• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boise State SLAUGHTERS TCU

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    That should generate at least one good comment
    crazy.gif

Re: Boise State SLAUGHTERS TCU

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The winner is Boise State in the battle of the non-BCS irrelevant bowl! </div></div>

It sure would have been nice if they would have let them both play against good BCS teams to see how they really stack up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GcH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The winner is Boise State in the battle of the non-BCS irrelevant bowl! </div></div>

It sure would have been nice if they would have let them both play against good BCS teams to see how they really stack up. </div></div>

We did.

When Cincinnati, another one of those "we're good enough, and people like us" teams went up against a BCS team, they got their asses handed too them. I watched the game and Cincinnati looked pathetic.

waiting...must still be at work
    whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    We did.

When Cincinnati, another one of those "we're good enough, and people like us" teams went up against a BCS team, they got their asses handed too them. I watched the game and Cincinnati looked pathetic. </div></div>

But to let them play each other, the winner will try to make a bid to be co-champions since there will be two undefeated teams. Of course, if one of them would have played Florida and beat them, they would have a real chance of getting named co champion. Less to risk for the BCS bunch this way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GcH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    We did.

When Cincinnati, another one of those "we're good enough, and people like us" teams went up against a BCS team, they got their asses handed too them. I watched the game and Cincinnati looked pathetic. </div></div>

But to let them play each other, the winner will try to make a bid to be co-champions since there will be two undefeated teams. Of course, if one of them would have played Florida and beat them, they would have a real chance of getting named co champion. Less to risk for the BCS bunch this way.</div></div>

Really, risk for the BCS? Look at the mirror, your cynicism is showing.
    It amazes me how these teams play little sisters of the mountains and people act like they're some secret. The second best team in your conference went 8-5 and we're supposed to believe Boise State has a tough schedule? You beat one big conference team and you think your worthy of a national championship or even to play for it? How many top 25 teams did Alabama have to roll through to get to the big game? A hell of a lot more than BSU. It's one big conspiracy perpetrated by every voting sports writer, coach et al to keep these teams down right? If I was a sports writer I would WANT to see the match up. Think of their readership.

And please, don't give me that "we're undefeated and getting robbed" BS. You're undefeated beating who? Only four out of nine teams in the conference had a winning schedule.

In 2004 Auburn went undefeated and didn't play for a national championship and they're in a BCS conference. Why? Because they played a weaker schedule and their winning margins were less than those that did go on and play.

And don't get me started on TCU.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BSU 7 TCU 0 at 11:16 in the 1st QTR.

Early yet. </div></div>

Thanks, I dont get Fox...updates welcome

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BSU 7 TCU 0 at 11:16 in the 1st QTR.

Early yet. </div></div>

Thanks, I dont get Fox...updates welcome </div></div>

10-10 with 13:37 left in the 4th. Hardly considered a slaughter tied at 10. Just sayin'.

Im following it on the computer....sounds like a good game

Esp the cheerleaders

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TCU needs to pull it out. </div></div>

of what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GcH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    We did.

But to let them play each other, the winner will try to make a bid to be co-champions since there will be two undefeated teams. Of course, if one of them would have played Florida and beat them, they would have a real chance of getting named co champion. Less to risk for the BCS bunch this way.</div></div>

Really, risk for the BCS? Look at the mirror, your cynicism is showing.
    It amazes me how these teams play little sisters of the mountains and people act like they're some secret. The second best team in your conference went 8-5 and we're supposed to believe Boise State has a tough schedule? You beat one big conference team and you think your worthy of a national championship or even to play for it? How many top 25 teams did Alabama have to roll through to get to the big game? A hell of a lot more than BSU. It's one big conspiracy perpetrated by every voting sports writer, coach et al to keep these teams down right? If I was a sports writer I would WANT to see the match up. Think of their readership.

And please, don't give me that "we're undefeated and getting robbed" BS. You're undefeated beating who? Only four out of nine teams in the conference had a winning schedule.

In 2004 Auburn went undefeated and didn't play for a national championship and they're in a BCS conference. Why? Because they played a weaker schedule and their winning margins were less than those that did go on and play.

And don't get me started on TCU. </div></div>

Despite the ATTITUDE I think if you win the games you deserve the shot at the top

Shit, they won. Now I get to hear the bandwagon talk about this for the next five years. FML

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shit, they won. Now I get to hear the bandwagon talk about this for the next five years. FML </div></div>

LOL... That is funny.

