in and get the replacement that was offered.

THIS thread sounds like a "Bypass the PX Rules" thread.........

Sincerely,
Theis

If you ordered a brand new vehicle, go to pick it up from the lot and it has a door ding, are you driving it off the lot?

Id be embarassed to just "accept" a flaw without question.
stop.....that's not an effective analogy and this lower is not bad enough to qualify for this nonsense and then the follow up faux angst by the sheeple.

$300 is more than an LMT stripped lower - that's puts it firmly in the "premium" tier
what? have you seen the prices for LMT lowers prior to and now pandemic status? I'd never call Larue, at 300, anything but bargain and never premium.

Nothing wrong with that lower really, will get more scratches and nicks from first range trip or outing.

If you are buying a safe queen, you are not buying the 'value' LaRue ......hard to argue that

I always thought the armadillo guns were one step above a poverty pony. $300 for a stripped lower, that’s one of those spikes crazy skull/crusader lowers kinda money, or better yet get a 80% in 7k series aluminum, machine it and have it hard anodized kinda money.

6297e6338236ae7c63918500cfd1a647.jpg
spot on, definitely, NOT premium and right in the budget lane

True...

But I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing, The semi auto forum used to see a handful of post a week now one can actually have a conversation about a topic and not have to wait weeks to see if anybody has a comment.

As for some of the people that bring odd or colorful response, its all good, cant take the interwebs too seriously.

As for the Ops lower. I am not sure that what they are expecting from 300 dollar, Large frame lower. 300 is not exactly a premium since
fair points sir! can't disagree:)

stop.....that's not an effective analogy and this lower is not bad enough to qualify for this nonsense and then the follow up faux angst by the sheeple.
I think your missing the broader point. It’s a blem and not sold as such. Yes it’s stupid, insignificant and meaningless as to function. Hopefully it gets rode hard and put away wet. BUT, I guarantee LaRue knows the issue and still doesn’t care. Any company with a shred of integrity would sell these as blems. Not LaRue, they will sell them at pandemic prices because the ego of that shitbird company thinks people don’t care as long as they get a LaRue.

I have an OBR .308 from 2012. Gun is accurate but blows primers. Never shoot it that much and will end up replacing the bolt carrier, bolt and putting 18" proof carbon fiber barrel on it.

I have a cheap Aero M5 6.5 Creed that is just as accurate for less than 1/2 the cost. Larue isn't the magical product everyone thinks it is supposed too be. Or that they market it to be!

After an ignorant response from Mark on Instagram I’m more than likely going to pull the trigger on a Knights SR25. More than I wanted to spend but atleast I’m not giving money to someone who doesn’t deserve it.

Link or it didn't happen ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver

Others might not think that’s ignorant, but that’s how I took it. What does my post count have to do with asking for an email to run a question on a product? I don’t utilize Instagram as some form of social media. Just basically use it to browse photos, etc.

Like I said. It’s pure ego. He only cares if u are an influencer. He has no consideration for the people who actually make his garbage company successful Get rid of it. And never look their way again.

Others might not think that’s ignorant, but that’s how I took it. What does my post count have to do with asking for an email to run a question on a product? I don’t utilize Instagram as some form of social media. Just basically use it to browse photos, etc.

Can I draft a reply for you?

Hi Mark, what the fuck do my post count or number of followers have to do with your shit workmanship and douchebag ego?

I think your missing the broader point. It’s a blem and not sold as such. Yes it’s stupid, insignificant and meaningless as to function. Hopefully it gets rode hard and put away wet. BUT, I guarantee LaRue knows the issue and still doesn’t care. Any company with a shred of integrity would sell these as blems. Not LaRue, they will sell them at pandemic prices because the ego of that shitbird company thinks people don’t care as long as they get a LaRue.
I get that and agree to a point but I had look close to see what the OP was refering too. It's a cheap lower, treat it as such

Hate to see what he'd do getting a Colt lol

“I’m more than likely going to pull the trigger on a Knights SR25.”

This is the ultimate solution. 👍🏻

what? have you seen the prices for LMT lowers prior to and now pandemic status? I'd never call Larue, at 300, anything but bargain and never premium.

