• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bulletseeker Mach 4 doppler chrono

I've been using the older version which works fine. I just downloaded the new one and will be using it tomorrow. I wasn't able to find it either until Nik H posted the actual name.

So…Do they both work? What’s the deal with the Bulletseeker app?
I just ordered the unit so won’t be able to tell you until it shows up. From what I have heard, the Speed Tracker is the latest version and corrects some earlier communication/connection issues

I just ordered the unit so won’t be able to tell you until it shows up. From what I have heard, the Speed Tracker is the latest version and corrects some earlier communication/connection issues
Don’t order it with anything hazmat…. Just found out some interesting info… Midway shipped the package to UPS on the 23rd, and it was scheduled to be here today (25th)…. But UPS won’t ship anything hazmat from their dock until they have enough to fill up a whole damn truck. And they haven’t scanned my package in at the UPS dock, so no idea when it’s gonna get here, because they shipped the damn Doppler unit in the same box. 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

So now there’s no damn telling when it will show up. Pretty stupid on Midway’s part, but it is what it is now… Had I known, I’d have ordered them separately. 😡 I’ll remember that next time…

Don’t order it with anything hazmat…. Just found out some interesting info… Midway shipped the package to UPS on the 23rd, and it was scheduled to be here today (25th)…. But UPS won’t ship anything hazmat from their dock until they have enough to fill up a whole damn truck. And they haven’t scanned my package in at the UPS dock, so no idea when it’s gonna get here, because they shipped the damn Doppler unit in the same box. 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

So now there’s no damn telling when it will show up. Pretty stupid on Midway’s part, but it is what it is now… Had I known, I’d have ordered them separately. 😡 I’ll remember that next time…
Why is this considered HAZMAT?

Why is this considered HAZMAT?
It's not... If you read my post from the other night (previous page) when I ordered it, you would see that I also ordered an 8 lb jug of powder during their Free-Hazmat promotion at the same time... They just shipped it all in the same damn box. Which is unusual, because normally, 8 lb jugs of powder come in it's own individual cardboard box, that they typically leave sealed, and just slap a new shipping label on it over the old one. But I guess they decided to ship them altogether... 🤦🏼

Reactions: Nik H

Ya I’m having shipping issues too. My new unit is getting sent directly from Australia and it got sent out on the 18th. Since then it’s been saying it’s ready for usps to pick it up and been stuck like that for a week. I have a hunter match in less than a month and am needing it bad. I’ve been without one for a month now

Reactions: FuhQ
Ya I’m having shipping issues too. My new unit is getting sent directly from Australia and it got sent out on the 18th. Since then it’s been saying it’s ready for usps to pick it up and been stuck like that for a week. I have a hunter match in less than a month and am needing it bad. I’ve been without one for a month now
We allowed the NWO/WEF elitist scumbags to fuck everything up based on Fauci lies starting in April 2020... The world is starting to get back to semi-normal, but I don't now if somethings were irreparably damaged. All shipping and mail went to shit during Covid, and it's still terrible...

Well out of the blue it showed up today! Huge relief. I thought it was supposed to be branded speed tracker but my new unit is branded still as the bullet seeker. Hopefully can go out and test the new unit this weekend.

image.jpg

Ok, so my unit came in today... It detected 3 movements with my hand and then the app froze, and the light on the unit stayed green, and it's not detected a goddamn thing since. I was able to clear the shot string, no more blue flashing light, no nothing but a solid green... So that means it's no detecting anything, and the radar is not working. I think the unit is frozen up.

Anyone know how reset this piece of shit before I send it back to Midway?

I've asked the manufacturer numerous times how to reset them and never received a response. The only thing I have been able to do is let it sit until the battery dies, which takes 4 to 5 days, and then recharge it. I heard the new units don't freeze up, but apparently they do if yours did. I don't think there is a way to hard reset them. IDK. Sad to hear the new units are bad too. If the green light is on and won't turn off, you're screwed until the battery dies.

