• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blemished bullet sale @ Midwayusa right now

Re: Blemished bullet sale @ Midwayusa right now

I got boxes of 80gr 224 "Polymer tipped spitzer boat tails", I mean AMAX's, and 30 cal 178gr HPBT's and I'll eat my hat if they're not Hornady's. They come in a blue Midway marked plastic box tho.

I ordered the 168g poly tip 308 bullets and in the past they have always been red as in Amax but this time they were lime green, Im assuming they will still fly the same as the Amax's.

Picked up a box of 500 .308 220gr HPBT for use with my 300 Blackout.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcrich</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered the 168g poly tip 308 bullets and in the past they have always been red as in Amax but this time they were lime green, Im assuming they will still fly the same as the Amax's. </div></div>

Lime green? That should be the tips they use in Zombie Max ammo. Which is the same as V max.

Just received 5 boxes of .224 55 grain spitzers and I'll be damned if I can find a blemish on one of them.

I ordered the 1,000 178gr boat tail with polymer tip, aka 178 AMAX & 500 of the 208 AMAX...There are definetly small scuffs and marks on the jackets here and there...some boxes are worse than others.

I've shot pulled 175SMK with very obvious pull marks, and they still shot sub-moa...las in < 0.5" groups at 100yards...I dont expect the very small blems on these bullets to be significant...but then again, i've never shot blems past 300yards...

Hope they got a new counter/inspector from last years group.
Would like to get in on it but swore myself off Midway after their lack of customer service lately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcrich</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered the 168g poly tip 308 bullets and in the past they have always been red as in Amax but this time they were lime green, Im assuming they will still fly the same as the Amax's. </div></div>

Lime green? That should be the tips they use in Zombie Max ammo. Which is the same as V max. </div></div> aren't Vmax flat based? These are boat tail.

Ordered 1500 of the 53gr V-Max's and some other stuff that was on my wish list. I usually just keep adding stuff to my wish list until they have a blem sale, and then order what I want with the bullets. Works out quite nicely!

the 168 could also be a nosler BT in 168gr. all the .30 nosler bt bullets are green tip, although its more of a medium green

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the 168 could also be a nosler BT in 168gr. all the .30 nosler bt bullets are green tip, although its more of a medium green </div></div>
I've seen those noslers before and these are more of lime green not like the noslers. It's gotta be from the Zombie line from Hornady.

I got the 168gr Match HPBT, I believe they are Hornady Match with a G1 of .450

very interesting, who cares what colour they are, as long as they fly straight.
gonna try a few of them.
thanx for the heads up.

I bought some 7mm and .270 blemished bullets. Prices seemed good. I'm loading the 7mm now with H-414. Should be interesting.