• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brass recycling?

greentick

chancremechanic
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2021
Deep South
I have about 1000pcs of suspect 7.62/308 brass. I bought it once-fired. Not sure if it was MG brass or what, but the rims seem to be bent, some subtly. Enough of these fail at the rim that I would consider them unfit for reloading.

Are there any brass manufacturers that would melt it down and recycle? I'd even ship it to them on my dime. Going to email Starline.

All else fails, I'll give it to the grubby scrapper guy who drives by on trash night.

Thanks!

I think most ranges sell used brass to recyclers. When I have brass that is no longer usable, I just take it to the local range and they are happy to take it.

Reactions: greentick
I picked up 500 round of Peterson once fired brass from the range i just resized and when I am ready to will reload and use the hell out of . We also picked up some range brass was going to use it to learn to anneal with but after cleaning it all shinny and new looking and a good resize and look inside I would reload it if my choices were no brass no shooting or use it and shoot with it . Ugly and discarded things need love too lol.

Quite a few guys around here randomly ask for trashed brass for projects. I’ve offloaded quite a few that way.

Not sure if it was MG brass or what, but the rims seem to be bent, some subtly. Enough of these fail at the rim that I would consider them unfit for reloading.
Oh, yeah, my M14 does that to all my brass. I must have "accidentally" left that brass at the range since it flings them all over. If you can mail them back to me that would be great.....

• Haha
Reactions: greentick