• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bulletseeker Mach 4 doppler chrono

I freely admit that I'm a "Gadget Guy". Got the alert from MidwayUSA that this was back in stock ... thought I was going to buy one until I read this thread and decided it's not ready for prime-time (yet). I'll stick with my Labradar ... a little bulky, but it's always worked just fine.

yes I got in touch. This is a new model, the blue LED is off when pairing. But still the application does not see BS
These problems were not in the speedtracker, but in my Xiaomi phone. I connected an iPhone, pairing is very fast, everything is fine. I'm sorry .

I have to say that my device with the parabolic adaptor has worked both indoors and outdoors on two suppressed rifles - a 22LR and a 6.5x47. Both worked best when mounted on the spigot mount (arca side down with an arca to picatinny adapter) of my MPA chassis. The 6.5x47 worked the same inside and outside. For the 22LR, I had to move it back and at an angle (so it doesnt block the optic) to the night vision bridge. No connectivity issues on my iPhone and the unit performed as advertised. I have serial number #959. Also have to point out that tech support was very responsive to questions I had. However, I would encourage anyone having issues or thinking about getting this unit to watch the technical seminar that answers a lot of questions. Placement is key with this device, but I could say the same for my Labradar and the form factor is fantastic.
I ordered mine this week and it's due in today. How do i watch the technical seminar? Looking forward to it. Going to the range tomorrow and see how it does.

Received my BS4 this past week and went out Sunday and spent three hours doing load development on my LR.308. Had to put a small picatinny rail at the 9oclock position to hold the BS4. First shot – nothing. I was not going to admit this, but it was my fault it did not pickup the first shot (I put it on backwards). Did not miss a shot after shooting 90 rounds of load development.

NOTE: Ensure you set the setting in the switch off after (sec) to enough time. The factory setting is set at 300 seconds. I switched mine to 3,600. Will probably set up to 10,800 (3 hours). After 3 hours on it being on, battery was still over 50% charged.

The only thing I had a problem was the quick discount would come off after maybe a dozen shots (recoil maybe to much). I do not like the quick discount mount that came with it. Looking at finding something better.

Then I hooked up my magneto speed V3 to it and test velocity test on some extra ammo I had on hand. The BS4 was anywhere from 10-15 fps slower than the MSV3.
Really like the APP (had it on my iPad). Recommend installing app on something bigger than a cell phone (easier to read and keying in the information). I was smart enough to set all my strings (13 in total) ahead of time with the relevant information (i.e., Load information).
Nice thing is after shooting, you can go and review everything.
Recharging the MS4 took less than 1 hour. Next time out I will take a battery pack and see if the MS4 will function with the battery pack attached to it.
Next time i'll take pictures and try it with a suppressor on.

So as things stand now, the old bullet seekers can be traded in for improved SpeedTracker mach4 free of charge , product kinks should have been ironed out in SpeedTracker, and the new updated app is up to improve the user experience.

Unfortunately, prices also went up so the best deal was the early birds that now get to trade in old Bullet trackers and get new and improved units in return.

I myself am also sending my very early Bullet Seeker in for replacement even though i haven't had issues except for sigle freeze up till the battery runs out.

Klara is still doing the after-sales.

I am making some accessories for the speed tracker to extend the utility, will post once i test them on the new unit.

* am also a Speed tracker distributor so might not be unbiased:rolleyes:

I see now in US they are available even trough Midway USA

Last edited:
Is this official? I've had some recent interactions with Tech Support regarding my BS4 and they were standing by product placement as the reason for my issues and as of two weeks ago were not willing to swap anything.

From what i was told by Klara they have instructed dealers to enable trading in faulty units. So it now probably more a question of how particular dealers handle it , i imagine overseas is much more of an hassle to ship, import-export a trade-in units.

You mean not detecting stuff? that is most likely a alignment issue, When i have it fixed to the rifle its always picking things up but with tripods its much more of a hassle so i am 3d printing some parts to help with aligment from tripods.
Misaligned new and improved unit will not fair any better.

I think the known issue they consider is the device freeze

Okay so this thing has been changed (upgraded) and you are supposed to contact them for a replacement

Mine unit works pretty darn good, I would like to order the new one to compare it, but the site says it's out of stock ?

What is the path to swap this out or can we maybe order one off the site as it says out of stock ?

Does the new software work with the old unit ?

I sure hope they let the "early adopters" trade in their units for replacement. I bought 2 units in September 2022 and both of them have the "freeze-up" problem. I can't go to the range to do load development with them because I never know when they will freeze up and leave me unable to collect data. As of now, they are just really expensive paper weights because I cannot rely on them to work when needed. When they work they are great, but not knowing when they will freeze makes them useless.

