• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blues music

Was just listening to this while I was in the shower. After I got out and was getting dressed my oldest son came in and asked, “What’s this music? It sounds really good.” I don’t think I’ve ever been more proud to be a father or closer to crying in my life

Whooo! Dat old shit is the best!

This isn’t blues but it’s definitely powerful

Reactions: acudaowner
While not really "blues" by any stretch of the imagination, it is what it is.
It's a very skilled old man just having fun playing the guitar, and a very nice Maten guitar at that.
I'm not quite the level this guy is, but I can most certainly hold my own and play a Martin D28 custom.
I can say this for a fact, this guy was not trying to play a certain song, he was not trying to impress....he was having fun.
Isn't that what it's all about anyway ?
Funny how when I just go off and play like this people don't understand, I'll mix pieces and parts of songs along with just something that sounded like something and just run with it......why don't they just understand it's all about the fun ?

Reactions: The D
Just noticed my link to Smokestack Lightnin got removed by the original poster. That’s unacceptable, any conversation about blues music needs to include this song

Found a new favorite song. I found a video with a copy of the lyrics to follow along with also. Charley Patton was a notorious drinker and womanizer so he was most likely blackout drunk when this was recorded. He’s also hard to understand because he had his fucking throat slit during a performance and kept performing! He probably has one of the most quintessential lyrics ever in this song; “My baby’s got a heart like a piece of railroad steel”. Anyway, enjoy

And can’t forget some of that Appalachian hillbilly blues. Dock Boggs for the win

Not sure if I posted this already. Don’t care though, this song is fucking awesome

Reactions: Govt Mule
My favorite of the old black bluesmen... :cool:
He’s not my favorite, but I love me some Lightnin Hopkins. My favorite is kind of a toss up between Son House or Charley Patton

I get on YouTube kicks every once in a while. I’ll find some album on YouTube and listen while I’m in the shower or doing stuff around the house. Lately it’s been Charley Patton or Mississippi Fred McDowell

Otis popped up on a Spotify station that I was listening to last night, so I decided to make a station of him today and really hear his body of work.

Reactions: The D
Another good compilation video. I’m gonna have to remember this one

Reactions: tomcatmv
Jake and Elwood.

End thread :/
1669219966147.gif

Another great vid. Eric Gales plays left handed on a right handed guitar, but not restrung.

Nice you know about Eric. I love many of the old masters: Howlin' Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Blind Willie Johnson, Robert Johnson, etc. But when I stumbled on Eric a couple years ago, I was hooked.

Since I didn't see Howlin' mentioned yet

Eric