I've asked the manufacturer numerous times how to reset them and never received a response. The only thing I have been able to do is let it sit until the battery dies, which takes 4 to 5 days, and then recharge it. I heard the new units don't freeze up, but apparently they do if yours did. I don't think there is a way to hard reset them. IDK. Sad to hear the new units are bad too. If the green light is on and won't turn off, you're screwed until the battery dies.
No, the green light is on, and it WILL turn back off. Just no flashing blue light when it detects a shot, and it won't detect anything in front of it. It connects to the app just fine. Everything works fine on it, except doing what it's supposed to fucking do...Detect velocities... It's like the radar unit inside it isn't operating. It picked up 3 movements of my hand in the first shot string, and then nothing...

It has one damn button on it, and i've tried to hold it down from 1 second to 1 minute trying to make it hard-reset. No reset...No luck...

I've tried plugging it into the computer to see if there's a way to update the software, but it doesn't detect it with my Mac. So, a loss there as well...

This fucker needs a reset button on it BAD. They need to fix their shit and make it more user-friendly.

Isn't the guy who makes these things on this forum & thread? What's his Username... I'm going to DM him directly.

It was for me. I use it nearly daily. I did have the green light of death where I had to wait until the battery died but it's been good to go since.

It was for me. I use it nearly daily. I did have the green light of death where I had to wait until the battery died but it's been good to go since.
So what mine is experiencing is a common issue? When your’s did the green light of death, did the unit freeze and stop reading velocities and stop flashing the blue light, too?

Mine read 3 movements with my hand, and then froze up. 🤦🏼

Mine went green and never responded. I can't remember if the app was able to connect or not. I'd let the battery drain it, charge and try again.

so whats the verdict? Is this thing a worthy replacement to labradar, at twice the price, to boot?
Mines a new unit. Got it 2 months ago.
It connects to the app but doesn't pick up any shots. I've tried every location possible to mount it. Also there is no break or suppressor on the gun. So it being blocked is not the problem. I'm still trying to get mine replaced.
Seeing as my case seems to be pretty normal I would say no. Use the labradar until they get their product sorted out. It may be more bulky but at least the damn thing works and it costs less to boot.

Reactions: Rhed
Mine went green and never responded. I can't remember if the app was able to connect or not. I'd let the battery drain it, charge and try again.
That's what I'm working on right now...Hopefully it will be drained soon. Should be getting close by now.

Ok, so the battery got down to like 9% and when it did, the thing started randomly reading off shot numbers from 730-750 FPS like every 1-3 seconds...It got up to 400 shots and I had to shut off my phone. I turned the volume off so I could watch the battery level drop, but it started overheating my phone, so I had to close out of the app. Now it's just sitting on a tripod, and facing a blank wall, and the green light flashes blue, and then orange for a second, then green again, then flashes blue (like it's taking a shot), and then orange, then green, etc... Just over and over and over again. Did anyone else's unit do this when the battery got low after the green light of death, or am I experiencing some weird defective unit?

Now I'm just letting it sit and do it's thing facing a blank wall until the battery completely crashes... Hopefully that will fix it?

Also, one cool thing I discovered was you can set the second counter all the way up to 9999 seconds, which is roughly 2.75 hours of continuous run-time before shutting itself off. Pretty cool.

Drained the battery down to 0%, charged it back to 100% overnight. Just turned it back on, connected it with the App, and NOTHING... Just a solid green light. I'm over this piece of shit. And I'm over NOT getting any customer service here on the forum from the guy who owns the company. I've DM'd him, I've tagged him on here. I've talked about having an issue. NOTHING.

I'm going to submit a replacement from Midway USA, and if the new unit won't work right, I'm demanding a full-refund.

Reactions: Mr Punisher
Just submitted a return. Return accepted for replacement. Packaged, and will be on it's way back to Midway USA on Monday morning.

Reactions: BoulderE89
I’m confused. I thought green light meant connected because mine turns green when connected. I knocked mine off bench into concrete very first time and thought it’s be screwed but months later it works.

I connect mine all on MPA or XLR arca rails via the RRS screw knob adapter, forget its name. Area419 muzzle brakes are fine with 100+ detections. Ultra7 is more like 50ish detections, it varies but typically a “yellow” rating. Fatter dominus can have failures to read or low detections.

I have not played around much with mounting it separately under muzzle.

Mine is one of the original models.

