• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blow up this gun poll

Re: Blow up this gun poll

Well...it is already pretty lop-sided since it is roughly 22k against stricter gun control to 1.5k in favor at 19:22.

I was Number 25,000 !!!!! Do I get a Prize ?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was Number 25,000 !!!!! Do I get a Prize ?
grin.gif
</div></div>

LOL, almost 27,000 participants and only 6% for stricter laws. How many Hide members are there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was Number 25,000 !!!!! Do I get a Prize ?
grin.gif
</div></div>

Of course, you get to vote again.
laugh.gif

I noticed it allows the user to vote as many times as they want. As noted before, not very scientific.

God Bless,
David B.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was Number 25,000 !!!!! Do I get a Prize ?
grin.gif
</div></div>

LOL, almost 27,000 participants and only 6% for stricter laws. How many Hide members are there? </div></div>

Around 40,000 I think,but a lot are not very active.Add up the other Pro 2A sites and Pro Gun,we number in the Millions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If this isn't gun related enough or too political, I'll gladly delete</div></div>.

No need to sweat. This isn't THR.

Here is another poll, we're currently losing 23-77.

Copy and paste it so they don't see tons of redirects from gun sites. Not sure if that really matters though.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code:</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" ><pre>http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/01/10/2011-01-10_chilling_shrine_in_madmans_yard.html</pre></div></div>

Polls don't matter, especially unscientific ones like this one. Fox's audience is largely conservative, thus the numbers we want to see. The NY Daily News caters to the other side of the aisle. Both demographically and geographically, they're definitely anti-gun.

The larger picture is that the US Supreme Court has struck down handgun bans in the past couple years. The 2d Amendment is a constitutional issue, which means that most laws will end up in the SC's hands. A split Congress, as currently exists, won't pass any national gun legislation. You'd have to get it through both houses of Congress. With the House Repub, it won't pass there. The Senate has enough pro-gun Dems that it likely wouldn't pass there either. The one issue we have to be concerned about is another assault weapons/hi-cap magazine ban. Plan your purchases accordingly.

It was about 33600 against when I voted on it. It has also been taken down, there is now one about should bambam talk about political discourse in his speech at the funeral. I hope the family doesn't allow any speechs because if bambam gives a speech it will became about his speech instead of paying last respects the the departed.