Reactions: ReturnFire
App is called SpeedTracker Mach4 and looks practically the same as old Bulletseeker app.

Definetly in the running for worst website ever.

NEW Speedtracker M4 APP​

UPDATE*** 11APRIL2023
NEW Speedtracker APP is “Almost” ready to go. Yes, you read that correctly.

786b1e_629e071546fa45f68d6a777922ce7c9b~mv2.jpg

We have some IT issues with the APP developers and are working quickly to address this.

😁 GOOD NEWS - iOS is working on the new Speedtracker M4 App. There are no connectivity issues.

🙂 LESS GOOD NEWS - Android is working on most phones.

🫤 But some are not connecting. We are working on some of the other phones that are having issues. For example;
  • Xiaomi is currently not connecting.
  • Samsung is connecting.

If you are having issues connecting, please reach out to application(at)speedtracker.tech We will address each request.
This is affecting a small number of customers, but we want to make you aware in case this is happening to you.

IF you are using a BULLETSEEKER. Please use the M4 BULLETSEEKER APP with ANDROID devices.

IF you are using have an APPLE product with iOS you can use the NEW SPEEDTRACKER M4 App or the previous M4 BULLETSEEKER APP

For SPEEDTRACKER, ONLY use the new M4 APP on both Android and iOS devices.
The NEW M4 App for SPEEDTRACKER also works with iOS on BULLETSEEKER.

As there are some development updates coming, please check back here, or leave your comments if you are having any issues.

Reactions: stevenc23
I’m just joining the thread. My friend Kythe and I got our BulletSeekers around Christmas last December.

Kythe’s unit was reporting fewer detections than mine. Using the same gun and ammo.

Longshot camera is where we got ours and they replaced his Bulletseeker. I continued to use mine. Then when I lent it out to get adapter plates made I had to measure MV for a short .50bmg. So I used Kythe’s BS and it died again.

Kythe’s BS stopped working.

It got replaced.

I set mine to measure some center fire .308 and .338 lapua magnum. I got abysmally low MV. Like 700 fps. Went home and tried it on my ruger precision rimfire. Got over 800 fps.

Going to go to the range again to try getting measurements again.

Last edited:
Just received my speedtracker. No issues with my centerfire rifles but having problems getting any readings with my 22lr rifles. Have tried different positions with and without the parabolic adapter.
Any suggestions for those that have used it with 22lr? Thanks

Just received my speedtracker. No issues with my centerfire rifles but having problems getting any readings with my 22lr rifles. Have tried different positions with and without the parabolic adapter.
Any suggestions for those that have used it with 22lr? Thanks
Not sure what the problem is. As mentioned above. I tested mine with my .22LR Ruger Precision Rimfire. I was shooting subsonic ammo and got really high detections. Like 400 detections.

Not sure what the problem is. As mentioned above. I tested mine with my .22LR Ruger Precision Rimfire. I was shooting subsonic ammo and got really high detections. Like 400 detections.
Where did you position SpeedTracker relative to the barrel? Do you use the parabolic adapter?

I’ve had my BS4 for about a month now and have used it on centerfire rifles, 22lr rifle and a 5.7 ROCK Pistol. The App works great with no loss of connectivity. I set the strings up before hand prior to going out to the range. I’m usually shooting about 3-4 hours’ worth of shooting and battery has held up well.

The only complaint is the clamp. However, I just ordered the PRS BTC-PRO Clamp and should be good to go (this will be able to hook up to a picatinny rail or ARCA rail).

If you want to upgrade I made an adapter to use 17S mounts.

If you want to upgrade I made an adapter to use 17S mounts.

I ordered one from you today.

Reactions: Solscud007
Can someone share some log files with me please? If you have a log file with more than 1 string - please share it (even with low count of shots).
mikebg6(at)gmail.com
Thank you!

I took my BS out to the range last Saturday and it gave weird readings for my 5.56 or .338 Lapua magnum. Like 700 and less fps. It did pick up my friend’s RimX shooting Wolf .22lr. And had SD of 10 with fps over 1k

Attachments

• 110A6953-F929-4FAB-AA3C-981C0078410B.png
    110A6953-F929-4FAB-AA3C-981C0078410B.png
    591.9 KB · Views: 53
First picture shows the BS4 mounted under the handguard of a .308 AR-10 (PIC Rail).
2nd Picture shows the BS4 mounted on the side on the of the handguard on a .223 AR-15 (pic rail).AR-10.jpgAR-15 mounted on Pic Rail on the side.jpg

I used a friend's unit out at Quantico last weekend and was very impressed, even though the unit was mounted so far back due to my rail setup that we were only getting 40+ detections with the 300PRC. Decided to order one from Midway Monday (which was a bit cheaper than from SSD) and it arrived today. Hope to have it out for testing and use shortly. From the stock sticker on the unit, looks like Midway received the unit on 4/14. Unit is number 03532 FWIW and came with firmware V2.8.

