• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blemish on new LaRue 7.62 lower receiver.

The set of facts you presented have nothing to do with the OP's issue. You and the other guy you spoke of caused the damages on those firearms, they did not come damaged. If those damages were on your 9k Zoli, would you pay 9k for it?

I believe the concern is twofold:

1) if something as insignificant as the lettering has tool marks like the OP's, I'm curious to know how much attention the machinists are paying on the more critical areas of their receivers? I had a lower several years ago where the FCG pins did not line up, so when I swapped triggers, it was a lot of fun trying to get the pins back in.

2) I haven't read anyone carry-on about the tooling marks in regards to how the lower looks. I believe the primary issue is paying full price for an item that is clearly a blem. As I stated, from my perspective, I would be pissed that I would be the one selling it as a blem IF I elected to sell the item in the future.

I shoot. A lot. For fun. For livelihood, possible survival. I still do not treat my firearms like some fucking rag dolls just because I don't want to be a "scared little bitch" with scratches, dents and dings in my hardware. I've got a few firearms with many, many rounds on them and if I didn't say anything about it, some folks would think they were close to new.

A wise man once told me, "take care of your gear, and your gear will take care of you."
1. They have nothing to do with each other. Chances are they are done on different machines anyway, especially with the prevalence of Fiber Lasers.

These are non critical dimensions. ATF stipulates identifying marks have to be 1/16" and .003 deep.

All guns are blems. All blems are just a way to sell more product without devaluing your brand/market. Its one of the oldest games in the gun industry. I got "non blems" than look 10 times worse than "blems" from the same manufacture. It means nothing.

Firearms are either safe to sell or not. No one is going to risk the liability of selling anything remotely suspect, much less advertise them as such.

Stop trying to make assumptions like if they do this.............then they may do this. Shit is nothing but made up conjecture.

Do you see anyone complaining that their Larue lowers don't work, or won't accept small parts kits, or have excessive slop?

No , so don't make up issues where none exist.

At the end of the day 95% of customer complains are due to customer ignorance and lack of experience. For every legit issue they get 20 calls or emails from people who couldn't open a seial box without instructions and pictures about how their product is defective.

It be one thing if here was massive gouges or obvious signs of abuse. These are not even worth talking about much less creating a thread trying to get the band of karens who don't even shoot riled up becuase their nails don't match their purses.

Ok what the fuck. Does larue suck or not? I read I don't know how many posts about how great the Larue MBT triggers are so I bought one (seems good dry firing it) now I hear Larue is shit. Are we supposed to buy from them or not? :unsure:
Edit . And yes it came with stickers.

You got a factory large frame rifle for ~$1500. I wouldn’t let it bother me.

Last edited:
Penis envy. The poors are just jealous.

I have yet to meet someone who has run a KAC gun hard who does not use them as their primary Rifle. I can't tell you how many times I have lent my rifle to people shooting a class and they come back asking where they can buy one. Mod 0 mod 1, doesn't matter.

Once you get there, you realize there is no reason to shoot anything else.

Always thought KAC was a little overrated

Reactions: RUTGERS95
With respect to LaRue - never met Mark LaRue and don't expect to. But then the only time I've actually spoken to the owner of a firearms related company is with Prime ammo and I think that's clearly going to be the exception rather than the rule. Oh, and I suspect that if I ever had a problem with my Alchemy 1911 I could probably speak to the owner ... but that's a semi-custom 1911 made in pretty limited numbers and costing $2,600 and up.

However, what is undeniable about LaRue is that they offer a good product at a very competitive price. There's another thread about "value" AR's. Whether or not you like Mark LaRue, his company does make products that are generally a very good value.

He's basically changed the after market trigger industry. The only two stage trigger that's really comparable to the MBT is Geissele, which costs 2=3 times as much. I have LaRue triggers on almost all of my AR's and they have never failed.

Ultimate Upper kits are also an outstanding value. Until recently you could purchase an assembled AR15 upper for under $800. Add a blemished lower receiver for $75 and you have an accurate, reliable rifle for under $900. Can't really think of anyone who sells a better rifle for less money.

Buy a large frame AR (again a very good value) and you can add a decent suppressor for under $400. Again, not aware of ANYONE who is offering a better deal on suppressors.

And you get a jar of Dillo Dust, a bottle opener and a copy of the Constitution to boot. Used to get a hat as well.

