• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BRAND NEW FROM VORTEX - Fury with AB, Tripods, Prism Sights, SPARC Solar

jb1000br

Jason@EuroOptic
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2001
On my Belly
In the absence of SHOT show this year, Vortex is launching some now items today and there are some doozies!

New LRF Fury Bino with AB with BT

New tripods
- to cover about every use - ultralight compact back country to PRS/heavy rifle shooting tripods - these will be a surprise when you try them against the top dogs in this category!

Also a couple new prismatic sights in 3x and 5x as well as solar SPARC

New item links below

Fury LRF Bino with AB and BT
TRIPODS
Prism Sights
SPARC

**First arrivals of the new items will be next week, so it is best to preorder asap to get first at the trough!

Wow, I guess Ive been far behind on ballistic computers. Can anyone teach me on how a set of Binos can read wind?

• In-display wind/drop solution
  • Integrated Applied Ballistics Elite Solver
  • Wind Bearing Capture Mode
  • Onboard compass
  • Onboard sensors for humidity, barometric pressure, and temperature

Wow, I guess Ive been far behind on ballistic computers. Can anyone teach me on how a set of Binos can read wind?

• In-display wind/drop solution
  • Integrated Applied Ballistics Elite Solver
  • Wind Bearing Capture Mode
  • Onboard compass
  • Onboard sensors for humidity, barometric pressure, and temperature

I dont believe it detects wind speed, just the bearing. I suspect you probably point and click into the wind direction like with a Kestrel.

Where are the tripods made?
Looking at the Vortex link for tripods, the ball head they are showing with the Vortex label appears to me to be the identical ball head manufactured by Really Right Stuff (https://www.reallyrightstuff.com/). RRS is well known in the photography world for making ultra-high quality products. I own a couple of their ball heads and they are top notch for sure. Interesting if this is who Vortex has teamed up with.

Looking at the Vortex link for tripods, the ball head they are showing with the Vortex label appears to me to be the identical ball head manufactured by Really Right Stuff (https://www.reallyrightstuff.com/). RRS is well known in the photography world for making ultra-high quality products. I own a couple of their ball heads and they are top notch for sure. Interesting if this is who Vortex has teamed up with.

Hi,

So you thinking that RRS teamed up with Vortex to allow vortex to sell their OEM product a fair amount cheaper than the actual RRS product?

Typically the rule is never be your own competitor, especially cheaper one.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

So you thinking that RRS teamed up with Vortex to allow vortex to sell their OEM product a fair amount cheaper than the actual RRS product?

Sincerely,
Theis
I don't know. I just am commenting on what I thought I saw when looking at the Vortex link. Who knows what the financial arrangements are? I am familiar with RRS pricing, inasmuch as I own a bit of their stuff.

I don't know. I just am commenting on what I thought I saw when looking at the Vortex link. Who knows what the financial arrangements are? I am familiar with RRS pricing, inasmuch as I own a bit of their stuff.
My guess would be Leofoto or something similar.

Reactions: Zerglish
Can't see paying RRS prices for what is probably a Leofoto rebranded. The Vortex warranty is great, but not worth the price difference. If it turns out these are miUSA, I recant my statement.

The new Spitfires look somewhat uninspired... where's my dual-circle+fiber optic dot reticle?

You didn't answer my question

I don’t think anything about the tripods are made in Murica nor is any involvement with RRS here a thing.

Well the price I'm seeing for the leveling head model at Eurooptic, I'm interested. I need a shooting tripod. Got other priorities though unfortunately, otherwise I would have been a guinea pig.

D7F4F6CB-6AD0-44E8-980D-7FB37BF945FB.jpeg

Interested in that Fury...
The Fury glass did not impress me, I've been hoping for a Razor HD with LRF for some time now. If they are using their laser technology to provide wind information and include that in the solution then I begin to be more excited and if BT integration with Kestrel is fast and reliable, again would be another plus.

Reactions: Birddog6424
The Fury glass did not impress me, I've been hoping for a Razor HD with LRF for some time now. If they are using their laser technology to provide wind information and include that in the solution then I begin to be more excited and if BT integration with Kestrel is fast and reliable, again would be another plus.

