• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Book at Walmart

RTA

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2009
S. Georgia
Guys, need your help on a book name/ author. Saw it at walmart a couple weeks ago,but did not pick it up. Since then,tried 3 walmarts in area,no luck. It was about a virus that started in europe during WWII that mutanted people into vampire/zombies. (I think that is close.) Cover had a skull with vampire teeth,wearing a net covered WWII helmet and a destoried city in background. Sounds weird but this kind of reading helps me keep mind off the country's stumble. Not a big deal,but the damn thing has got on my mind. Thought I'd try you guys/gals. thanks

Re: Book at Walmart

"Cover had a skull with vampire teeth"

I think this is the one you are describing...

HPIM1794.jpg

(This was not political)

That would be RESISTANCE: The Gathering Storm, by William C. Dietz(who also wrote some of the HALO books), based off the video game. I bought it, and I think it is a great book. I read through it in about 3 days, I couldn't put it down!

SB, that reply is off the chain man!!!! That cover is alot scarier than the one I was describing. Freaking awesome bro!!! Fell right out of the chair into the floor,just rolling. That's what I like about this place so much. Can never tell what's coming after putting it out there. Thanks for the reply,EW. That's the book that I am hunting. Now I can track it down.

Possibly a takeoff on the real life NAZI Werewolf postwar guerilla terrorist/resistance movement. Nasty stuff, and for real... Sorta like the VC, but mit der Gooseshteppin' und der SeigHeil...

Greg