• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Budget series scopes....

WVlongranger

Private
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2019
I’m looking at spending no more than $1000 on a replacement scope for my 6.5x284. What is the best scope for the money and why?

The best answer I think would come from what are your intended uses for the rifle ?
What works best for PRS is quite a bit different than what is optimal for F-class shooting or hunting.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
For less than $1000 and if you like a FFP hunting scope the Burris Veracity works great for me. A well designed reticle easy to see at 2x and useful at 10x, covered turrets able to convert to exposed, good glass and not too heavy compared to tactical scopes. It just hits all the marks for a good hunting scope. I love my 2-10 for Midwest hunting. Other models are available.

Call Doug at Camera land. They have the Bushnell DMRii on sale for $999 right now. Other than that I would look at an Athlon Ares ETR which Doug can also help you with. Be sure to give him a call and not email him. Just let him know you are from here and he will take good care of you. You will hear nothing but great things about them and their CS here.

Call Doug at Camera land. They have the Bushnell DMRii on sale for $999 right now. Other than that I would look at an Athlon Ares ETR which Doug can also help you with. Be sure to give him a call and not email him. Just let him know you are from here and he will take good care of you. You will hear nothing but great things about them and their CS here.
Actually, if you mention SH when you call the Bushnell DMR2 3.5-21x50, in your choice of H59 or G3, is only $899.99 :)
We look forward to speaking with you
Doug
516-217-1000

Actually, if you mention SH when you call the Bushnell DMR2 3.5-21x50, in your choice of H59 or G3, is only $899.99 :)
We look forward to speaking with you
Doug
516-217-1000
call Doug!
This is your best choice, second would be the Ares ETR.
I recommend the H59.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
You can find decent used Leupold and Bushnell at that price point..

Veterans and Law Enforcement discount on Vortex is substantial through Expertcity… Hard to beat a PST II with the discount.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anb618