@FuhQ - uh, maybe need a bigger hammer? Ok, not funny but....wow, this thing doesn't seem like its ready for prime time. Glad you got it from a major retailer who will refund you if needed.

hammer-game.gif

• Haha
@FuhQ - uh, maybe need a bigger hammer? Ok, not funny but....wow, this thing doesn't seem like its ready for prime time. Glad you got it from a major retailer who will refund you if needed.

hammer-game.gif
Yeah, I'm glad I could donate $1,100 fucking dollars to the cause of prototyping... But I'm also glad I got it from Midway, so I can send it back and get it replaced/refunded easily. Midway has always been great about CS, so that's helping me not seethe over my wasted money.

If anyone is taking a chance on one, make sure you get it from Midway so you can easily get your money back when it doesn't fucking work right directly out of the bag.

Yes, you read that correctly... I said "bag"... Because mine didn't even come in a cardboard box to protect it. It was in a soft canvas zipper bag inside a giant cardboard box with a couple small pieces of packing, and an 8 lbs. jug of powder that you KNOW was mishandled by UPS every chance they got, so it probably got slammed around in there before it got to me. Not sure what's up with the soft canvas zipper bag, and no protective cardboard box, but that's a pretty stupid way to ship something that costs over $1,000 USD, in my opinion... 🤦🏼

Reactions: Baron23
Yeah, I'm glad I could donate $1,100 fucking dollars to the cause of prototyping... But I'm also glad I got it from Midway, so I can send it back and get it replaced/refunded easily. Midway has always been great about CS, so that's helping me not seethe over my wasted money.

If anyone is taking a chance on one, make sure you get it from Midway so you can easily get your money back when it doesn't fucking work right directly out of the bag.

Yes, you read that correctly... I said "bag"... Because mine didn't even come in a cardboard box to protect it. It was in a soft canvas zipper bag inside a giant cardboard box with a couple small pieces of packing, and an 8 lbs. jug of powder that you KNOW was mishandled by UPS every chance they got, so it probably got slammed around in there before it got to me. Not sure what's up with the soft canvas zipper bag, and no protective cardboard box, but that's a pretty stupid way to ship something that costs over $1,000 USD, in my opinion... 🤦🏼

This is what I was anticipating sadly..Thanks for posting.

My opinion (and its worth what you paid for it..) is that products like this need to come at a discount when they are new to the market, knowing that the first adopters bare the weight of the product testing for the manufacturer.

Ive seen some people complain about Labradar, but all of the issues sound fixable. This on the other hand, for double the price..seems like a crapshoot. At $1000..I'll pass.

Reactions: ToddM
This is what I was anticipating sadly..Thanks for posting.

My opinion (and its worth what you paid for it..) is that products like this need to come at a discount when they are new to the market, knowing that the first adopters bare the weight of the product testing for the manufacturer.

Ive seen some people complain about Labradar, but all of the issues sound fixable. This on the other hand, for double the price..seems like a crapshoot. At $1000..I'll pass.
My opinion having finally handled one, and seeing how it worked (those 3 marvelous times it actually read something REAL)... In current beta form (since they obviously still haven't worked all the bugs out), the thing is actually worth about $500...IF it works... And right now, IMO, that's a BIG "IF"... Which means it damn-sure better work for $1,100 MF'ing dollars.

Apparently you can't get any CS here on the forum either. I still haven't heard from the owner after DM'ing him and tagging him in a post... You want my money, but you're nowhere to be found when your product doesn't fucking work like you said it would? 🤷🏼 They also need to build a manual reset button into that stupid thing. Even something small and recessed that you punch with a ballpoint pen or something. Just something that will manually override the processor and hard-reset the unit.

The reason I bought this over a LabRadar, is the same things that I dislike about my MagnetoSpeed V2 that I've had for a decade... It's big, bulky, requires cables and batteries, and you have to monitor your shot strings manually with either pen & paper, or pictures with your phone. This supposedly solves all those problems, and it's in a super small compact package you can fit in your pocket...And it has Bluetooth and a really cool app.

Like I said, the 3 times it actually worked, it was awesome! I just hope they get the bugs worked out of it, and I hope my replacement unit works like it's supposed to.