With respect to LaRue - never met Mark LaRue and don't expect to. But then the only time I've actually spoken to the owner of a firearms related company is with Prime ammo and I think that's clearly going to be the exception rather than the rule. Oh, and I suspect that if I ever had a problem with my Alchemy 1911 I could probably speak to the owner ... but that's a semi-custom 1911 made in pretty limited numbers and costing $2,600 and up.

However, what is undeniable about LaRue is that they offer a good product at a very competitive price. There's another thread about "value" AR's. Whether or not you like Mark LaRue, his company does make products that are generally a very good value.

He's basically changed the after market trigger industry. The only two stage trigger that's really comparable to the MBT is Geissele, which costs 2=3 times as much. I have LaRue triggers on almost all of my AR's and they have never failed.

Ultimate Upper kits are also an outstanding value. Until recently you could purchase an assembled AR15 upper for under $800. Add a blemished lower receiver for $75 and you have an accurate, reliable rifle for under $900. Can't really think of anyone who sells a better rifle for less money.

Buy a large frame AR (again a very good value) and you can add a decent suppressor for under $400. Again, not aware of ANYONE who is offering a better deal on suppressors.

And you get a jar of Dillo Dust, a bottle opener and a copy of the Constitution to boot. Used to get a hat as well.
Let's pump the brakes a bit. Many owners are top flight people. Larue didn't change the trigger industry.

Ultimate Upper kits are also an outstanding value.

The triggers and UU kits are good values. The complete rifles are overpriced imo, but why change the price if people buy them??

Reactions: RUTGERS95
After an ignorant response from Mark on Instagram I’m more than likely going to pull the trigger on a Knights SR25. More than I wanted to spend but atleast I’m not giving money to someone who doesn’t deserve it.
The famous Larue experience!

😂

He's basically changed the after market trigger industry.

EL O EL:ROFLMAO:

For the OP, that is a blem, needs to be sent back for a full refund and buy another brand that doesn't use Ray Charles for QC. I'm spoiled by Mega(Tumwater) receivers but several out there as good.

The triggers and UU kits are good values. The complete rifles are overpriced imo, but why change the price if people buy them??
agree

I've had them all for personal and use and I prefer LMT but KAC is outstanding as well, just too much when LMT offers you that and more imho. LaRue is square in the value section now with similar pricing as Aero and M&P. Is what it is

For the OP, that is a blem, needs to be sent back for a full refund and buy another brand that doesn't use Ray Charles for QC. I'm spoiled by Mega(Tumwater) receivers but several out there as good.
Ray Charles would of caught those blems !!! :ROFLMAO:

Zev is my go to

1. They have nothing to do with each other. Chances are they are done on different machines anyway, especially with the prevalence of Fiber Lasers.

These are non critical dimensions. ATF stipulates identifying marks have to be 1/16" and .003 deep.

All guns are blems. All blems are just a way to sell more product without devaluing your brand/market. Its one of the oldest games in the gun industry. I got "non blems" than look 10 times worse than "blems" from the same manufacture. It means nothing.

Firearms are either safe to sell or not. No one is going to risk the liability of selling anything remotely suspect, much less advertise them as such.

Stop trying to make assumptions like if they do this.............then they may do this. Shit is nothing but made up conjecture.

Do you see anyone complaining that their Larue lowers don't work, or won't accept small parts kits, or have excessive slop?

No , so don't make up issues where none exist.

At the end of the day 95% of customer complains are due to customer ignorance and lack of experience. For every legit issue they get 20 calls or emails from people who couldn't open a seial box without instructions and pictures about how their product is defective.

It be one thing if here was massive gouges or obvious signs of abuse. These are not even worth talking about much less creating a thread trying to get the band of karens who don't even shoot riled up becuase their nails don't match their purses.
Holy fuck pal. Show us on the doll where the bad firearm got to you. You said a lot but failed to address the fundamental issues I stated in my response to you, which is paying full price for an item that is clearly a blem. And just because you have an opinion that there are no issues with their manufacturing (which there clearly was in the OP's instance and @bigjake83's instance) does not make it true.

