• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bulletseeker Mach 4 doppler chrono

MrBR; gotta link to where we can get this Parabolic “booster” lens?
Thx.

would like to see a review in English and with a read gun used not just air rifles .
it's not cheaper price wise , but it is a smaller unit to tote around .
792 Pound sterling equals
958.72 United States Dollar

would like to see a review in English and with a read gun used not just air rifles .
it's not cheaper price wise , but it is a smaller unit to tote around .
792 Pound sterling equals
958.72 United States Dollar
Following hoping to see some testing on a decent caliber centerfire. European ELR guys are using them, but haven't posted too much about their experiences. If they can get the IOS app out, I just may order one.

Reactions: VSP968
The thing works no problem so far and i see APP is being updated almost weekly, but i see the booster lens as must have in the near future as the length of the barrel past the stock/chassis in certain configurations, particularly when outfitted with a longer suppressor can be close to BS4 measuring distance.

If you stick suppressor on such a configuration , you might be beyond BS4 measuring distance without booster lens .
1592077677741-png.7350395

Last edited:
The thing works no problem so far and i see APP is being updated almost weekly, but i see the booster lens as must have in the near future as the length of the barrel past the stock in certain configurations, particularly when outfitted with a longer suppressors can be close to BS4 measuring distance.

If you stick suppressor on such a configuration , you might be beyond BS4 measuring distance without booster lens .
1592077677741-png.7350395
Unless I'm missing it in the Google Play store, I haven't seen the IOS app.

I'm fortunate to have a couple of rail extenders in my stash for when I owned an M14 Sage EBR stock. Top is a LaRue Tactical LT608 (no longer produced) and the bottom is a Chinese knock-off. Each offers a 24cm extension.

IMG_2970-2442659.jpg

Interesting concept, but No Thanks, Service from the EU is always crap. Language barriers, time difference, International Shipping. Not to mention it's more expensive. I'll be keeping my Labradar.

Interesting concept, but No Thanks, Service from the EU is always crap. Language barriers, time difference, International Shipping. Not to mention it's more expensive. I'll be keeping my Labradar.
This is my concern with something so new. There’s enough evidence it works but longevity of anything electronic is always a gamble.

Yes , i have something similar inbound from Gunwarrior, but might end up making a 3d printed Arca clamp for the Bullet seeker to replace the Picatinny clamp it comes with from the factory. For now i added 3d printed Picatinny bridges to two of my rifles, but would eventually like to see this mounted on an Arca rail on the bottom of the stock or chassis

It’s good. Spent some time with mine and no complaints or weird annoying things with it. Happy with it, I just need to mount a pic rail to my stock.

How many velocity measurements per shot does it return? The LabRadar returns about 20 measurements and their measured distance with each shot. It returns velocities out to about a max of 100yds. How does this Mach4 do?

How many velocity measurements per shot does it return? The LabRadar returns about 20 measurements and their measured distance with each shot. It returns velocities out to about a max of 100yds. How does this Mach4 do?
The mach4 only records muzzle velocity. Which as far as I’m concerned is all you need anyways.

I understand having multiple readings at distance is nice to have, however i agree with @rydah on this. Muzzle velo, or close to. We have apps which we use, BC we use, and finally, hit targets at distance to verify.

Plus being compact is awesome.

It's kinda cool but it attaches to the rifle and gives 1 velocity per shot. I don't see much difference between it and the MagnetoSpeed. Besides price.

Magneto has a wire / cable, and is attached infront of muzzle, so adds to your overall length.
Magneto is also cheaper, VERY fast, no data connection issues, and presents the data you want, live (max, min, ES, SD, avg). Pick your poison..
a7ek92q.jpg

It's kinda cool but it attaches to the rifle and gives 1 velocity per shot. I don't see much difference between it and the MagnetoSpeed. Besides price.
While V3 is cool in its own right (i still own one),by the time you add the mounts like Wiser precision that take it of the barrel you spent about the same amount of benjamins.

This thing is super easy to set up, matter of seconds, not so with Magnetospeed or Labradar, where you often fiddle around for quite a while before you are ready to measure anything.

Multiple velocities on Labradar is more or less a useless gimmick that comes from the way it works. Not to mention the form factor and ancillary gear you need with all tripod-mounted Chronos.

At least over here in Europe the price is the same as Labradar which is not really available anywhere right now anyway.

Last edited:
Price of this is within $200 of the AndiScan. I managed to get in on the first order of those and it's enroute. It looks to have the same distance limitation. It's manual states "1-2 meters typically, 3-5 m at maximum".

The biggest difference is the AndiScan is like a mini LabRadar. You don't need to use another device (phone). The AS battery has less runtime that what BS states by a long shot so you'd need to use an external battery pack. You also have press a button to arm it like the LR. I like the idea of being able to remove it from the gun to get data (if you can't see that far like my old eyes) and put it back without having to realign it.