I have yet to look through a pair. Inferior glass would be disappointing. I have 10x Razor HDs for hunting, and I love my Steiner HX 15×56s for PRS.

I keep trying to decide if I truly need all this tech. I've gotten by just fine for so many years without it.

Well the price I'm seeing for the leveling head model at Eurooptic, I'm interested. I need a shooting tripod. Got other priorities though unfortunately, otherwise I would have been a guinea pig.

Take a look at the Two Vets QDT. No need to spend the money on an RRS. The QDT is a larger diameter CF, all aluminum joints (which beats Leofoto as my cheap plastic internals kept breaking on mine).

Its a very high quality tripod.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Take a look at the Two Vets QDT. No need to spend the money on an RRS. The QDT is a larger diameter CF, all aluminum joints (which beats Leofoto as my cheap plastic internals kept breaking on mine).

Its a very high quality tripod.

I have looked at the 40MM from Two Vets in the past, but I'll be honest, the stuff I need confuses me. Looks like I would need to swap out the 75mm flat bowl for a leveling base? Not interested in a ball head. So a TA-3 from RRS? I don't know. I'm sure if I get the discount from Two Vets it would come close to the Vortex price with the Mil discount from EO. I also refuse to buy any Leofoto products.

Also here are some pics for people with the new tripods next to a known Two Vets No Name tripod on the right.

IMG_1276.jpg
IMG_1277.jpg
IMG_1279.jpg
IMG_1280.jpg
IMG_1281.jpg

Reactions: Glassaholic
I have looked at the 40MM from Two Vets in the past, but I'll be honest, the stuff I need confuses me. Looks like I would need to swap out the 75mm flat bowl for a leveling base? Not interested in a ball head. So a TA-3 from RRS? I don't know. I'm sure if I get the discount from Two Vets it would come close to the Vortex price with the Mil discount from EO. I also refuse to buy any Leofoto products.

I'm afraid I'm not up to speed on leveling bases. I actually really like a ball head. Compared to the base I bought with my Leofoto and the RRS leveling bases I've used in matches, I think the ball head has better versatility. Better range of motion. I cant stand the RRS tension lever.

The No Name tripod in comparisons above is a decent tripod. Not great. A buddy bought one for hunting, I think it will be a nice versatile tripod.

But the QDT is the way to go for PRS. Larger leg diameter (42mm/1.7") only one joint. Its the most solid tripod I've seen on the market. The quality of the joints are excellent.

Last edited:
I'm afraid I'm not up to speed on leveling bases. I actually really like a ball head. Compared to the base I bought with my Leofoto and the RRS leveling bases I've used in matches, I think the ball head has better versatility. Better range of motion. I cant stand the RRS tension lever.

The No Name tripod in comparisons above is a decent tripod. Not great. A buddy bought one for hunting, I think it will be a nice versatile tripod.

But the QDT is the way to go for PRS. Larger leg diameter, only one joint. Its the most solid tripod I've seen on the market. The quality of the joints are excellent.

If you are looking for a really solid tripod, RRS is awesome, but I ended up switching to Field Optics Research. This thing is stupid solid. I have the PRO32 tripod, but they also have a PRO39 that is even more robust.

ILya

Reactions: Birddog6424
If you want an outstanding leveling base and don't want to worry about the plate (it screws on), the RRS TA-2U is the best.

I used to have a sunwayfoto cheap base that was nice, but the RRS is just that much better, for quick adjustments (I like adjusting underneath the base vs. underneath the tripod) and the RRS QR lever is the fastest and smoothest.

If you want an outstanding leveling base and don't want to worry about the plate (it screws on), the RRS TA-2U is the best.

I used to have a sunwayfoto cheap base that was nice, but the RRS is just that much better, for quick adjustments (I like adjusting underneath the base vs. underneath the tripod) and the RRS QR lever is the fastest and smoothest.

I was looking at that model, just wasn't sure about the location of the lock ring. But thinking about where your off hand would be for stability, it makes a lot of sense.