And no, not all firearms are "blems." I know you're trying to justify your bullshit logic with a wall of text, but fuck all that. If all firearms are blems, then why do some manufacturers sell blems at a discounted price? Why do said blems have either very clear or very subtle differentiations in them? The Larue rifle I own does not have those tooling marks on the lower. If I post pics, could you show me where it's blemished? LMAO!!

Holy fuck pal. Show us on the doll where the bad firearm got to you. You said a lot but failed to address the fundamental issues I stated in my response to you, which is paying full price for an item that is clearly a blem. And just because you have an opinion that there are no issues with their manufacturing (which there clearly was in the OP's instance and @bigjake83's instance) does not make it true.

And no, not all firearms are "blems." I know you're trying to justify your bullshit logic with a wall of text, but fuck all that. If all firearms are blems, then why do some manufacturers sell blems at a discounted price? Why do said blems have either very clear or very subtle differentiations in them? The Larue rifle I own does not have those tooling marks on the lower. If I post pics, could you show me where it's blemished? LMAO!!
I just wanted to add that is some funny #hit right there!!! hahahahahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23 and FALex
I never understand why people give posters like the OP shit cause they are not satisfied with a defective product no matter the magnitude of the defect.

Yes, its aesthetics only in this case but if they can’t machine lettering perfectly why would you have confidence in them properly machining aspects that do impact fit and performance.

they should be embarrassed to send out lettering looking like that.

I’d send it back....or look to a different brand for this lower.

a d I notice that none of the folks throwing snark at the OP has offered to buy this item off of him....blemish and all.

Last edited:
Looks like persnickety fuckery to me. Much ado about nothing.

I stand by my statement re triggers. Name a similarly priced trigger that's comparable to LaRue MBT.

Rock River triggers are more expensive, not as nice and have had some breakage issues.

Geissele does make a trigger that's arguably better (slightly), but at 2-3 times the price.

Don't have any experience with Timney triggers, but they also look to be 2-3 times the price.

You may not like the owner or the company, but give LaRue their due: (a) Ultimate Uppers are an excellent value; (b) MBT trigger is superior to any competing trigger in it's price bracket; (c) Tranquilo suppressor is a ridiculous bargain at $400. And I like the hats, bottle openers and Dillo Dust.:)

Also, would love to see what they can do with a 1911 ... AR15 companies have made some great 1911's, just ask RRA.

Reactions: GUNNER10 and 6.5SH
I stand by my statement re triggers. Name a similarly priced trigger that's comparable to LaRue MBT.

Rock River triggers are more expensive, not as nice and have had some breakage issues.

Geissele does make a trigger that's arguably better (slightly), but at 2-3 times the price.

Don't have any experience with Timney triggers, but they also look to be 2-3 times the price.

You may not like the owner or the company, but give LaRue their due: (a) Ultimate Uppers are an excellent value; (b) MBT trigger is superior to any competing trigger in it's price bracket; (c) Tranquilo suppressor is a ridiculous bargain at $400. And I like the hats, bottle openers and Dillo Dust.:)

I prefer single stage, I have had very good luck with CMC

I don’t see what triggers have to do with sub par quality control and a don’t care attitude however. Don’t care how cheap your...well cheap products are, rather pay a little more for a better company who takes enough pride to be diligent about what they send out, and has a honor and self respect to own any screw ups on their part and make it right. This is especially true with a firearm product.

I did a custom pistol build, I wanted a CMC trigger to match my AR, however I wanted a custom color (black with gold safety tab) and I wanted all the steel parts to be sent out to a place I know to be polished and TiN treated, CMC accommodated this and didn’t even charge me more, even took the one off and packaged it, I almost didn’t want to open it lol

2867-B788-3-EED-4-EAF-A963-E6-D967-E7-E8-B0.jpg

The rifle trigger was just a standard straight single stage, but the company and product was just as top notch.

Last edited:

Whoop-de-fucking-do!!!!!!!

So after 20 years of LaRue producing overrated and overpriced gas guns He's finally made a product worthwhile..

And just to clarify his AR-15/Small Frame ultimate upper kits are in fact a pretty decent deal..BUT!!! His large frame ultimate upper kits suck ass!! The fit of his Large Frame UU Kits on "HIS" Lower receivers are absolute dog shit!, Complete rattle box. On top of all that he no longer sells the large frame ultimate upper kits with the chrome BCG, he didn't even publicly announce that he was making the change. He just removed all photos of his ultimate upper kits with the chromed BCG from his website and started sending them out with a plain black BCG.

