• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boyd’s AT-One

I had a CZ455 in one. Quality was good and price I felt excellent for the features.
I did have my 'smith do a pillar bed job on it and the rifle shot extremely well in it.
Only gripe I had was, at 6'4" with a 35" sleeve, it was a little short for me even with the butt paddocking extended out all the way.
That shouldn't be an issue for a kid or even a smaller adult frame.

I had a CZ455 in one. Quality was good and price I felt excellent for the features.
I did have my 'smith do a pillar bed job on it and the rifle shot extremely well in it.
Only gripe I had was, at 6'4" with a 35" sleeve, it was a little short for me even with the butt paddocking extended out all the way.
That shouldn't be an issue for a kid or even a smaller adult frame.
Thanks. I don’t think being short will be a problem even for me. I have T-Rex arms. You were happy with the controls? They look to be plastic.

Thanks. I don’t think being short will be a problem even for me. I have T-Rex arms. You were happy with the controls? They look to be plastic.
I bought the target fore end and pistol grip. The rods on the butt pad are metal and, IIRC, the only plastic is the buttons for adjusting LOP and cheek height.

I like mine..

P8110482.JPG

CZ 455, .17HMR. It's not a full bore chassis, but for a field gun it works well.

I like it but the LOP needs to be extended to max of you're around average height. I'm 5-11 and it's barely long enough.

The adj butt is a little wobbly, so is the cheek piece.

Last edited:
We have a couple of them, happy with them so far.
Cheek risers have a little movement when up real high, but not bad.
They work well for the kids also

I put the target grips on them also. I'm 6'2" they are a bit short for me also

There are 2 different designs now.

I like the thumbhole version better.

Reactions: Alabusa
Thanks for all the responses and photos. I’m thinking the thumb hole also

I really like mine. They do take a bit to get used to the blocky feel but they are rock solid. I had a hairline crack in my first one that looked like a hole wasnt drilled quite right and the insert was forced in. Customer service is second to none. They had a replacement out and I had a tracking number before I even had a chance to send the other one back. Replacement has no problems and fit even better than the first. If I ever find myself in need of another one i will buy from them again just on customer service alone. They are an awesome company. BTW I see LOP being discussed. I am 6' 1" and you can see where I have the butt plate set. I think LOP is fine. That is a setting that is personal

52971431_2316296991754735_8961092729278824448_n.jpg

I really like mine. They do take a bit to get used to the blocky feel but they are rock solid. I had a hairline crack in my first one that looked like a hole wasnt drilled quite right and the insert was forced in. Customer service is second to none. They had a replacement out and I had a tracking number before I even had a chance to send the other one back. Replacement has no problems and fit even better than the first. If I ever find myself in need of another one i will buy from them again just on customer service alone. They are an awesome company. BTW I see LOP being discussed. I am 6' 1" and you can see where I have the butt plate set. I think LOP is fine. That is a setting that is personal

View attachment 7185011
Thanks. Good to know. I will be ordering one.

I like mine off the bench or bipod, but if I'm tied up in a sling, the relatively sharp edges of the fore end is really uncomfortable.
My Savage MKII wears one and the fit/finish was excellent. I would buy one for a stationary position, but that damn fore end....

I lusted after an At-One for my American for a while. I have a Boyd’s Pro Varmint that is steel pillar/block bedded front and rear for my Kidd.

The factory American stock has removable aluminum bedding blocks so it is pretty much a drop in to an At-One and would be bedded perfectly.

I built a tikka t1x for my wife. Non-thumb hole version. I also bought the match grip. The stock adjustments are tight initially, I had to use a ultra fine sand paper to the posts. One minor complain, the hunting and match grip has a little separation. That can’t be fixed without major wood work. I am trying to make a grip set from cork wood or soft wood. Still on drawing board.

I built a tikka t1x for my wife. Non-thumb hole version. I also bought the match grip. The stock adjustments are tight initially, I had to use a ultra fine sand paper to the posts. One minor complain, the hunting and match grip has a little separation. That can’t be fixed without major wood work. I am trying to make a grip set from cork wood or soft wood. Still on drawing board.
I have read this before. It’s why I think the thumbhole might be the way to go.

My instructor has one and it keeps up with my chassis. Add a little bedding and they are good stocks. Price wise I am not sure they can be beat.

I just emailed them to ask if there is any option for a pic rail forend.

Reactions: t8500shx
They responded very fast!

This rail section is a perfect fit for the holes already present in the At-One forend.

Reactions: t8500shx
I only wish I have waited another month. The thumb hole version came out after I ordered mine.

• Sad
Reactions: Alabusa
I agree.

I have both and the thumbhole version is far better than the other.
I would highly recommend the thumbhole to anyone considering an At-One.

Is the thumbhole any less stiff than the standard At-One?

There just seems to be considerably less material and I’m afraid there may some flex?

Thanks,

Arnold

They responded very fast!

This rail section is a perfect fit for the holes already present in the At-One forend.

Wow. That’s good to know

I have my CZ 457 MTR in one of these and it shoots wonderfully. I really like the fir and finish

does anyone know if Boyd’s run Black Friday deals?

I got my At 1 from them last black Friday. It was like $20 off or something on sale.

The stock looks great but mine did need a bedding before shooting very well. Adjustment is also incredibly stiff.

I might upgrade one day but for now it works and I love the look and price point.

If they have a sale, I’ll get one for my American Rimfire 22.

I call it “Squirrel Bane”. 25 yard head popper extraordinaire...

EA547DD5-9D56-4A14-8DED-71CD42CA4D3A.jpeg

340B2765-3487-4B94-9B21-D87BBAA00787.jpeg

Reactions: Nodakplowboy