• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Browning A bolt after Market bottom metal?

Scotch_egg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2010
England
Having owned my A bolt for longer than I knew about all the options for a remmy I still love it. It's been barreled with a lothar walther in 7-08.

It currently sits in a mcmillan stock and I really could do with a DBM. Is there anything out there? I have used the search function but nothing came up.

Cheers in advance folks I am counting on your knowledge over here from the wrong side of the pond.

Dave

Re: Browning A bolt after Market bottom metal?

E mail has been sent. Thank you for the link. Got my fingers crossed now. Got my eye on a new stock to replace the mcmillan if I can source the DBM.

CDI can't help. In the true British way "oh bugger" where next.

If you would be interested let me know and maybe we can get enough interest to make it a viable option.

Bugger indeed! Ah well I shall keep my eyes peeled for you and let you know if anything crops up. Just out of interest I had a look at my A-bolt to see if it would accept an AI mag (bear in mind mines a .223 in standard synth stock) and it does with ease without any apparent inletting needed. Just bottom metal needed then....
SYSS supplies in Barnsley do DBM's for Rem 700's - maybe they could supply a blank to be modified for the A-bolt?

http://www.rimfiremagic.co.uk/index.htm

Not interested in one for mine through I'm afraid - its purely a foxing / vermin rifle only in a sporter weight barrel. Good luck!

I'm sure if you got some more folks commited you could get cdi tomake a run of them...

CDI have been great, he mentioned that he made a kimber DBM for the tactical rifles they make and only sold 2 and that was for a true tactical rifle. I think to make it viable I would have to find a fair few of us.

Jagged77 I will look into the Syss bottom metal. I know Baldie from ukvarminting. The main reason for wanting DBM it the current metal work is flimsy and I am looking at getting one of the stocks from pse composites to match the mcmillan on my 6mmbr. I really like the vertical grip compared to my current mcmillan. Plus when culling fallow the extra few shots will come in handy.

Regards

Dave