• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report bullet drifting right at 500 + yards,

Re: bullet drifting right at 500 + yards,

850 asl . My rifle is a 1-10 twist.

Never said, I could read it that close across 1k, but glad you think I'm special.
blush.gif

I'll do my best to prove you correct, when the 300wm comes back.
grin.gif

The vertical spread is most definitely breathing or inconsistencies with a reload.

As for the right - like everyone else said.

Sorry, If I wasn't to the point. My barrel wouldn't keep the heavier bullets stable past 600yds. So I dropped weight. I have no idea why they wouldn't keep stable, I've 1:10 twist in 24". Maybe has something to do with the chrome-moly barrel, I don't know.

just go do a box text and work on trigger control, that way you can eliminate those factors.

Best go make lots of popcorn. 500 yards, its gotta be spin drift! I certainly hope this doesn't turn into another 50 page thread on SD. Although this was a great reminder, I believe Todd owes a lot of us Dallas area folks free ac service from the last spin drift thread.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cdfields</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi, Haven't been shooting very long, but shot in a match or two at hardrock. Shooting Savage 10fcp and was shooting 168Amax and from 600yds to 800yds bullet would drift 8" to the right consistently. Talked to Lonnie Hummell at Hornady and he stated probably spin drift. Started shooting 155's and solved problem. No canted scope, gun or trigger problems. This is just from my experience. </div></div>

Wind! 90% of all shots at HR are pushed by the wind to the right. The key is how much.

When sighting in a Sauer 200 STR (6,5x55) at 300 meters and then going to 600 meters, the rotational drift (spin drift?) is 8 cm to the right. That equals about 0,13 MILS. If you have sigthed in your rifle at 100 meters, the drift is of course bigger at 600 m than 0,13 but not by that much.