• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boretech Rods vs. Dewey Rods

MAG00

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2012
NE Texas
I see that there are a lot of members that use the dewey cleaning rods and I have seen some mention the boretech cleaning rods. What re ya'lls thoughts between these two rods? I know Dewey seems to have a good reputation. What about the Boretech rods? As good, better, not as good, etc.? Thanks.

Dewey over Bore Tech for me. I finally wore out the bearings in the handles on my Dewey rods. Dewey sent me parts to replace them inexpensively. I have two BT rods that the coating came off of and they basically said tough s**t.

I have both and prefer the Boretech. I think it is kind of splitting hairs as no problems with either. Bill Vaughan

I've been using the same Tipton rod for almost ten years, now and I shoot/clean quite a bit. Still as good as the day I got it.

I've been using the same Tipton rod for almost ten years, now and I shoot/clean quite a bit. Still as good as the day I got it.
I'm with you 100% on the tipton. Carbon fiber rod and push, pull bearings..the only rod i'll own.

I've gotten a couple Tipton rods with crooked tips that won't quite go down a bore near the minimum size bore..
But the GOOD Tiptons I have are the best rods I've ever used.
I'd be willing to bet tipton would take care of you and your crooked rods;)

I ordered a CF Tipton and it arrived with a bend right at the end. The cost of sending it back and forth made it a wash. I used Dewey without any complaints. Recently bought a Boretech because of the whole 'proof positive' marketing. It works fine. I like it. Is it better than the Dewey? Probably not, but I've been using it and have no complaints.

Splitting hairs between the two. I have dewey rods where the coating came off and the first bore tech rod I got was messed up from jump. Sinclair replaced it but I did have to pay for shipping back. I only use them with Lucas guides now so I could probably use anything. Never tried a tipton.