Nothing wrong with that lower really, will get more scratches and nicks from first range trip or outing.

If you are buying a safe queen, you are not buying the 'value' LaRue ......hard to argue that
Retail for an LMT is around $280, retail for larue is $299. Aero is $175 - that's a value lower..
You didn't answer, are you driving a new vehicle off the lot with a fender sent or door ding?

You are probally going to cry yousrself to sleep when you see the scratches and marks on your new $5500 KAC out of the box. Last 3 i bought looked like dried ass.

Its not a museum piece its a tool.

I often wonder if its the first gun someone ever bought when they make threads like this. People who actually shoot dont give a shit. It reeks of inexperience when people are bitching about things that dont matter.

Nothing wrong at all with that lower.

You should see the dings and scratches on our $5k-$25k shotguns where fancy wood and deep bluing are a thing.

Its a gun not a purse to make your sister jealous.

You are probally going to cry yousrself to sleep when you see the scratches and marks on your new $5500 KAC out of the box. Last 3 i bought looked like dried ass.

I often wonder if its the first gun someone ever bought when they make threads like this. People who actually shoot dont give a shit. It reeks of inexperience when people are bitching about things that dont matter.

You should see the dings and scratches on our $5k-$25k shotguns where fancy wood and deep bluing are a thing.

I have dings and scratches on my BCM 11.5” & 16” - that I’ve put there myself. Different intended uses, I beat up on those things. Funny, they are just run of the mill milspec uppers that I received, and there wasn’t a flaw to be found.

A precision billet piece should not have any markings when it arrives to me from the factory.

Pics of the dried ass-looking Krieghoff/Kolar/Perazzi or it didn't happen

In all seriousness I would suspect a brand new account asking for an email.

Now im curious, why do you have 0 posts, 0 followers, 0 following? Did you create the account just to ask for his email?

In all seriousness I would suspect a brand new account asking for an email.

Now im curious, why do you have 0 posts, 0 followers, 0 following? Did you create the account just to ask for his email?
Suspect what? It’s not like I’m trying to put a black mark against his company, didn’t mention anything in that post that would try to bring negativity toward him or his company. All I did was ask for an email. Not suspect at all.

Pics of the dried ass-looking Krieghoff/Kolar/Perazzi or it didn't happen
I actually fucked up my $9k Zoli this year, twice.

Case got knocked off bench and the rib hit the edge and put a nice dent in it. Now i get to see the dent everytime i bring it up. Would probally cost $2k and the gun would go back to itally to get fixed.

Then a couple months ago i knocked my bushnell spotter lmss that is built like a brick and it missed every other gun and decided to land on the pistol grip of the zoli, putting a nice gouge in the wood. Probally $1500-2k to replace the stock if i cared.

Oh fucking well.

They are tools we shoot, shit happens. Doesnt effect mechanicsl function which IS the reason we pay for them in the first place.

You dont buy a larue becuse its pretty, you dont buy a kac becuase its pretty and i didnt buy they zoli becuase it looked good. Bought them for their mechanical performance.
It is pretty funny saw a dude shooting a brand new kreigoff k80 clash of the titans gun... about $60-80k due to the engraving. Broke a bird and the chip came right in and put a scratch down his barrel. If you can afford to buy these toys then it really is not that big a deal. Dudes wife who was half his age had a set of bolt ons which deserve their own thread.

Couldnt imagine being stressed over getting a ding in a gun. It would be like buying a new truck and never taking it out for fear of a scratch. Who the fuck wants to live life being a scared little bitch like that?

If I'm going to be shot I certainly don't want to be shot by a rifle with a blemish lower, com'on man.
Rest easy, man - you’d have nothing to worry about...I’d much rather be engaged by an enemy when his rifle has such blems from the manufacturer as everybody knows that really small imperfections on the lower’s surface outta-the-box turn an otherwise 1-MOA gun into a 20-MOA gun (and that’s with custom-tuned hand loads).

Now if he also had a slingshot - look out!

