• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Bryan Litz's Book

Tactical

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2001
Calif
www.tacticalintervention.com
Just a quick note to say to all that want to know what true BC's are for various bullets. Just get Litz's book. I spent hundreds of hours shooting on a few bullets to get bc's that really worked, then opened Bryan's book and found he had the correct BCs for a ton of bullets. I want to thank Monte for giving me a copy. Bryan is the bets thing to happen to reloaders in a long long time.

Thanks Bryan for all your hard work. Now I need some more work on 6.8 bullets

Re: Bryan Litz's Book

Best piece of equipment a precision shooter can buy is litz's book.

It doesn't cover everything but it does cover all exterior ballistics with good tips on wind estimation and puts weight to each concept -as in which factors are extremely significant and which are minor and can be ignored if you don't have time to calculate.

There are interesting points for long range hunters as well.

Also the program bryan helped work on "shooter" has a lot of recorded BCs in it as well IIRC.

I agree with the OP. Just started reading his book and wow.... lots and lots of good info. I'm finding that while reading, I'm doing a lot of "huh!, that makes sense".

In my opinion anyone seriously interested in long distance shooting should read it. There is so much good, easily digestible, and seldom covered information in it.

I thought about buying it, but it never reached the top of the list - never mentioned it to anyone but my daughter did some research and surprised me with it at Christmas - thats what you get from an engineering grad student - a completely nerdy gift

Like the OP said this can pay for itself working out data for just one load, especially the .338 300 gr that got me to open it

Is there that much difference between his first book and the second????

If so, What?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there that much difference between his first book and the second????

If so, What? </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-weight: bold">I'm interested in an answer to Kraig's question as well. I have book one, and wonder how much new information is in book two? Maybe a pm to Litz would get us an answer straight from the source
wink.gif
</span> </span>

I'm not sure about the rest but i know there are more of his recorded BCs in the second book IIRC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there that much difference between his first book and the second????

If so, What? </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-weight: bold">I'm interested in an answer to Kraig's question as well. I have book one, and wonder how much new information is in book two? Maybe a pm to Litz would get us an answer straight from the source
wink.gif
</span> </span> </div></div>

No idea. I have the second edition

Definitive book on external ballistics that I believe will stand the test of time. Very well written and researched.

I would like to see a similar work on internal ballistics.

Does the book list the true BC of the 200g .308 accubond?

Bb

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Burleyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the book list the true BC of the 200g .308 accubond?

Bb </div></div>

His first edition did not have that bullet. However, its my understanding that the 2nd edition does in fact have it. I plan to purchase the 2nd edition soon. I really enjoyed the 1st. Very informative to anyone who plans to shoot long range.

The second edition has more BC's, including the Berger 308 Hybrids and the new and improved Hornady 178 BTHP.

Also, the second book has a lot more information on wind... the additional info on wind alone is reason to buy the second edition.