I'd love to see someone test both of these side-by-side. Maybe I'll suck it up and buy one of the BS. I could test the BS, AS, LR, MS and Oehler 89 all at the same time. That bench would be covered with stuff. LOL

Reactions: MCDIL
AndiScan has been on my wishlist for some time and i intend to distribute them as soon as they start to make them serially.

This first run was a pretty small run he said. The next run will be much larger and is due out late summer.

I wonder if there will be US dealers for this and the AndiScan. My gut tells me these are guys making them in their basement.

Reactions: Secant
I don't know if these are based on the same unit, but there are $209/qty 1 sensor units that seem like they are capable of this measurement; If any of the bigger chrono or electronics manufacturers adopt these and package with real electronics and mass produced designs these could easily be a $450 unit in mass production.

ETA: This module detection range is a little too slow. I'll bet there is a variant that is better matched somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: parshal
A review by Eduardo Abril De Fontcuberta that he published on FB page , hope we get to see the 50BMG test soon

RELOADER BULLETSEEKER 100 SHOT FIRST TEST
HIGHLIGHTS
Yesterday I started testing my Bulletseeker Reloader 120Ghz radar.
I selected to test with 22LR as these small bullets have proven problematic for both Magnetospeed and LabRadar. I compared it side by side with my own system for all-shots measuring, which consists on a V3 Magnetospeed mounted on a custom mount from Accuracy Solutions with the MK carbon tube upgrade. This system has been working fine for me in my preparation for the Prince of 22LR , which I won last weekend.

Since I saw David Tubb all-time mounted Magnestospeed in his 2016 KO2M rifle I decided to copy his awesome idea. I tested ELEY Standard and RWS R50 subsonic ammo as in my experience subsonic 22LR are the hardest to get readings from.
WHAT IT DOES
It reads an V1 ( 1 meter in front of muzzle) around 1.9-2.2 ms less than Magnetospeed V0 which is reasonably consistent with its measuring around 1m in front of muzzle. The speed decrease due to the distance to muzzle was consistent and SD on both systems was basically the same once I eliminated a crazy 2012ms reading from Magnestospeed

The phone app was easy to install and connected with the radar unit fast. Just a tip: don’t change the name of the unit or it will not connect. The Reloader unit read perfectly the 50 bullets I shot and the speeds were consistently a little lower than MS but the same percentage. In my tests the Reloader proved to be a very convenient and reliable muzzle velocity measuring solution for small 22LR calibers.
I will test it with big bores and big muzzlebrakes when I receive the front cone that helps with the huge muzzle flash. As for now, it works very well, it is small, simple and gives perfectly good V1 (its not V0) numbers.

Product description
120 GHz Transceiver TRA_120_02 is used in this project and it is capable of working in the ISM Band. The middle point of the ISM band operation frequency 122.500 GHz is set from the start of the program. It will measure from 250 m/s to 1250 m/s (820 -3940 fps) with an accuracy of better than 2m/s (6.6 fps)
Detection of the bullet is NOT at V0 (muzzle) as Magnestopped , and rather V1 ( +1m) or V3 (+3m) with the optional parabolic lens adapter up to 3m. ( think this is actualy 1m from the Radar position not tthe muzzle)
The battery source is a rechargeable Li-Ion battery Samsung ICR18650-connect by USB-C , 200 mAh , 3.7 V . The unit does not need a trigger and it is always on ( until it reaches the shutdown time selected by user) the battery life is around 6 hrs with radar sensor , LED and Bluetooth on. The recharge time is said to be 5 hrs by USB-C but I have not tested accurately.
- A quick connector for Picatinny rails is part of the product it was made with 3D printing and it seems to be rugged enough even though I did not use it.
- The device is said to be tested to survive recoil up to 50 g and I will test it with .50 BMG as soon as the extreme heat danger lowers and it is approved going to military ranges again.
- A parabolic lens is offered as an option for difficult conditions, especially with strong muzzle clouds
- The device has been tested and is said to recognize, all calibers from .177 and I have tested successfully .22LR and 300 but soon will test big bores with the optional parabolic lens for large muzzle clouds.
- The device is working with suppressors , muzzle brake and without
- The Bulletseeker is rated IP54, dust-proof and splash-proof
- The Bulletseeker can be mounted from 10.5" to 24" behind the muzzle. This applies to all calibers.
-The device comes with an APP for ANDROID (from version 9) and Apple IOS (from version XX). I have NOT tested the final app version, instead I tested ver. 0.0.24 and it works fine. I am told it still has a bug but I did not see it.
As is now the app is very user friendly and the bullet speed was read in ALL THE SHOTS without having to adjust its position.
I will keep on testing from PCP airguns to .50 BMG and let you know.
#accuracysolutions

294353521_10166787278200442_6236454462806924026_n.jpg

I would like to share some experience with the new Bulletseeker Mach 4.