Last edited:
Reactions: FALex and GUNNER10

Also, would love to see what they can do with a 1911 ... AR15 companies have made some great 1911's, just ask RRA.

I am not a fan of Larue's antics but he does put out a solid product, Period. I have KAC, LMT, Geiselle, and LT triggers and its a damn good product for the money.

In regards to the OP's questions, especially with respects to AR's I am not sure what the hell a premium rifle is, what a blem is, and how much a blem should be discounted.

When I think of Premium guns, I think something like a surgeon scalpel, or a GAP Crusader, maybe a some higher end 1911 for pistols, or some euro shotgun with deer engravings. For AR's, Maybe JP? I don't consider any of the mil guns premium.

Hell, as a scar owner who dropped 3 grand on my 17, if I knew nothing about a Scar or any of the euro AR18's, and you laid a Scar and Beretta ARX on the table ask my thoughts on the two, after a five minute once over, I would ask what group of retards made these rifles. Based on my first hand with everything ranging from An94's and VSS's to Iranian G3's I would guess that scar could of been made by in Spain. If you told me the ARX could be found for 599 retail at one point and ask me guess how much the scar was I would probably guess 499. But for some reason, both FN and the marketplace place a premium on that rifle.

Personally speaking, If my SR25 had the same blemishes on the logo, it would register a zero for me.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
Whoop-de-fucking-do!!!!!!!

So after 20 years of LaRue producing overrated and overpriced gas guns He's finally made a product worthwhile..

And just to clarify his AR-15/Small Frame ultimate upper kits are in fact a pretty decent deal..BUT!!! His large frame ultimate upper kits suck ass!! The fit of his Large Frame UU Kits on "HIS" Lower receivers are absolute dog shit!, Complete rattle box. On top of all that he no longer sells the large frame ultimate upper kits with the chrome BCG, he didn't even publicly announce that he was making the change. He just removed all photos of his ultimate upper kits with the chromed BCG from his website and started sending them out with a plain black BCG.
In LT's defense,

You are looking at around 1300 for a large frame upper kit and lower, if you subtract the MB and 2 mags he forces you to buy with the kit. That puts the Large frame upper kit in direct competition with PSA as they sell theirs for around 1250.

Thats really how one needs to look at the LT UU Kits, Its a bargain basement kit. Nothing more, nothing less.

Or due to the frequency and location of those inclusions, they are part of the design to make it look more rustic. I actually think they look cool.

They are billet lowers, not forged or castings. So its either by code or some wonky tool work gone wrong. If you look at where they are it looks like a pattern.

You really don't know what your talking about. $300 is about the going rate for a billet lower, some more depending on features.

These lowers are ONLY sold to people with Larue uppers so they are a small production limited item.

No one is selling Chinese lowers, especially Larue.

Everytime I think I have read the dumbest shit in here, some says hold my beer and watch this.
Look at larue lowers, they are not designed with those tooling marks and this is not just bad anodizing. These marks are made because the machine has malfunctioned. This lower went through several steps in production, and several hands before it was packed. So if this tooling is getting missed, it is safe to believe that other tooling and quality control is being overlooked.

knights, LMT, hk, NightForce, exc. are considered high quality because of their quality control, paying extra attention to detail and taking full responsibility in error. This puts them above others, this is why people pay a premium for their product.

In LT's defense,

You are looking at around 1300 for a large frame upper kit and lower, if you subtract the MB and 2 mags he forces you to buy with the kit. That puts the Large frame upper kit in direct competition with PSA as they sell theirs for around 1250.

Thats really how one needs to look at the LT UU Kits, Its a bargain basement kit. Nothing more, nothing less.

I picked up a UU kit in 6.5 Creedmoor for my neighbor last month, And that is the one thing that shocked me the most was how poorly the LaRue Upper fit in a larue lower you'd think of all things they would have made it fit their lower perfectly, I'm not talking about just a little bit of slop here It literally rattles side to side.

I picked up a UU kit in 6.5 Creedmoor for my neighbor last month, And that is the one thing that shocked me the most was how poorly the LaRue Upper fit in a larue lower you'd think of all things they would have made it fit their lower perfectly, I'm not talking about just a little bit of slop here It literally rattles side to side.
Seriously? Post a video of this. Their stuff is usually overly tight.

