• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Boots recommendation

Re: Boots recommendation

Lowa Ranger GTX , best boots I have ever had. would like to try some custom fitted Hanwags though

I'm on my third pair of Lowa Tibets, without a doubt the most robust mountain/hiking/hunting boot I ever owned (one set had a minor fault last year, so they sent me a free pair of lowa desert boots to make up for the hassel.. not bad at all) plus I've been British Airborne sine the early ninties, used everything from danner arcadia's to altbergs, where as they're good for ops ect.. they're sod all use for mountain work.. LOWA all the way!, Tibets may have a Gortex lining, but my feet never cooked, the rubber 'bumper' around the rim protects them from all the bumps and hits they're ever gonna take plus the 'some would say excessive' weight will help build up your legs
smile.gif
win win win.

I have several pair of White's. They are the standard for loggers and smoke jumpers. They are all leather, and last an incredible amount of time.

For off trail use, having tall uppers is very handy. Keeps stickers and mud out of your socks.

They are made in Spokane, WA. Can be custom made to match your feet. I have bought four pairs, they fit like a glove.

-Steve

Danner Proghorns are outstanding boots, comfortable, breathable and the traction is solid. Have had a pair for three seasons all over the Colorado mountains. When they finally give out, I will get another pair.

I've been happy with my Danner Pronghorns. I have a pair of insulated and one uninsulated.

I have a pair of bates that ive been wearing for afew months
they are ok so far.

Russell boots are great but they may not stay under $300

For the money my Irish Setters have been good too, a few things I don't like though.

If your going to be walking through wet terrain and aren't walking very long distances than LacRosse AlphaBurlys have served me very well. I would go with the un-insulated version and just wear thick socks in the winter and then you can wear them in the spring for turkey season.