• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brand New

Minx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2010
Orlando, FL
I looked for a thread dedicated to introductions, but couldn't find one. I guess "The Bear Pit" would be the right place for mine then, save for the fact that even the name "The Bear Pit" makes me think it'll be tough to fit in here.

Basically, my knowledge on weapons is slim to none. I want to learn, so that's how I accidently found my way here. I'm hoping if I keep quiet and pay attention I might be able to learn a thing or two. Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone willing to answer all my dumb questions.

Personal info, my name is Chelsea. I'm female, yes. I'm a baby, pretty young. I've never used a weapon in my life, unless you count my fists! Haha, or throwing shuriken for fun. I've got no idea if I'm going to make it on this forum, but I won't hold my breath.

Re: Brand New

Welcome. ASk your questions as in this form:

1: Why yaddah yaddah

2: What blah blah

and they will be answered

Of course you will receive the 'Use the Search engine' stuff bu tthere are many here who know their stuff real well. Ask away kid!

Thanks, Switchblade. First question, should I post a picture in this thread too, just for fun? lol

Welcome aboard!
welcome.gif

Don't worry you'll fit right in as long as you keep a thick skin. Also make sure to hang out in the Shout Box whenever possible. It's pretty entertaining there.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome aboard!
welcome.gif

Don't worry you'll fit right in as long as you keep a thick skin. Also make sure to hang out in the Shout Box whenever possible. It's pretty entertaining there.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Yes it is, we all enjoy making fun of Maser.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome. ASk your questions as in this form:

1: Why yaddah yaddah

2: What blah blah

and they will be answered

Of course you will receive the 'Use the Search engine' stuff bu tthere are many here who know their stuff real well. Ask away kid! </div></div>

When the hell did you become such a nice guy...????

This forum is overwhelmingly male, and hence women are always lauded and approached with the same typical sexual curiosity they can expect anytime they're surrounded by a bunch of men.

If you're genuinely interested in learning to shoot this is a good place for that.

Enjoy the show, and welcome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This forum is overwhelmingly male, and hence women are always lauded and approached with the same typical sexual curiosity they can expect anytime they're surrounded by a bunch of men.

If you're genuinely interested in learning to shoot this is a good place for that.

Enjoy the show, and welcome. </div></div>

The hell ya say.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This forum is overwhelmingly male, and hence women are always lauded and approached with the same typical sexual curiosity they can expect anytime they're surrounded by a bunch of men.

The hell ya say..... </div></div>

Unless a couple dozen of you are women and I've been unaware of it this entire time
laugh.gif

I have my suspicions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This forum is overwhelmingly male, and hence women are always lauded and approached with the same typical sexual curiosity they can expect anytime they're surrounded by a bunch of men.

The hell ya say..... </div></div>

Unless a couple dozen of you are women and I've been unaware of it this entire time
laugh.gif

I have my suspicions. </div></div>

You have yet to see Mongo in drag.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think we may have already spooked her off..... </div></div>

Not every girl is Buttercup material.

Should I post pictures of myself in my underwear to try and get her back?

I'm right here, haha. I'm not gone. I just got a little distracted. And don't worry, I'm not scared...yet. :p I might look sweet, but I'm a bit tougher than most girls my age, or most women in general.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think we may have already spooked her off..... </div></div>

Should I post pictures of myself in my underwear to try and get her back? </div></div>

I am sure that will get her attention......perhaps not the desired effect but her attention none the less.

Welcome aboard, Minx.
What do you think of the current goings on in American politics?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome aboard, Minx.
What do you think of the current goings on in American politics? </div></div>
bear-trap1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think we may have already spooked her off..... </div></div>

Should I post pictures of myself in my underwear to try and get her back? </div></div>

For the love of god NO !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome aboard, Minx.
What do you think of the current goings on in American politics? </div></div>
Ohh nooo. I don't like talking about politics. :p

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm right here, haha. I'm not gone. I just got a little distracted. And don't worry, I'm not scared...yet. :p I might look sweet, but I'm a bit tougher than most girls my age, or most women in general. </div></div>

So tell us a little about yourself ?

What do you guys want to know? Like I said, I'm Chelsea. I'm from New Jersey. NO I don't have a Jersey accent and we're nothing like the show Jersey Shore. I play too many video games in my spare time. I've been playing part-time mom to my nephew since I was 14. I've got a lot of military friends. Always been a bit of a tomboy. If there's anything else you want to know, ask!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you guys want to know? If there's anything else you want to know, ask!</div></div>

Why are you here?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you guys want to know? If there's anything else you want to know, ask!</div></div>

Why are you here? </div></div>

Subtle.....that is how we roll.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm a bit tougher than most girls my age, or most women in general.</div></div>

Shank bait?

Your tough love therapy session begins now, welcome to the 'hide and have fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... I'm Chelsea. I'm from New Jersey. </div></div>

Which exit?

Why am I here? Because I'd like to learn a thing or two about shooting. That's why.

Singin'.....She's only seventeen!! But she gives me love, like I've never seen!!

Hi Chris Hansen. Yes I'll have a seat. Sure I'd love some cookies.

Seriously? Do we have to put that in my intro topic? You've already said it once, that's just kind of overboard, in my honest opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously? Do we have to put that in my intro topic? You've already said it once, that's just kind of overboard, in my honest opinion.</div></div>

Your honest opinion doesn't count. In case you aren't aware, any interaction with sexual overtones to a minor (you) is very illegal and has no (read ZERO) place here. We welcome your presence here and will do everything we can to help teach you and answer your questions however that willingness to help does come at a price and that price is our overly cautious reminders.

My apologize, Mike, I was unaware that screaming the fact that I am a 17 year old female would help reduce people's comments about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My apologize, Mike, I was unaware that screaming the fact that I am a 17 year old female would help reduce people's comments about it.</div></div>

Minx, fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it many of the guys here will act like they are 16; and just like with 16 year olds drawing attention to something will only accelerate exacerbate the issue.

If your willing to have a little thick skin you will find that many of these guys will also go above and beyond to help you in any way they can with regards to LR shooting. Keeping this in mind may go a long way in your stay here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You confuse Mike for a desk jockey, are/were you a Navy Chief? </div></div>

LMFAO... BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!

Sorry Mike... thought this was funny.

Uh oh I can see the FNG 3rd degree coming, I guess it was a kind of stupid question since I know he was/is Navy and he said "its Chief" duh lol :p