• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Body armor control

You almost got a Darwin award

I was alot younger when I was fucking off , had two friends standing close by as well. By luck I must of had my arm dead level and perpendicular to the wall for the bullet to come straight back at me like it did. Never had confidence in that 380 because it bounced off everything I shot at which was the reason I retired it and got a 45 instead.

Reactions: Huskydriver

Bullets matter more then the type of round that armor isn't even level 4.

.50 BMG won't even have to actually go through any type of personal armor to be effective. The round packs up to 12,000 foot pounds at a close to midrange impact. That energy dump alone will fuck anyone up, regardless of penetration. Just like some soft body armor is said to be rated for .357 and .44 magnums... Sure, they might stop a .357 or .44 Mag from going through, but you ain't gonna want to take a hit from one of these either...

I probably wont kill you though, or put you out of action right away. It doesn't take that much area to spread the force out. If that wasn't the case it wouldn't be possible to shoot a .50 BMG without a muzzle brake, and that is clearly possible. I saw a guy do it once at the range at Quantico, and seemed uninjured from it, although he was a big guy, and he was standing.

I probably wont kill you though, or put you out of action right away. It doesn't take that much area to spread the force out. If that wasn't the case it wouldn't be possible to shoot a .50 BMG without a muzzle brake, and that is clearly possible. I saw a guy do it once at the range at Quantico, and seemed uninjured from it, although he was a big guy, and he was standing.

I've done the next best thing... shooting a suppressed Bolt .50 with no brake.
That will wake you the hell up in a hurry. Pretty much like getting kicked in the cheek by a mule.

I was smacking a 20”D x 1/4” plate earlier this afternoon at 1000yds with 50BMG. It is incredibly violent. The energy transfer to your chest alone would kill you, of this I have no doubt.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I accidentally shot holes in my 5/8" AR500 plate at 300 yards with a 300 RUM and trophy bonded bullets. I was just shooting them to get the brass and thought I was missing the target but it went right through it. My mistake but learned a lot.

I was smacking a 20”D x 1/4” plate earlier this afternoon at 1000yds with 50BMG. It is incredibly violent. The energy transfer to your chest alone would kill you, of this I have no doubt.

Bullet construction is what really matters. There are .50 BMG bullets that will break apart before they penetrate, and fail to transfer the energy into the body. I think that is whats happening in the video I posted the bullet is expanding on the armor, and the bottom, and sides of the vest are being blown out by fragments carrying a lot of the bullets energy. I am sure it would break ribs, but blunt force isn't something that is sure to kill.

Safariland also has an insurance liability policy should the vest ever fail.
Moisture is the enemy of the ballistic material in the vest. Don't soak in the tub and it will last a long time.

Really??? Guys go down from AK rounds collapsing lungs and breaking ribs... Sure they live but your combat ineffective.

You think your going to stay on your feet with a 50 lol?

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Really??? Guys go down from AK rounds collapsing lungs and breaking ribs... Sure they live but your combat ineffective.

You think your going to stay on your feet with a 50 lol?

Knights, or shall I reword it, reenactors of knightly tournaments during the Maximilian and late Renaissance eras used blunted lances that were deliberately designed to shatter into a thousand pieces upon impact during jousting matches. Many competitors still sustained fatal injuries in the ring due to the impacts from these. I will not underestimate more than 400 foot-pounds of blunt force striking directly over the heart. It takes much less than that to seriously disrupt cardiac function, as demonstrated by martial artists who teach fatal chest-strike manuevers.

Any time uncle sam wants to ban something, it makes me want to buy it. That generally means if it's illegal or restricted, it's because it provides us an advantage. Of course, it's all in the name of safety.