If either of those two teams had to play half of Alabama's schedule they wouldn't have been undefeated, they don't deserve a share of the championship and if they would have played Florida they would have been crushed much like Cincinnati, so Roll Tide Roll here comes our 13th national championship to go along with our 6 first team all Americans (most ever) and Heisman trophy winner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">If either of those two teams had to play half of Alabama's schedule they wouldn't have been undefeated, they don't deserve a share of the championship</span> and if they would have played Florida they would have been crushed much like Cincinnati, so Roll Tide Roll here comes our 13th national championship to go along with our 6 first team all Americans (most ever) and Heisman trophy winner. </div></div>

Hater.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">If either of those two teams had to play half of Alabama's schedule they wouldn't have been undefeated, they don't deserve a share of the championship</span> and if they would have played Florida they would have been crushed much like Cincinnati, so Roll Tide Roll here comes our 13th national championship to go along with our 6 first team all Americans (most ever) and Heisman trophy winner. </div></div>

Hater. </div></div>

Shankster I like your style simple yet effective

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If either of those two teams had to play half of Alabama's schedule they wouldn't have been undefeated, they don't deserve a share of the championship and if they would have played Florida they would have been crushed much like Cincinnati, so Roll Tide Roll here comes our 13th national championship to go along with our 6 first team all Americans (most ever) and Heisman trophy winner.</div></div>

Call up some "big conference" teams like Alabama and ask them to grow a pair and agree to play Boise State for one of their non-conference games. Aside from their conference, they have a hard time getting a "tough" schedule, because none of the top teams will agree to play them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boise State athletic director Gene Bleymaier is all but begging for a major opponent – any major opponent – to play his Broncos, particularly in 2011. He can hardly get his calls returned. Not by the SEC. Not by the Big Ten. Not by anyone.

Bleymaier is making a nearly unheard of offer in college football scheduling – Boise will bring its popular, high-profile, top-10 team to any stadium in any town to play any big name team in America in 2011. And they don’t have to return the date in Idaho.

So far, no one has bit.

ESPN has even become involved trying to broker a deal that will almost assuredly be nationally televised. Still no luck.
    </div></div>

College football needs a national playoff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Despite the ATTITUDE I think if you win the games you deserve the shot at the top</div></div>

Despite your delusions of grandeur it wont happen. Teams in Div. II and III go undefeated all the time. Should they get a shot at the title too? It's only fair right? They go undefeated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Call up some "big conference" teams like Alabama and ask them to grow a pair and agree to play Boise State for one of their non-conference games. Aside from their conference, they have a hard time getting a "tough" schedule, because none of the top teams will agree to play them. </div></div>

I've got to thank you because I enjoy starting the day off with a hearty laugh. "Big conference teams" play more top 10 oppenents than BSU will ever dream about playing but they've got to "grow a pair" and play some little school that will do nothing to promote their strength of schedule. Sure BSU will benefit but others will not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boise State athletic director Gene Bleymaier is all but begging for a major opponent – any major opponent – to play his Broncos, particularly in 2011. He can hardly get his calls returned. Not by the SEC. Not by the Big Ten. Not by anyone.

Bleymaier is making a nearly unheard of offer in college football scheduling – Boise will bring its popular, high-profile, top-10 team to any stadium in any town to play any big name team in America in 2011. And they don’t have to return the date in Idaho.

So far, no one has bit.</div></div>

And this. This is nothing but grandstanding at best. Bleymaier is a politician. He knows damn well that the schedules are created YEARS in advance and all of his rhetoric serves no other purpose than to rial up his student body and fans. See where your quote says "particularly in 2011". Why do you think that is? Do think Florida, Alabama, Texas, USC are scrambling around looking for someone to play in 2011? No way, because that schedule was set years ago.

Don't worry BSU, your time will come. Your time will come when you go into Gainesville or Death Valley or the Coliseum and dig you're own grave.

After the way you slaughtered TCU, oh wait, you barely beat them by 7 and luckily got an interception as TCU was marching down the field on you to score again. You are right though, you showed by barely beating a mediocre team that you have every right to play for a national championship
    whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We did.