Seriously? Post a video of this. Their stuff is usually overly tight.
Their complete production rifles yes are a perfect fit but the large frame UU kits on a LaRue OBR Lower fits like dog shit. You can Google it I've seen the same complaint on several forums.

I'll see if my neighbors home tomorrow and shoot a video.

Please do. I own 3 UU rifles and have built 4, none of them are as you described. If you chose to not have them fix a problem that is on you.

NO ONE is perfect. One of my UU kits shipped with an index pin that wasn't driven in all the way. There was no argument and they replaced the barrel with no hassle. That rifle is a 1/2 MOA hammer.

Another was a 6.5 Grendel that was at best a 3 MOA gun. I Gaslighted myself that it was my ammo/scope/bench technique until I had someone else shoot it who said it was just a bad barrel, send it back. I documented what had transpired (A YEAR after it shipped!) and they replaced the barrel and provided a 1/2 MOA test target and sent it back with no cost to me. Yes it took 3 months, but given what was going on was entirely reasonable.

I received my new 7.62 lower and noticed blemishes along most of the lettering in LaRue’s logo. Normally, small blemishes don’t bother me, but this is a build where I have quality at the utmost importance. No, it won’t affect function I know that, but I’m still not happy with it. It’s also a $300 piece.

I sent LaRue pictures and they offered to swap it out for a lower with less of these markings which sort of had me scratching my head.

I’m going to attach two images to see if it’s something that would bother you guys. I may end up selling it and try again in a month or so, maybe they’ll find out how to machine their logo correctly.

OP, ask for a return shipping label and send the lower back to them. If they send another that is a blem, refuse it. It is in their warranty statement.

Lifetime Guarantee​

NOTE ON OUR LIFETIME WARRANTY FROM THE OWNER.
All LaRue Tactical components are to be installed by a qualified gunsmith, or United States military small arms technician.
"Hey! A truck ran over my Aimpoint in your mount!" - In a case such as this, your LaRue Tactical mount will be replaced at no-charge, but you will need to contact your insurance agent in regards to the Aimpoint. ;^)
The other day, our Customer Service folks got a tomato can back, that someone wanted a refund on (just kidding, maybe not). As everyone knows, on products we make, our guarantee is "If you ain't happy, then we ain't happy". Anyhow, the guys wanted me to set some sort of limits on the stuff we don't make (from outside vendors), so here they are: Just return any new and unused item to us within 15 days from the date delivered to you. Include a copy of your receipt and we will issue a refund, it's that simple. There won't be a restocking charge. Both Sales Tax and Shipping charges are not refundable, so don't expect us to send it back and forth so's you can try it on.
All warranties are through the manufacturer only; no warranties are expressed or implied by us here at LaRue Tactical. Prices do not include shipping and handling. Texas residents add 8.25% sales tax. Prices are subject to change without notice. LT is not responsible for mis-prints or errors, heck... we all know folks can goof-up. And once you mount a scope it becomes "used product" and used products are not eligible for refund, exchange, or return (placing the scope in rings constitutes mounting). So remember, when you mount it in rings, it's yours. We only ship to addresses in the USA.
As for LaRue-Made items, we'll give you a full 30 days to figure out if it suits you. We're now having to say this because we got some stuff returned for a refund that we were quite sure was obtained off of eBay. :-( Give some of these rascals an inch and ... :^)
"We do make upgrades to existing designs from time to time, and before some of you guys ask, no, your purchase doesn't come with a lifetime of free upgrades."
-Mark LaRue

Please do. I own 3 UU rifles and have built 4, none of them are as you described. If you chose to not have them fix a problem that is on you.

NO ONE is perfect. One of my UU kits shipped with an index pin that wasn't driven in all the way. There was no argument and they replaced the barrel with no hassle. That rifle is a 1/2 MOA hammer.

Another was a 6.5 Grendel that was at best a 3 MOA gun. I Gaslighted myself that it was my ammo/scope/bench technique until I had someone else shoot it who said it was just a bad barrel, send it back. I documented what had transpired (A YEAR after it shipped!) and they replaced the barrel and provided a 1/2 MOA test target and sent it back with no cost to me. Yes it took 3 months, but given what was going on was entirely reasonable.

