• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Building Home Gym- Anyone have info on price breaks/discounts from EliteFTS or Rogue?

oldirtdog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2011
Georgia
I am going to drop ~6K on building a home gym. Looking at EliteFTS and Rogue power racks, bumper plates, barbells, dumbbells, sled, adj bench, and various other items. Anyone have any info on getting price breaks or making any savings if going through distributors from either of these vendors? Or I am just stuck paying retail through their website? Any info is much appreciated.

I had a Rogue setup before in a detached garage. What really kills you is shipping. My buddy opened a gym and has a ton of Rogue equipment. It's all good stuff, but they don't advertise a lot of discounts.

The best you can probably due is try to order it all from one place, get them on the phone and see if they will give you a discount. Elite drop ships a lot of their stuff from the manufacturer so you will probably have less luck there. Rogue makes most of it themselves and stocks a lot of stuff they don't make, so you may be able to customize a package and try to haggle a bit of a discount or at least a discounted shipping rate if it all goes out together.

The other thing that you can do is go on craigslist or talk to friends. There's a lot of handy guys out there that probably have scrap steel lying around and can build you a sled, prowler, bench, and even a nice rack. Even if they have to order material, you can probably cut some costs by having it fabricated. There was a machinist guy in the space next to my friend's space, and he has built them a lot of stuff.

Good luck my friend.

Thank you for the response, it is appreciated. Yea the shipping is like $400 but if you buy $5k or more in one shot, it's free from Rogue. I really want it to be quality and American made and am willing to pay more to do so (which is why I am primarily looking at these two vendors). I'm going to get on the phone with them and see if I can haggle a little.

I've had my eye on Craigslist for a few months but most of the stuff on there is junk. I did score 800lbs of nice plates for a good price but that's about it. It seems to me that people that are serious enough to drop the coin on the good stuff hold onto it. Most of the stuff on there is from the jabroni's that bought a bowflex as part of their new years resolution and used it for 2 weeks.

I am a mechanical engineer by trade and have all the 3D CAD tools and knowledge to design this stuff and have it made, but getting the time to do so is the hard part. I do consulting on the side in addition to my 9-5 and with what I make doing that, it makes more sense to buy it then design and manage the build. Also, when I start adding up the cost of the materials, powder coat, quality hardware, and fabrication, there isn't a whole lot of savings there. I think the real savings comes from fabricating it yourself which I unfortunately do not have the tools to do so.

I might have what you are looking for, unless you are stuck on that brand, for about 1/3 what you want to spend. PM if interested

Call elitefts and see if they will work a deal, both have good equipment imo. FWIW Dave is a good guy, has the best gym as his showroom and tests some of his untested gear with real lifters. Me and a friend got to ruin a new chrome bar he got in, took 1015 on the bar to bend it doing rack pulls though lol. I used to train with Dave when he was competing.