I have personally tested it with several rifle systems:
- Ultimatum Deadline custom rifle in .308 cal with handloads
- Tikka Super Varmint rifle with 16.5 inch Proof Carbon barrel and factory hunting ammo
- Blaser R8 6.5 Creedmoor rifle with handloads
- Bergara Rimfire rifle with supersonic and subsonic ammo
- Heckler & Koch .308 semi auto rifle with factory ammo
- Cheytac .408 cal rifle with handloads

Those rifles had muzzle brakes, some had suppressors, some did not have any muzzle attachments.

The Bulletseeker works with all of the above with reliable readings of the muzzle velocities.

I have had several connection drops during the whole rifle session day, but I cannot be sure if those were due to the device itself or some other problems in the Bluetooth connection on my Android tablet, which is not very new and not very proud of it's hardware.

Unfortunately, I could not get a single reading from the Bulletseeker, when I tried it with several 5.56 cal. AR-15 semi auto rifles.
I tested many options: 5 or 6 different AR systems with different barrel lengths - from 14.5 to 18 inches, with different ammo and different muzzle velocities respectively.
Some had suppressors, some had muzzle brakes, some had flash hiders.
I tried changing the position of the Bulletseeker - from side to side, to above or below the barrel, forward or backwards.
I also tried different settings for the sensitivity option in the Android app.

But, none of this helped. I could not get a single MV measurement from any AR-15 rifle.

Maybe the combination between the relatively small bullet with relatively high velocity was too much for the Bulletseeker.

I am not sure if the parabolic lens adapter would prove to be useful in this case, since I don't have one and I could not test it.

I have sent an enquiry about this issue to longseeker.com and I am waiting for a response from them.

So far, this is it.
I will post if some new info comes to play.

Did you have to change any settings when changing from gun to gun? Or, did you simply attach it and shoot?

Did you have to change any settings when changing from gun to gun? Or, did you simply attach it and shoot?
I did not change any settings with the guns that were mentioned above. I used the default settings for sensitivity set to "1" with all of them.

I changed the default settings when I tried it with the AR-s, but with no success.

EDIT:
I have just received the following reply to my enquiry:
"Hi Peter,
we have tested the AR15 too - it works.

The problem is the big handguard and the mounting points. This results in a greater lateral distance from the muzzle.

The BULLETSEEKER will be too far from the fire line. for the AR 15 is a good position essential.

Try the following:

Mount the BS on a tripod. Make a few systematic positioning tests. Find a detection position and then go backwards for a mounting position
The muzzle brake and the muzzle cloud generating most of the problem.
A other possibility is to turn away from the brake openings.
Let me know how it works.
regards
raimund"

Apparently, my testing will continue...

Last edited:
Can anyone suggest a mount option for small tripod as the bulletseeker comes with a pic rail.
How could you mount that on a tripod. Any suggestions welcomed.
Mine is on the way. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone suggest a mount option for small tripod as the bulletseeker comes with a pic rail.
How could you mount that on a tripod. Any suggestions welcomed.
Mine is on the way. Thanks in advance.

A smaller one that uses a nut:

A smaller one that uses a nut:
6.5SH - This is exactly what I was looking for. Where could you buy this ? I don’t have access to a 3D printer ? Thanks 🙏

6.5SH - This is exactly what I was looking for. Where could you buy this ? I don’t have access to a 3D printer ? Thanks 🙏
There are services online that can do it. You might check to see if there is a "maker space" in your area as well, many can do it for you or teach you how on their equipment.

That being said it may end up being cheaper to just get a small section of pic rail, drill bit and 1/4-20 tap if there isn't a printer local to you.

There are services online that can do it. You might check to see if there is a "maker space" in your area as well, many can do it for you or teach you how on their equipment.

That being said it may end up being cheaper to just get a small section of pic rail, drill bit and 1/4-20 tap if there isn't a printer local to you.
Thanks

Where is everyone ordering thier units from in the US? Are they being imported yet?

You have to order them direct. I emailed them the other day and they said they are in stock and would take roughly three weeks to get to the US.

I ordered an AndiScan (also in eastern Europe) a few weeks back and it was at my door in less than five days.

Reactions: LastShot300
Has anyone ordered from Solid Solution Designs recently? Seems like they're on leave until 17 August.

I'm not sure if that means they won't be shipping these units until they're back. If that is the case, it's a bit annoying that there's no warning that they're on leave until you send them an email and see the auto-reply.

If you are outside of Europe you can order directly . Has no one in US taken on distribution?Maybe do a group buy?

EURO is low vs USD so might be a deal .

*Prices are probably set bit high in an effort to keep the folks buying at the dealers

Last edited:
Did you order from them directly or through Solid Solutions? The direct order Website seems pretty sketchy.
I’ve gone through both now. The direct is sketchy but it’s not actually taking any payment details.

Basically just a webform and they send you a formal invoice and payment portal after manual processing.

Solid Solutions is definitely not responding to messages or emails given they’re away for a break. As I understand it, whilst their back office is still working, they have no actual stock of the Bulletseeker at present (even though their shop portal doesn’t indicate such).

Reactions: RisingPhoenix