You own a Large Frame UU kit right now? While we're waiting for me to submit a video could you please show us how yours has a tight fit?

You own a Large Frame UU kit right now? While we're waiting for me to submit a video could you please show us how yours has a tight fit?
I own a .223 Wylde, 6.5 Grendel and 6.5 Creedmoor

I own a .223 Wylde, 6.5 Grendel and 6.5 Creedmoor

Awesome can I see how the 6.5CM fits on your LaRue lower.

On the one that I had you could literally clamp the OBR lower in a vice and then shake the UU side to side.
Because if yours fits snug like a production rifle that tells me there are huge variances in the tolerances with
LaRue products.

Awesome can I see how the 6.5CM fits on your LaRue lower.

On the one that I had you could literally clamp the OBR lower in a vice and then shake the UU side to side.
Seriously send it back then, that is not normal. They may be slow with backlogs, but they are not unreasonable. I will try and video the fit on mine.

Seriously send it back then, that is not normal. They may be slow with backlogs, but they are not unreasonable. I will try and video the fit on mine.

That would be a huge help because I tried the 6.5 Creedmoor UU on two different OBR lowers that I personally own and on a friends PredatObr and it was losses on all of them.

I received my new 7.62 lower and noticed blemishes along most of the lettering in LaRue’s logo. Normally, small blemishes don’t bother me, but this is a build where I have quality at the utmost importance. No, it won’t affect function I know that, but I’m still not happy with it. It’s also a $300 piece.

I sent LaRue pictures and they offered to swap it out for a lower with less of these markings which sort of had me scratching my head.

I’m going to attach two images to see if it’s something that would bother you guys. I may end up selling it and try again in a month or so, maybe they’ll find out how to machine their logo correctly.

I think that makes the logo look pretty cool, in my opinion. You're the only one that will ever notice unless you bring it up in conversation.

Return it if you want. It's your money you paid for the item.

Ok what the fuck. Does larue suck or not? I read I don't know how many posts about how great the Larue MBT triggers are so I bought one (seems good dry firing it) now I hear Larue is shit. Are we supposed to buy from them or not? :unsure:
Edit . And yes it came with stickers.
LaRue is good to go. I've never had an issue with anything from them.

That would be a huge help because I tried the 6.5 Creedmoor UU on two different OBR lowers that I personally own and on a friends PredatObr and it was losses on all of them.

The large frames are not tight. I had to shim mine to get it to fit properly (no rattle/wobble), and this was with the UU lower.

Numerous ppl have reported the same issue.

Reactions: bigjake83
The large frames are not tight. I had to shim mine to get it to fit properly (no rattle/wobble), and this was with the UU lower.

Numerous ppl have reported the same issue.
With todays CNC machinery why would anyone produce a rattling AR , if they are using a Black and Decker hand drill and rat tail bastard file then I can see the purpose of the extra slop between the upper and lower.

• Haha
Reactions: FALex
I bought a 16” PredatOBR a couple years back. I was very impressed with the accuracy but after 200ish rounds & couple weeks of playing with the thing.
The charging handle was getting chewed up on a noticeable jagged edge on the inside of the upper receiver.

I called customer service & the dude was a lil short with me. Saying it was normal wear & asking about my experience with AR’s. Not rude but not great.

I asked for a replacement or a refund. And he got me a shipping label for the upper.
A couple weeks later I got a replacement upper. No info on what they had found or anything like that.

Unfortunately the new upper isn’t in the same ballpark as far as accuracy. The first barrel was a tackdriver.
I’ve kinda just sidelined the gun.

I think the Larue bashing is a lil overboard, just has the Rabid fanbois are. They have their strengths & weaknesses just as any company does.

After comments about large frame UU's I went and checked mine. And for the record, I bought the UU that was designed to fit on an Aeroprecision receiver, not the LaRue receiver. Again, part of my theory of why buy a $300 receiver when I can find one for under $200.

OP would lose his mind if he saw how the upper and lower match up. Visually, it is a disaster.

However, the upper and the lower lock up tight as a drum. No play whatsoever. And the gun shoots lights out, so no impact on performance.

Plus, LaRue let me order a suppressor at their reduced price ($400) about 2 years after I bought the upper.

But for those of you obsessed with how your AR looks, rather than how it functions, I have a suggestion:

https://www.amazon.com/Applicator-R...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=