When Cincinnati, another one of those "we're good enough, and people like us" teams went up against a BCS team, they got their asses handed too them. I watched the game and Cincinnati looked pathetic.</div></div>

There were also some extenuating circumstances surrounding the Cincy team. A coach that left them high and dry, the interim coach having a new job waiting for him and the new coaching standing on the sidelines w/ a thumb up his ass. Not exactly the ideal situation to give the best performance. I believe Florida still would've won, but it would've been more competitive and not such an embarrassment for the Big East.

BTW, I do remember another "we're good enough, and people like us" WVU team beating Georgia in the 2005 season Sugar Bowl, Boise State beating Oklahoma and Utah beating Alabama (rather decisively) last year. Notwithstanding is the thumping Hawaii took from Georgia.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really, risk for the BCS? Look at the mirror, your cynicism is showing.

This is the exact reason why a playoff would be better. It would weed out the teams that don't deserve to be there. The current system is flawed, but better than what was in the past.

Beating a high profile team once in a while does not detract from a mediocre schedule. If schedule doesn't count for anything than why not schedule Temple, Columbia and all of the bottom Div. I teams? You would blow them out and look like heroes. It would be like the USA invading Lichtenstein.

No one denies anything can happen on any given Saturday; that's one of the highlights about college football. However we're talking about consistent victory against national powerhouses not Idaho, Nevada and UC Davis.

I do agree that the system is flawed but I also believe the flaw is overrated and used as a crutch.

Here's a question for the BSU fans. If BSU is "out of their league" playing in the WAC and they really want to show themselves as a top notch team, why doesn't the AD call for movement into a BCS conference instead of grandstanding about how no one will play them? Why doesn't BSU go to the Pac-10 or Big 10 or even the Big 12 for that matter? Get into a legitimate conference and run the schedule. THEN you have a leg to stand on. But right now if I'm a sports writer or a coach voting in the BCS poll and I see BSU beating schools like Bowling Green, Tulsa by only 7, Miami (OH) I'm not impressed. You beat USC, Ohio State, Alabama, Texas on a consistent year after year basis and then you get the votes. But until that happens BSU will be relegated to the "Yes, they're good but" category. Sorry but that's reality as it stands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If either of those two teams had to play half of Alabama's schedule they wouldn't have been undefeated,</div></div>

Amen!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call up some "big conference" teams like Alabama and ask them to grow a pair and agree to play Boise State for one of their non-conference games. Aside from their conference, they have a hard time getting a "tough" schedule, because none of the top teams will agree to play them. </div></div>

Why should they? Playing Boise would not strengthen their schedule.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RBE17</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We did.

When Cincinnati, another one of those "we're good enough, and people like us" teams went up against a BCS team, they got their asses handed too them. I watched the game and Cincinnati looked pathetic.</div></div>

There were also some extenuating circumstances surrounding the Cincy team. A coach that left them high and dry, the interim coach having a new job waiting for him and the new coaching standing on the sidelines w/ a thumb up his ass. Not exactly the ideal situation to give the best performance. I believe Florida still would've won, but it would've been more competitive and not such an embarrassment for the Big East.

BTW, I do remember another "we're good enough, and people like us" WVU team beating Georgia in the 2005 season Sugar Bowl, Boise State beating Oklahoma and Utah beating Alabama (rather decisively) last year. Notwithstanding is the thumping Hawaii took from Georgia.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really, risk for the BCS? Look at the mirror, your cynicism is showing.

This is the exact reason why a playoff would be better. It would weed out the teams that don't deserve to be there. The current system is flawed, but better than what was in the past. </div></div>

The only extenuating circumstance I saw in the situation was the fact the a SEC division 1 team handed Cinci their ass by what? 37 points? That is horrible and in no way lets you call yourself a good team with or without the head coach. Texas Tech won their bowl game without their head coach....

No other conference nor division can handle SEC teams... its just to tough of a conference. So for Alabama to beat everyone and then whip FL they have every right to be champs, which they will be when they beat TX.

I want everyone to hope off the bandwagon of we went undefeated... so what your division 2 and most highschool teams around my state could beat you. Boise state might be decent but if they played Alabama in a game.... it would be the most horrific game ever played. why you ask? BAMA would slaughter them. they cant hang with that team, we are division one for a reason.

