• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bolt Face

11ZuluB4

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2008
Banks OR
Got a rookie question for you all. I was looking at new 700 actions on Gunbroker and found one that did not have a caliber listing. All it said was that it had a standard bolt face. Is there a standard that a lot of them come in (head size) or am I looking too deap into that?

Re: Bolt Face

Standard usually is a .473" bolt face for the 308-based case head diameter in a short action or 30-06 based case head diameter in a long action.

Thank you much. I was looking at the add and it had the new action listed as 350 bucks. Is that about standard for purchasing a new SA.

Thanks much for responding to the rook question. I figure thats the only way Ill learn is by asking. It seems like some guys on the forums rip you up if you ask a question like that. Thanks for the time