So just to make sure I understand, this would just bolt to the top of the flat bowl that comes on the Two Vets 40MM then? If this is the case, it looks like you would have a tripod made in America that is roughly the same price as the Vortex. Only big difference I can see is the Vortex has a higher load capacity when it's all said and done. That and you could chuck the Vortex into the grand canyon and they will replace it no questions asked. Not sure Two Vets and RRS would do the same, but I'm sure they would help you out in some way.

So just to make sure I understand, this would just bolt to the top of the flat bowl that comes on the Two Vets 40MM then? If this is the case, it looks like you would have a tripod made in America that is roughly the same price as the Vortex. Only big difference I can see is the Vortex has a higher load capacity when it's all said and done. That and you could chuck the Vortex into the grand canyon and they will replace it no questions asked. Not sure Two Vets and RRS would do the same, but I'm sure they would help you out in some way.

Are you sure the Two Vets is made in the US? Doesn;t say it on their site. When I got my No Name I was almost positive it was made in china. Just went and looked and couldn't find any marking on it.

I was looking at that model, just wasn't sure about the location of the lock ring. But thinking about where your off hand would be for stability, it makes a lot of sense.

So just to make sure I understand, this would just bolt to the top of the flat bowl that comes on the Two Vets 40MM then?

After using it, that is what I found as well, my support hand has easy access to loosen/tighten right underneath the rifle, this is much more natural to me.

Yes, it just bolts directly to the 3/8-16 stud on top of the existing plate, right here
1610145718163.png

I have yet to look through a pair. Inferior glass would be disappointing. I have 10x Razor HDs for hunting, and I love my Steiner HX 15×56s for PRS.

I keep trying to decide if I truly need all this tech. I've gotten by just fine for so many years without it.

Can't speak for these new Furys, but the current ones use Viper Glass. I confirmed with Vortex before I ordered Razor HDs. Really would love Razor HDs with these capabilities.

Are you sure the Two Vets is made in the US? Doesn;t say it on their site. When I got my No Name I was almost positive it was made in china. Just went and looked and couldn't find any marking on it.
You're right, Two Vets just source Chinese tripods after a bit of searching. That's what I get for assuming. I'll probably still buy it though. Maybe I'll just save for an RRS.

Edit - Nope, screw Two Vets, they only carry a one year warranty.

You're right, Two Vets just source Chinese tripods after a bit of searching. That's what I get for assuming. I'll probably still buy it though. Maybe I'll just save for an RRS.

Edit - Nope, screw Two Vets, they only carry a one year warranty.

I wouldn't say screw Two Vets as they are good guys and honestly I am sure they would help you out if you had an issue. They do a lot with the New England shooters.

That said you should take a look at the Vortex Radian with the leveling head. Would be about $660 with LE/Mil pricing. I will be bringing it out tomorrow for the first time to test it out but it's pretty nice from the indoor once over.

Reactions: godofthunder
Interested to see the glass quality on those binos. If they can get the glass to compare to the uhd for 2 grand i think they would be a steal

Got out today with the leveling head version and really liked it. Just got some arca not long ago so popped it on there it's super steady and easy to move around. I just used it on my home range with my targets at 50 yards, some steel at 50 and 75 and the Vudoo. Two sections out on the leg and it was easy to stand behind and get the crosshairs stable on the target. With them all in it was easy to kneel behind. A low kneel like the bottom of a barricade but very stable. With the ball head it would raise you about 6" or so. It also has three lock positions on the leg angles for some more flexibility in set up.

Is it a 1000% better than any other tripod? No. It does the same thing and is good quality. It's a solid tripod set up. For the street price and what you get compared to others I think it will sell well. Even better deal for LE/Mil/First responders.

IMG_1286.jpgIMG_1298.jpgIMG_1297.jpgIMG_1299.jpgIMG_1305.JPG

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Any one got a feel for height??? I’m 6’4” and really don’t want to go to short. Everyone was telling me to get a RRS 34L but I can’t find one anywhere. Thought this might be an alternative.

From ground to top of tripod not counting the leveling head is 64”. About 65.5” to top of leveling head.