IMG_5652.jpg

For those with longer barrels and missing attachment points, you can do other stuff like putting a tripod under the barrel and what not, really simplistic stuff to get the unit in line with the shot

IMG_3538.JPG

This method worked well, and you can do the same thing with a tripod. I thought I had a picture of it, but putting the rifle on a tripod and then the bullet seekers on a tripod under the barrel was pretty good too

So as things stand now, the old bullet seekers can be traded in for improved SpeedTracker mach4 free of charge , product kinks should have been ironed out in SpeedTracker, and the new updated app is up to improve the user experience.

Unfortunately, prices also went up so the best deal was the early birds that now get to trade in old Bullet trackers and get new and improved units in return.

I myself am also sending my very early Bullet Seeker in for replacement even though i haven't had issues except for sigle freeze up till the battery runs out.

Klara is still doing the after-sales.

I am making some accessories for the speed tracker to extend the utility, will post once i test them on the new unit.

* am also a Speed tracker distributor so might not be unbiased:rolleyes:

I see now in US they are available even trough Midway USA

If you or anyone else has any information that would help me get the problems resolved with my 2 BS4 units, I would appreciate it. I purchased 2 units in September 2022 directly from BulletSeeker and they will not respond to my emails or attempts to get my units fixed or repaired. The last response I got was from Klara in late February this year. She said she was sorry to hear that I had problems with the units freezing up and asked me for the unit serial numbers. I provided the serial numbers and a detailed description of the freezing-up problems I'm having and she has not responded to any emails since then. I've tried to be patient but I am really fed up at this point. I was an early adopter that helped them get their product out there and now I am starting to think I am just out $2,000 with junk units while new buyers get the upgrade. Any help would be appreciated.

If you or anyone else has any information that would help me get the problems resolved with my 2 BS4 units, I would appreciate it. I purchased 2 units in September 2022 directly from BulletSeeker and they will not respond to my emails or attempts to get my units fixed or repaired. The last response I got was from Klara in late February this year. She said she was sorry to hear that I had problems with the units freezing up and asked me for the unit serial numbers. I provided the serial numbers and a detailed description of the freezing-up problems I'm having and she has not responded to any emails since then. I've tried to be patient but I am really fed up at this point. I was an early adopter that helped them get their product out there and now I am starting to think I am just out $2,000 with junk units while new buyers get the upgrade. Any help would be appreciated.
Try the newer email address?

If so, try re-sending from a different email provider.

My experience FWIW. Have a labradar and magneeto and like them both but was loving the idea of the Bulletseeker. Small form factor and quick and easy to attach/set up. Most of my rifles are in MPA chassis so figured mounting on the spigot directly under the barrel would work well. Unfortunately picking up shots was not consistent on several of my rifles. Some rifles it worked great but others I struggled to get detections. Could not get any detections shooting my 6.5 PRC with big suppressor. Tried several different positions and nothing. Was hoping this could replace both my LR and MS but since it didn't work on all rifles I ended up returning the unit. LR and MS each have some drawbacks but they work nearly 100% on all of my rifles. Love the idea and form factor but did not work consistently with my setup.

Reactions: skyrep
My experience FWIW. Have a labradar and magneeto and like them both but was loving the idea of the Bulletseeker. Small form factor and quick and easy to attach/set up. Most of my rifles are in MPA chassis so figured mounting on the spigot directly under the barrel would work well. Unfortunately picking up shots was not consistent on several of my rifles. Some rifles it worked great but others I struggled to get detections. Could not get any detections shooting my 6.5 PRC with big suppressor. Tried several different positions and nothing. So ended up returning the unit. Love the idea and form factor but did not work consistently with my setup
Yeesh.
This combined with the connectivity / app challenges really is cold water.

Gen 2 / Gen 3 will have these worked out along with costs.

So, any updates to this... I am wanting to buy one of these for convenience and the small compact package. I've had my MSv2 for almost 10 years now, and while it works great, it's a pain in the ass to swap around from gun to gun, and the cable is irritating. Plus, it affects POI from weight handing off the barrel, etc... It's extremely accurate, but I like the idea of being able to mount this under the barrel, or beside it on a tripod, and just be able to switch guns without any extra work. Plus, it would be handy for load development, to avoid having to hang something off the barrel changing your harmonics and POI.

Any updates from folks? How is the iOS app working?