SEC is THE toughest conference to play in, period. Care to argue that point? Go do a little reading on ESPN and see who has the most wins and championships.... SEC teams.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RBE17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    There were also some extenuating circumstances surrounding the Cincy team. A coach that left them high and dry, the interim coach having a new job waiting for him and the new coaching standing on the sidelines w/ a thumb up his ass. Not exactly the ideal situation to give the best performance. I believe Florida still would've won, but it would've been more competitive and not such an embarrassment for the Big East. </div></div>

Thanks for reminding me KYSHOOTER

Another piss poor excuse by a team from the Big Easy conference. "our coach left us".

Did the players change?
    Did the plays change?
    Wasn't the interim coach part of the original staff?
    Don't you think an "interim" coach would like to go into a new job with a bowl win to his credit, especially against a team like <span style="font-style: italic">Florida</span>??

After a season of practice and games, you should know your scheme inside and out. You're in a bowl game for goodness sakes (even though I don't think bowls mean squat anymore)

Texas Tech not only won without a head coach, the but the players were boo'ed by their own fans due to how that coach was let go. How's that for pressure?

Please...

Cinci said they reason they played poorly was because their head coach was gone, he did all of the opposing teams QB reads to help set their defense.

if you play the game, you should know how to read defense. If your so dumb that you need to be told what to do and how to do ALL THE TIME. you are not on a team. you are on a collective unit of dumb shits.

This thread has become hilarious, I needed a good laugh this morning.....Bwahahahahaha

Your concept of college football and its championship game selection makes me laugh! bwahahahaha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYSHOOTER338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your concept of college football and its championship game selection makes me laugh! bwahahahaha

</div></div>
    Your welcome

Seems a play off is the only real and fair solution. I cant understand why the Universitys dont go for it...more revenue, which appears to be what college sports has become about. Everybody jokes about the NY Yankees "buying" the best team in baseball, but look at what the top schools pay thei staffs....Mack Brown, at leasr 5.1 million, and Saban is getting over 4 million. This is amature athletics?....more like the semi-pros.

PLAYOFF

Watched the game. It was a good game but the TCU cheerleaders were just awesome. Just my .02.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYSHOOTER338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your concept of college football and its championship game selection makes me laugh! bwahahahaha

</div></div>
    Your welcome

Seems a play off is the only real and fair solution. I cant understand why the Universitys dont go for it...more revenue, which appears to be what college sports has become about. Everybody jokes about the NY Yankees "buying" the best team in baseball, but look at what the top schools pay thei staffs....Mack Brown, at leasr 5.1 million, and Saban is getting over 4 million. This is amature athletics?....more like the semi-pros.

PLAYOFF </div></div>

Boise state vs. Alabama? in a playoff... surely you saw what Florida did to Cincy. Then you had to see what Bama did to FL ? Boise state cant hang with the SEC!!!

Are you being serious? If you are, that is downright HILARIOUS. It would be a horrible venue for revenue because people would be leaving by the 1st quarter. Boise state cannot compete with a team of that skill set and size.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only extenuating circumstance I saw in the situation was the fact the a SEC division 1 team handed Cinci their ass by what? 37 points? That is horrible and in no way lets you call yourself a good team with or without the head coach. Texas Tech won their bowl game without their head coach....

No other conference nor division can handle SEC teams... its just to tough of a conference. So for Alabama to beat everyone and then whip FL they have every right to be champs, which they will be when they beat TX.

I want everyone to hope off the bandwagon of we went undefeated... so what your division 2 and most highschool teams around my state could beat you. Boise state might be decent but if they played Alabama in a game.... it would be the most horrific game ever played. why you ask? BAMA would slaughter them. they cant hang with that team, we are division one for a reason.

SEC is THE toughest conference to play in, period. Care to argue that point? Go do a little reading on ESPN and see who has the most wins and championships.... SEC teams.
    </div></div>

Please re-read my post. I didn't say Cincy would've won the game, I said it would've been more competitive and not a 37 pt blow out. FWIW, I think Florida was unstoppable that night. IMO, no team in FBS would've stopped them that night, including Alabama.

The SEC is the strongest conference in college football. I'm certainly not going to argue that, nor was I trying to. I do more than enough reading on ESPN that they won't soon let the world forget it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for reminding me KYSHOOTER

Another piss poor excuse by a team from the Big Easy conference. "our coach left us".

Did the players change?
    Did the plays change?
    Wasn't the interim coach part of the original staff?
    Don't you think an "interim" coach would like to go into a new job with a bowl win to his credit, especially against a team like Florida??