Reactions: Dario Sarti
I gotta get mine out to the range more and report back. Are most of y’all using the developer app still or have you moved on to the one that anyone can get from the App Store?

I gotta get mine out to the range more and report back. Are most of y’all using the developer app still or have you moved on to the one that anyone can get from the App Store?
I had both apps downloaded, but apparently the “SpeedTracker” app is the newest version.

Reactions: Conqueror
I finally received 2 replacement units for the 2 older units I had that were freezing up. I'll report on how they run once I get to the range.

Well... I still never heard from the owner of the company, but the new unit arrived today...

I turned it on, opened the app, everything connected just fine (Green lights)..........Aaaaaaaaaand NOTHING... No blue flash, no readings...

It will not pickup anything. At least the first defective unit picked up 3 times. This one hasn't picked up shit since it came out of the zipper bag. WTAF is going on with these things??? Am I doing something wrong? It has 1 fucking button on it... It can't be that complicated. Am I supposed to turn it on and let it warm up or something? They come with ZERO instructions in the bag.

And yes, I do have the most recent update for the app from a few days ago.

Where you at @Shooter CZ ??? 🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼

Man and we thought LabRadar had some issues when they first came out.......wowza. Looks like I dodged a bullet on this one.

Man and we thought LabRadar had some issues when they first came out.......wowza. Looks like I dodged a bullet on this one.
Luckily I got it from Midway USA, so I can get a full refund or full store credit towards buying a damn LabRadar. I was hoping to avoid the LabRadar because of how damn big and bulky it is, and how much shit you have to buy to make it work...Tripod, case/cover, batteries, magnetic trigger for subsonic/rimfire ammo, etc..., etc..., etc... This was supposed to do it all in one nice compact unit.

Another weird thing I noticed, was the original one I bought came in a "BulletSeeker" logo bag. This new one came in a "Longshot" logo bag, but both units said "Speedtracker Mach 4" on the sides of the housing.

I'm going to kill the battery on it, and recharge it, and see if that will fix it, like some of the other guys said their's did this same thing right out of the box, as well.

FWIW my updated unit has been working awesome. The new update I got recently on the SpeedTracker app is way more user friendly to me. The new unit gets between 100-200+ detections, connects pain free and is consistent on its readings.

Hate seeing the struggles @FuhQ is having. Especially getting in touch with the owner. That looks bad. When the system works, which I’ve been lucky enough to have, it’s amazing.

Luckily I got it from Midway USA, so I can get a full refund or full store credit towards buying a damn LabRadar. I was hoping to avoid the LabRadar because of how damn big and bulky it is, and how much shit you have to buy to make it work...Tripod, case/cover, batteries, magnetic trigger for subsonic/rimfire ammo, etc..., etc..., etc... This was supposed to do it all in one nice compact unit.
Yeah when it first came out it was certainly promising. That's one reason I like buying from Brownells too, even if they are not aways the rock bottom price. They must be the last store in existence that offers a "forever" guarantee where there's really no questions asked on returns for many products. Probably won't last long since people almost certainly abuse it, just like Cabelas/REI/Costco etc. when they had very flexible return policies.

Hopefully they get the issues worked out, I think the biggest complaint on the LabRadar over the years has been a lack of innovation/update. It's been out since what 2015 with no significant changes and I hear the same issues from guys that buy one now, as we did when it first came out.

Battery should be dead on it by the time I get off work this afternoon, so I can recharge it, and see if it will act right. 🤷🏼

I noticed this morning that when I turned it back on before I left for work to finish off the battery, when the battery got down below 10% it was lighting up blue flashes, and continuously reading ghost velocities in the ~750 FPS range every second, just like my very first unit did? Anyone else experienced this?

I've had readings of 750 or so but that's usually when my phone is out in front of it or some other electrical device.

Have you tried to connect to it with a different phone or tablet? It seems really weird to have the same problem with two different units.

I've had readings of 750 or so but that's usually when my phone is out in front of it or some other electrical device.

Have you tried to connect to it with a different phone or tablet? It seems really weird to have the same problem with two different units.
Just tried it on an old iPhone 7 I had laying around from years ago, that was running a REALLY old version of iOS. Still didn't work. I'm going to update it to the newest available for it, I think it's iOS 15.7.something. And see if it works?

