• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullet going to sleep

Meet Randy, an avid Reddit and ar15.com member. Randy learned today that bullets might go to sleep and that really freaks Randy out.

He will no longer take that risk...

1621546512981.png

Could it be that bullets go to sleep through favorable winds? I mean ammo that shoots .75” at 100 yards might produce a 2” group at 600 yards because of luck and the wind bouncing them into the right spot.

Yes, I will be going to sleep later tonight. I'll try to not drink too much and tumble on the way to my bed... Thanks

Reactions: Mumbles
Your point IS cut and dry. But it wasn't really germane to the OP's post and the ensuing discussion of Fudd lore because when Fudds mention bullets "going to sleep", they are specifically talking about a mythical, scientifically-impossible explanation for their baffling (to them) results on paper (namely, their theory that bullets steer back to point of aim after some distance, thereby tightening groups). And that MYTH was the subject of this discussion, NOT the real phenomenon described by Litz.
Thank you for making this post. Reading through this thread I was getting increasingly frustrated with people talking past each other.

Reactions: Odysseus1911