After a season of practice and games, you should know your scheme inside and out. You're in a bowl game for goodness sakes (even though I don't think bowls mean squat anymore)

Texas Tech not only won without a head coach, the but the players were boo'ed by their own fans due to how that coach was let go. How's that for pressure?

Please...</div></div>

Yes, I agree w/ those points. However, look at the past couple of years w/ coaches leaving their teams before bowl games. I believe the only other interim coach that won a bowl game was the guy from WVU when RR left for Michigan. Teams do win when their coach bolts, but it seems to be a rarity because it messes w/ their heads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cinci said they reason they played poorly was because their head coach was gone, he did all of the opposing teams QB reads to help set their defense.

if you play the game, you should know how to read defense. If your so dumb that you need to be told what to do and how to do ALL THE TIME. you are not on a team. you are on a collective unit of dumb shits.</div></div>

Again, I agree w/ the points, but allow me to pose a hypothetical situation just for fun:

Urban Meyer actually begins his leave of absence right after the Sugar Bowl pick. Charlie Strong is named interim coach, but has already accepted his new position. You guys honestly don't think that would've had some impact on Florida's play or the outcome of the game.

I agree w/ the points you guys are making concerning team play, schemes and coaches, but I also believe that when a coach leaves before a bowl game it screws w/ the team chemistry.

I'm also not on the "We're undefeated so we should be crowned National Champions" bandwagon. It's obvious to me that it can't work that way. Perfect case in point was the thumping a one loss Ohio State took from a two loss LSU team in the championship game a few years ago. Prior to that game I didn't follow the SEC that closely and thought LSU had no business being a two loss team playing for the NC. However, after that game, my opinion changed and my eyes opened quite a bit more to the other conferences.

I like when the non BCS teams get matched up and win against BCS teams (which happens fairly often). I like it simply for the fact that it creates controversy. The current system sucks and every bit of controversy created will help push towards fixing the flawed system and getting a playoff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RBE17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Please re-read my post. I didn't say Cincy would've won the game, I said it would've been more competitive and not a 37 pt blow out. FWIW, I think Florida was unstoppable that night. IMO, no team in FBS would've stopped them that night, including Alabama.
    </div></div>

Here is why I disagree with this statement, and I did watch every snap of the game.

It was in Florida's best interest to beat Alabama for the SEC championship for many reasons-many more than to add another bowl title. Florida had everything to prove in that game against Alabama. However Alabama stepped up and <span style="font-style: italic">handed them their ass-period.</span> So to say that it would have been a closer game if Alabama was playing makes no sense whatsoever. Alabama beat Florida by 19 points but Cinci is going to play Alabama tougher than they played Florida? Yes, Florida played well that night against a team that couldn't match them physically but did you honestly expect anything else? From the first snap but to say that Cincinnati would have played a team that stomped Florida only a couple of weeks before not only doesn't make much sense but borders on the ridiculous.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RBE17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    </div></div>

Here is why I disagree with this statement, and I did watch every snap of the game.

It was in Florida's best interest to beat Alabama for the SEC championship for many reasons-many more than to add another bowl title. Florida had everything to prove in that game against Alabama. However Alabama stepped up and <span style="font-style: italic">handed them their ass-period.</span> So to say that it would have been a closer game if Alabama was playing makes no sense whatsoever. Alabama beat Florida by 19 points but Cinci is going to play Alabama tougher than they played Florida? Yes, Florida played well that night against a team that couldn't match them physically but did you honestly expect anything else? From the first snap but to say that Cincinnati would have played a team that stomped Florida only a couple of weeks before not only doesn't make much sense but borders on the ridiculous. </div></div>

Mike,

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I didn't say Cincy would've played Alabama better, nor did I try to insinuate they should've been playing Alabama. What I said was that Florida was unstoppable in the Sugar Bowl. I don't think any FBS team could've stopped Florida the night of the Sugar Bowl, including Alabama.

I think we can both agree that Cincy was outclassed in pretty much every manner of the game. I honestly didn't know what to expect having not had much time to watch either team throughout the season. I had hoped for a more competitive game because the better all college football programs get, the better college football in general becomes.

Later,

Steve.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sgj2025</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watched the game. It was a good game but the TCU cheerleaders were just awesome. Just my .02. </div></div>

You beat me to it. Fun game to watch, but those TCU Cheerleaders were smokin' hot!