Does yours work inside? How far does it need to be from a wall? Are there any things I need to keep it away from? I had it sitting on a pool table and about 8' from a solid wall with nothing moving on it. So there shouldn't have been any inference...

I haven’t tried it inside. I just use it on the gun. Just make sure your phone is not on front of it.

I haven’t tried it inside. I just use it on the gun. Just make sure your phone is not on front of it.
Phone is never in front of it. I'm killing the battery again, to see if fixes it, and to see if it does the weird ghost readings again.

Since I've made sure to keep my phone behind the rifle I've not seen those weird readings again. The owner told me any electrical interference can cause that but not always. Basically, I use mine outside and don't do anything with it inside now.

I took my 2 replacement units to the range yesterday and ran them. They worked great. I also like the new app. It has some quality upgrades when compared to the old app. Everything seems to be working well again. I shot 80 rounds and gathered some good data. Everything worked as it should.

Well... I killed the battery again last night, and I'm charging it now. I'll test it this evening outside to see if it works.

Does it pickup subsonic suppressed .22 pistols and subsonic suppressed .300 BLK just fine? Just wondering, as I can shoot those outside here into the berm and not bother anyone nearby, but I don't like to shoot supersonic suppressed unless I'm killing a snake or something, because I have a lot of older folks nearby, and I don't want to scare them. But subsonics sound like a Passlode framing nailer, so it's a bit more benign and less obvious what it is.

Sorry to post with the link to my other posts, but I tried the ST and sent it back. My shooting buddy has a ST and it seemed to work well for him with his 6.5CM. It didn't work well with my 300PRC, but I bought one anyways thinking I could tweak the positioning to cut through the PRC's plasma cloud. While it would pick up shots from my 6BR, it would not pick up shots from the 6BR suppressed or shots from my 300PRC (unsuppressed). I tried multiple mounting positions with no luck. For $1,100, it just just flat out work. I returned it Midway while my return window was still open.

I tried an AndiScan a few weeks later with nothing but hanging it on my 300PRC and it worked. Provided for nothing more than to add my experiences as I too dislike carting around the labradar.

Original test post (don't go by the text that the link box displays, it will take you to my bookmarked posts):

Return posts:

AndiScan post:

Did you try using the funnel adapter on the TS? Mine would not pick up my 300 PRC with a brake without the adapter.

Did you try using the funnel adapter on the TS? Mine would not pick up my 300 PRC with a brake without the adapter.
Yes. I tried both configurations. As it was also on an AI where the rail is set back, I also had differing mounts that placed the unit on the rail, and also at two differing positions forward in case the 20degree cone was being affected by the barrel.

ETA - I should have bought your Andi when you sold it. ;)

Reactions: parshal
Sorry to post with the link to my other posts, but I tried the ST and sent it back. My shooting buddy has a ST and it seemed to work well for him with his 6.5CM. It didn't work well with my 300PRC, but I bought one anyways thinking I could tweak the positioning to cut through the PRC's plasma cloud. While it would pick up shots from my 6BR, it would not pick up shots from the 6BR suppressed or shots from my 300PRC (unsuppressed). I tried multiple mounting positions with no luck. For $1,100, it just just flat out work. I returned it Midway while my return window was still open.
Had almost identical experience with ST and ended up returning mine.

Now on the fence with the AndiScan. Don't want to drop 1k+ if it is not going to be 100% reliable. Wish the AndiScan was available from US retailer so I could return it if there are any issues.

Reactions: Defender3
Had almost identical experience with ST and ended up returning mine.

Now on the fence with the AndiScan. Don't want to drop 1k+ if it is not going to be 100% reliable. Wish the AndiScan was available from US retailer so I could return it if there are any issues.
What I'm finding with the chronos, particularly the radar chronos, is none are 100% reliable. I've had a Magnetospeed and a Labradar in the past, I currently have a Bulletseeker and an AndiScan. Haven't had any that worked all the time or that picked up every shot without fail. My go to at this point is the AndiScan, all things considered. It's given me a good combination of ease of use and consistency. Just my 2 cents.