• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boyds AT-One stock question

chadrp

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2017
Central Iowa
I'm looking at getting an AT-ONE stock for my 22 but I want a vertical pistol grip like a manners stock.

How is the target grip and is it vertical enough?

From the pictures I've found on boyds website the tacticool stock grip looks more like it is more vertical than the AT-ONE but I'd like the LOP and riser adjustments the AT-ONE offers.
Thanks

I ordered my AT-One for the CZ455 with the Target fore end and grip panels. Initially I had issues with the grip panels but Boyd's was quick to take care of the problem (caused by a vendor). The Target grip is more vertical but still not like the Manners. I will say from my shooting so far that the LOP and Cheek adjustments far out-weigh the little difference in the pistol grip. It's a good looking stock that required no extra work to get a good solid fit. I did, because I did everything else, get it pillar bedded. While the factory or Timney trigger would fit without any mod in the trigger inlet I did do minor (rasp only) work for the much larger Mr. Fly trigger to clear.

I ordered my AT-One for the CZ455 with the Target fore end and grip panels. Initially I had issues with the grip panels but Boyd's was quick to take care of the problem (caused by a vendor). The Target grip is more vertical but still not like the Manners. I will say from my shooting so far that the LOP and Cheek adjustments far out-weigh the little difference in the pistol grip. It's a good looking stock that required no extra work to get a good solid fit. I did, because I did everything else, get it pillar bedded. While the factory or Timney trigger would fit without any mod in the trigger inlet I did do minor (rasp only) work for the much larger Mr. Fly trigger to clear.

Great, that helps! Thank you for the info!

Can you advise if it is lighter than the Boyds Pro Varmint? I'm looking at getting an AT-One for my FV-SR.

Can you advise if it is lighter than the Boyds Pro Varmint? I'm looking at getting an AT-One for my FV-SR.

I have another CZ455 Tacticool that came in the Pro Varmint model and I really can't tell any difference in weight. Remember that the AT-One has adjustable LOP with steel rods in the butt so it may actually be a little heavier. I just can't answer for sure.

Thank you shoot4fun. Boyd’s advised the AT-One weighs 3lbs while the Pro Varmint weighs 2.85lbs. Boyd’s stated they make optional grips for the AT-One.

I’ll have to think about that one. I do like the adjustable comb and buttstock on the AT-One.

I have another CZ455 Tacticool that came in the Pro Varmint model and I really can't tell any difference in weight. Remember that the AT-One has adjustable LOP with steel rods in the butt so it may actually be a little heavier. I just can't answer for sure.

I havent ordered a stock yet but I found out recently that you can get the boyds tacticool pro varmit with adjustable comb as an option.

So since you have both stocks and can get both with adjustable comb, which would you prefer?

The tacticool pro varmit looks to have a grip more like a manners like I want so now I'm leaning that way since I can get it with an adjustable comb.

I havent ordered a stock yet but I found out recently that you can get the boyds tacticool pro varmit with adjustable comb as an option.

So since you have both stocks and can get both with adjustable comb, which would you prefer?

The tacticool pro varmit looks to have a grip more like a manners like I want so now I'm leaning that way since I can get it with an adjustable comb.

The grip is a little more "Mannerish" on the PV. My PV and AT-One are so different that it is comparing apples to oranges. I ponied up for the target fore end and grip inserts for the AT-One and those options make a big difference. I'm really already thinking of what rifle I own needs an AT-One so I can get another.

The grip is a little more "Mannerish" on the PV. My PV and AT-One are so different that it is comparing apples to oranges. I ponied up for the target fore end and grip inserts for the AT-One and those options make a big difference. I'm really already thinking of what rifle I own needs an AT-One so I can get another.

Ok interesting, thanks! I guess I really need to see if I can find someone with an AT-ONE near me to try out.

I've looked at the AT-One on Boyds' website, but haven't seen or handled one in person. I did go with the Tacticool/ProVarmint w/adjustable cheek piece for a Howa Mini in 6.5 Grendel. Got it with the satin finish in mountain camo, which I like better than the textured black paint. It's a slick little stock that I like a lot - though I still prefer my McM A5 & Manners T4A stocks for competition.

ETA - the satin finish on this stock is slicker than the textured black painted finish, which makes it a little too slick for some situations. But I still prefer its appearance over than of the AT-One.

Little off topic, but do any of the Boyd's CZ 455 options come with pillar bedding? Or would it need to be sent out somewhere for that option?

I've looked at the AT-One on Boyds' website, but haven't seen or handled one in person. I did go with the Tacticool/ProVarmint w/adjustable cheek piece for a Howa Mini in 6.5 Grendel. Got it with the satin finish in mountain camo, which I like better than the textured black paint. It's a slick little stock that I like a lot - though I still prefer my McM A5 & Manners T4A stocks for competition.

ETA - the satin finish on this stock is slicker than the textured black painted finish, which makes it a little too slick for some situations. But I still prefer its appearance over than of the AT-One.

Thanks for the info also. I too like the appearance of the pro varmit over the AT-ONE but haven't handled either so having others opinions helps. Thought about just spending the money and getting the CZ vpt and being done with it but manners says you can't get it with an adjustable cheek comb due to the way they make it for the CZ, and was trying to avoid a stock pad. My face must be short cuz I'm always having to put a stock pad on even with the shortest rings.