Reactions: Nebulous
So, any updates to this... I am wanting to buy one of these for convenience and the small compact package. I've had my MSv2 for almost 10 years now, and while it works great, it's a pain in the ass to swap around from gun to gun, and the cable is irritating. Plus, it affects POI from weight handing off the barrel, etc... It's extremely accurate, but I like the idea of being able to mount this under the barrel, or beside it on a tripod, and just be able to switch guns without any extra work. Plus, it would be handy for load development, to avoid having to hang something off the barrel changing your harmonics and POI.

Any updates from folks? How is the iOS app working?
FWIW, I love mine, WHEN THEY WORK! I have a Labradar, a Magnetospeed, an AndiScan, and the BS4, and the BS4 is my favorite of the 4, if it is working. I bought 2 of the BS4s when they first came out last Fall. My units have the dreaded freeze up problem. I am told the current, newer units do not freeze up. Mine work most of the time, but when they freeze up, I'm done for the day. I have been trying for 3 months to get mine replaced and Klara keeps telling me they will have a distributor replace them but they will not make it happen. They tell SSD to replace my units in emails and SSD ignores it. They refuse to have MidwayUSA replace my units, even though that would probably be super easy. So.....it sounds like the newer units have the freeze-up problem resolved but don't buy a used one or you'll probably get screwed. My guess is you would be okay if you got one through MidwayUSA.

Last edited:
Reactions: FuhQ
FWIW, I love mine, WHEN THEY WORK! I have a Labradar, a Magnetospeed, an AndiScan, and the BS4, and the BS4 is my favorite of the 4, if it is working. I bought 2 of the BS4s when they first came out last Fall. My units have the dreaded freeze up problem. I am told the current, newer units do not freeze up. Mine work most of the time, but when they freeze up, I'm done for the day. I have been trying for 3 months to get mine replaced and Klara keeps telling me they will have a distributor replace them but they will not make it happen. They tell SSD to replace my units in emails and SSD ignores me. They refuse to have MidwayUSA replace my units, even though that would probably be super easy. So.....it sounds like the newer units have the freeze-up problem resolved but don't buy a used one or you'll probably get screwed. My guess is you would be okay if you got one through MidwayUSA.
It's in my Midway cart as we speak... Just wanted to get some confirmation that the newer versions have the bugs and kinks worked out before dropping $1,100 on a turd, if it ever messed up. Not sure how big of a pain in the ass it would be if it was outside of the return period from Midway, but being as to how big of a company they are, and how good their returns and customer service have been in the past, I bet Midway would probably replace it, and then deal with the manufacturer over a new one. Don't quote me on that, but just figured that might be how it would go down, if there were to be an issue. How is it dealing with the BS4 company directly? I know they're in the CZ, and not America, but have they been good on CS to deal with?

Well, I decided to buy a BSM4 about 15 minutes ago from Midway, because they also had a free hazmat deal going, and I picked up an 8 lb’r of Hodgdon LeverEvolution for the 6mm ARC. We’ll see how it works, and I’ll report back. Hopefully it’ll be in before next weekend…Midway is typically very quick, so it probably will. 👍🏼

I was able to get in contact with klara and get a new unit coming my way. Klara was great to work with, and quick to get a response. The other people that work there that I was in contact with were slow to respond and took several emails to get things going.

I was able to get in contact with klara and get a new unit coming my way. Klara was great to work with, and quick to get a response. The other people that work there that I was in contact with were slow to respond and took several emails to get things going.
That's good to know. I'm assuming they're just sending you a prepaid return label for the old one? Or do you have to pay shipping to Czech out of pocket? Or, did they get you helped through a dealer, like Midway USA? Just curious to know incase something is wrong with mine, or if it ever has any issues.

Klara has been quick to respond to my emails but won't send replacements. She insists that I swap through SSD. However, SSD won't play ball. Seems the customer service is hit and miss. I've been trying to get replacements for 2 units for 3 months with no luck.

Klara has been quick to respond to my emails but won't send replacements. She insists that I swap through SSD. However, SSD won't play ball. Seems the customer service is hit and miss. I've been trying to get replacements for 2 units for 3 months with no luck.
That's good info to know, but sounds like a bad situation for you with a shitty dealer. Don't know who SSD is, but I'm glad I went the Midway route.

That's good to know that since they are overseas, they use the dealer you bought it through for direct replacements, if there's an issue. And Midway has amazing CS and is always super helpful. I'm glad I bought through them, instead of some other dealer.

Reactions: skyrep
You'll be much better off with MidwayUSA. SSD is in the Netherlands and was the only dealer available in 2022 when I bought my 2 units. I'm sure you'll do well with the upgraded BS4 and buying through Midway. All the best.

I reached out to Bullet Seeker about my defective unit. They had by return it to Long Shot Camera where I got it and they sent a replacement. It is the Speed Tracker.