• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Brightest Pistol Light

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
what's the brightest pistol light out there?

I've seen the surfire x300 at 110 lumens and the xti procyon at 150. anything brighter?

Re: Brightest Pistol Light

Streamlight TLR-1s, 160 lumens

I carry a Streamlight TLR-1. The website lists that it has 135 lumens. It is bright enough for me.

160 is too bright for me,blinding when light bounces off a wall in the house at night.

My x300 is brighter than my x200, and the standard Glock light. I think the x300 would be about as bright as you'd want to go. Any brighter and the gun smoke will block your vision when torching rounds off in the dark. It's like driving in fog with your head lights on high beams after a few rounds.

Too bright can blind you back from a light colored surface (enemy's clothing or wall) and will give your position away much easier making light discipline much harder to maintain when scouting. Not to mention the brighter it is the crappier the battery life.

You can also get a three cell hand held to keep in your coat pocket.
Brighter than gun light.
(With your candy bars)
Switch gets hit, leg feels warm, candy melted, and batteries dead!

How far do you want to see?

I went with the streamlight TLR3 since its smaller and i didn't want the extra weight. still VERY bright

I bought an X300 from fastford here in the sale section and that thing is outstanding. Granted I dont have a box full of different brands to compare it to, but I cant imagine why you would need one any brighter. Its built like a tank to and Ive not heard anything bad about it at all.

i have an x200 and x300. the 300 is brighter but they are both nice and bright

It's not just about claimed lumens. The width of the central hotspot, the spill outside of that and the "whiteness of the light all contribute to the effectiveness of the light. Brighter is great for sweeping large areas and "blinding" a subject. But as others have said, it will just bounce back off smoke.
I have an x200 and a Procyon. The Procyon is brighter with a wider spill that lights up more of my room.The x 200 has a more focused center spot which leaves objects to my left and right more shadowy.and I prefer the switches on the Procyon. Didn't hurt that it was about half the price of what i paid for the X200.

Im a fan of the TLR 1....its plenty bright @ 160 Lumens, and its not to bad unless you shine it directly into a mirror. I can drive with the TLR1 if i needed to.

Actually, boys and girls, the brightest handgun light of which I am aware is the Surefire Millenium Series Model M111 with the MN11 bulb installed. It runs on three CR123 batteries, and for a glorious 20 minutes that MN11 bulb pumps out 225 lumens! It's spiritual!
smile.gif
Naturally, they quit making them years ago because it is...a little bulky. However, if you are fortunate, you can catch one on Ebay sometimes. Then, you can have the biggest and brightest handgun light on your block.
wink.gif
I bought mine years ago, so I've no idea what they might cost second-hand now.

DSC06139.jpg

DSC06131.jpg

DSC06137.jpg

DSC06133.jpg

That host G17L is a Romanian "Brigada Antiterrorista" piece. The combo makes for a fun setup for a Glock and Surefire fan like me.

As far as working guns go, I'm sold on the TLR1 with C4 LED. I've got the X300, too, and the TLR1 is a best buy.

I run a TLR1s on my M&P. It works perfect for my needs, very bright. I also carry a Surefire E2DL.

How far are you wanting to shoot? My TLR-1 is good for about 40 or 50 yards for ID-ing a target and giving decent enough light to silhouette the sights on the target. Course that's mounted on a carbine.

Do you imagine yourself shooting farther than that at night?

TLR-1s is the way to go. It's blinding, but it also has a strobe. I don't know anyone that can function with a 160 lumen strobe in their face. Be fun to hog hunt with too

Different companies measure lumen brightness in diferent ways. Anything over 100 lumens is plenty bright. Go with the design you like; such as having strobe, how the on-off switch works, temporary on, size, laser, etc.

newest tlr1s model - (strobe