Suspect what? It’s not like I’m trying to put a black mark against his company, didn’t mention anything in that post that would try to bring negativity toward him or his company. All I did was ask for an email. Not suspect at all.
It's the internet, everyone is suspect. Most people dont go giving their email to any random person who asks for it.

Think LL would just give out his email to some new member whos first post is asking for his email??

Think about it.

Reactions: 308pirate
Hi,

View attachment 7573826

Can you put Mark on the phone? I need to go over an issue with him.

Sincerely,
Theis
They have been hard to get ahold of last few years. CS has gone to shit they hardly awsner emails or even pick up phone.

There are a few niche things they sell worth buying but most of their wares are outdated and obsolete.

When i order something from them i dont expect to see it for 6 months.

Personally, the lower receiver is generally one of the parts I care about the least. As long as it's forged 7075 aluminum and in spec. I don't really care who makes it. So Spike's Tactical, Aeroprecision, PSA all work for me, and when I can find a blemished receiver I'll generally jump on it. I have a KAC upper on a blemished Spike's Tactical lower that I probably paid $60 for. Runs great.

After a couple of thousand rounds every gun I own has scratches, dings, etc. As others have said it's a tool. I don't worry if my hammer has a few scratches on it. Same with my guns.

So I generally buy a cheap stripped lower, and then put the finished lower together myself and spec. it exactly how I want. I have a particular pistol grip I like. I want an ambi. safety. I'll spend money for a very good trigger. I want to choose my own stock. Depending on the gun I may put in a heavy buffer and usually an upgraded spring.

Unless you care about resale buy the cheapest stripped lower you can find and take the money you save and put it into a good trigger or a solid optic.

Case got knocked off bench and the rib hit the edge and put a nice dent in it. Now i get to see the dent everytime i bring it up. Would probally cost $2k and the gun would go back to itally to get fixed.

Then a couple months ago i knocked my bushnell spotter lmss that is built like a brick and it missed every other gun and decided to land on the pistol grip of the zoli, putting a nice gouge in the wood. Probally $1500-2k to replace the stock if i cared.

Oh fucking well.

They are tools we shoot, shit happens. Doesnt effect mechanicsl function which IS the reason we pay for them in the first place.

You dont buy a larue becuse its pretty, you dont buy a kac becuase its pretty and i didnt buy they zoli becuase it looked good. Bought them for their mechanical performance.
It is pretty funny saw a dude shooting a brand new kreigoff k80 clash of the titans gun... about $60-80k due to the engraving. Broke a bird and the chip came right in and put a scratch down his barrel. If you can afford to buy these toys then it really is not that big a deal. Dudes wife who was half his age had a set of bolt ons which deserve their own thread.

Couldnt imagine being stressed over getting a ding in a gun. It would be like buying a new truck and never taking it out for fear of a scratch. Who the fuck wants to live life being a scared little bitch like that?
Zolis ARE sweet

Thought about upgrading to a Z gun from my 686 Sporting one a couple of years ago as I was starting to chase M class in sporting clays but just got burned out on the punch chase.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball

Quite the ego for someone who can’t make their product properly!

I had a slight issue with my JP I ordered, there were on it SUPER fast and had no ego.

Funny how it’s always the idiots and incompetent who have a ego the size of Texas. Hope ya at least got one of those bottle openers for free with their janky lower

Last edited:
IDK man. My LMT's look way better than my KAC and BCM guns. Very good machining and superb finish.

KAC started shipping stuff bone dry to the point it looks white. Not sure why, but you almost have to dunk the whole piece in lube to bring it back to life.

Retail for an LMT is around $280, retail for larue is $299. Aero is $175 - that's a value lower..
You didn't answer, are you driving a new vehicle off the lot with a fender sent or door ding?
on what planet are you on where retail is 280 on a mws lower and the Aero is lower at 145 (I just bought one)? LaRue is bargain stuff and now you are being full on retarded trying to compare the LaRue lower to the MWS. Just stop, you are behind the 8ball here trying to justify OP being stupid about some barely noticable stuff on a $250 308 lower

I did answer it, your analogy is retarded and apparently you can't read:D

Ok I was on the side of not worrying about it but after seeing that, I would send that shit back. What douchebag. What does post count or followers have to do with the question being asked? I have zero social media presence other than a few gun forums so I guess my money wouldn’t be welcomed either. f him

on what planet are you on where retail is 280 on a mws lower and the Aero is lower at 145 (I just bought one)? LaRue is bargain stuff and now you are being full on retarded trying to compare the LaRue lower to the MWS. Just stop, you are behind the 8ball here trying to justify OP being stupid about some barely noticable stuff on a $250 308 lower

I did answer it, your analogy is retarded and apparently you can't read:D
Youre an odd sort of fellow to dig your heels in on this topic.
1) You did not answer if youd drive a new vehicle off the lot w/ a door ding. You said its not a good analogy (its a very apt analogy). Yes or No: Would you accept a brand new vehicle, that you paid full price for, if it were in anyway damaged?
2) I never said Aero M5 lowers were $145, I said $175
3) LMT MWS $278.10 retail
4) Larue stripped lower $299.00 retail

Last edited:
Lollolololololololololololololololol:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That’s all I got. I’m sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

Internet forums generally don't like KAC owners-just a heads up o_O
Penis envy. The poors are just jealous.

I have yet to meet someone who has run a KAC gun hard who does not use them as their primary Rifle. I can't tell you how many times I have lent my rifle to people shooting a class and they come back asking where they can buy one. Mod 0 mod 1, doesn't matter.

Once you get there, you realize there is no reason to shoot anything else.

My guess is they're all a bit different and you get what you get.

Hi,

Well that is not how modern machinery works. It is not like they are doing the engraving on manual machines or that they do not have the programming code saved into the server so that each machine pulls the same program code.

Each and every engraving should be held to a specific set of tolerance specifications.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: LeftyJason
That does not appear to be a CNC problem. Its looks to me like the logo was cast and what you see are small inperfections that happened in the casting process. If it were CNC'd out of a block of aluminum it would cost a shit pot more than $330. That being said it is probably cheap chinese shit!

Reactions: candyx

Oh fucking well.

The set of facts you presented have nothing to do with the OP's issue. You and the other guy you spoke of caused the damages on those firearms, they did not come damaged. If those damages were on your 9k Zoli, would you pay 9k for it?

I believe the concern is twofold:

1) if something as insignificant as the lettering has tool marks like the OP's, I'm curious to know how much attention the machinists are paying on the more critical areas of their receivers? I had a lower several years ago where the FCG pins did not line up, so when I swapped triggers, it was a lot of fun trying to get the pins back in.

2) I haven't read anyone carry-on about the tooling marks in regards to how the lower looks. I believe the primary issue is paying full price for an item that is clearly a blem. As I stated, from my perspective, I would be pissed that I would be the one selling it as a blem IF I elected to sell the item in the future.

I shoot. A lot. For fun. For livelihood, possible survival. I still do not treat my firearms like some fucking rag dolls just because I don't want to be a "scared little bitch" with scratches, dents and dings in my hardware. I've got a few firearms with many, many rounds on them and if I didn't say anything about it, some folks would think they were close to new.

A wise man once told me, "take care of your gear, and your gear will take care of you."

Or due to the frequency and location of those inclusions, they are part of the design to make it look more rustic. I actually think they look cool.

They are billet lowers, not forged or castings. So its either by code or some wonky tool work gone wrong. If you look at where they are it looks like a pattern.

You really don't know what your talking about. $300 is about the going rate for a billet lower, some more depending on features.

These lowers are ONLY sold to people with Larue uppers so they are a small production limited item.

No one is selling Chinese lowers, especially Larue.

Everytime I think I have read the dumbest shit in here, some says hold my beer and watch this.

That does not appear to be a CNC problem. Its looks to me like the logo was cast and what you see are small inperfections that happened in the casting process. If it were CNC'd out of a block of aluminum it would cost a shit pot more than $330. That being said it is probably cheap chinese shit!
Suffice it to say, none of the above is correct.

Reactions: 308pirate